Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: UnknownStrain]
    #9075842 - 10/14/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

20cc = 10-20 jars up front then as said above, all the prints and syringes you could hope for until you want a different strain.

--------------------
hehe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineunsui888
Embodied
I'm a teapot
Loc: United States
Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: nenl]
    #9105807 - 10/20/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

so i got some wild bird seed for my substrate...

how do i prepare it? it doesn't seem like the WBS i got looks like the WBS i have seen in pictures. my seeds are rather small, almost like sunflower seeds.

--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

primus------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------mama didn't raise no fool

OfflinejustAdream
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: northern , CO
Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: unsui888]
    #9106124 - 10/20/08 07:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
cloning tek

:cubie: :cubie::cubie: :getstoned: :cubie::cubie: :cubie:

Offlineneybis
Master of the Custodial Arts

Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: justAdream]
    #9106152 - 10/20/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

just perform some searches, there are many different theories on whats best. Simmer, soak, simmer/soak...times vary. Personally i have found that it differs from brand to brand as i switched and used the same methods but found different results. See what works for you and stick to it. :grin:

--------------------
"Why is there so much controversy about drug testing? I know plenty of guys who would be willing to test any drug they could come up with."

OfflinejustAdream
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: northern , CO
Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: neybis]
    #9106162 - 10/20/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:werd:

--------------------
cloning tek

:cubie: :cubie::cubie: :getstoned: :cubie::cubie: :cubie:

OfflineChrisH
Dang ole' dang
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: DIrty south- come on
Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: justAdream]
    #9106463 - 10/20/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You don't want any sunflower seeds in your mix. White millet is the way to go. I have always just soaked mine for 8 - 12 hours, then pc. Colonizes very fast. When cased-- lots and lots of shroomies!

--------------------
Are you sure you want to eat those?:mushroom2:

Offlineunsui888
Embodied
I'm a teapot
Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: UnknownStrain]
    #9109462 - 10/21/08 12:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

okay so i have decided on the WBS, but what is the most suitable kind of WBS? i think i got something called "safflower" or something. i believe there is a better option for WBS...

and when making the jars with WBS, how much water to WBS ratio is needed? should i use the 1/2 pint or 1 pint jars? and where do you find those jars?

--------------------
"a note for asses: what is very convincing, is not necessarily true - it is merely convincing"

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #9111995 - 10/21/08 07:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

www.mushroomvideos.com/

Go to this sight and follow the rye grain tek. I prepare WBS the same way as RR does his rye grain right down to the type of strainers he uses (word to the wise you will want to get the kind with the narrow vertical slits like that). The one thing I do that is not included in his rye grain tek is remove the grains that float in the water while soaking (because they are hollow) and I've heard this step isn't necessary.
As for selecting a WBS, all are good, but you will likely want one that has lots of millet because the small grains make it an awesome spawn. I've allow heard SF seeds have low nutes and aren't that good. You don't have to remove them but don't go out and buy a WBS that has a tonne of SF seeds.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlineunsui888
Embodied
I'm a teapot
Re: First Time Back at Growing (it's been 5 years!)...HELP!!! [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9176974 - 11/03/08 11:00 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

okay well i have managed to separate the black sunflower seeds out of my WBS mix for the most part, so i am left with a bunch of small millet and corn pieces, and i believe milo (sp?)...i have soaked this in warm tap water for around 14 hrs. now.

so now it is time to strain the water and WBS to remove any excess water in the pot with WBS. do i need to filter the water out good from the WBS before placing it into 1 pint jars? or is the WBS supposed to be moist?

and how much CCs should i use for my spores if innoculating into a 1 pint jar 3/4 full of WBS (i'm supposed to leave the jar 1/4 empty correct?)???

thanks in advance!!! i'm excited like a kid in the candy store

--------------------

Edited by unsui888 (11/03/08 11:06 AM)

Offlineneybis
Master of the Custodial Arts

#9177143 - 11/03/08 11:38 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

again, look for a tek and follow it man...searching is ur best friend, but since u insist :rolleyes: :wink:

after ur soak u want to rinse the wbs to make sure as much junk is rinsed off as u can get (no point in leaving it in there right??) and then strain until dry to the touch. The idea is to leave the moisture INSIDE the grain without leaving any moisture exposed to avoid contamination. U may so choose to simmer after ur soak, in which case you should rinse then simmer, then rinse and strain.

AND, i have always read 1-2CC's per jar.

--------------------
"Why is there so much controversy about drug testing? I know plenty of guys who would be willing to test any drug they could come up with."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates