Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSammitch24
Stranger
Acid and Anxiety Disorder?
    #9066795 - 10/12/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

For awhile now I have believed that I have had an Anxiety disorder, or maybe and be Bipolar (it runs in my family). I would often feel worried for absolutely nothing at all, I constantly bite my nails and it makes it extremely hard for me to meet people especially by myself (however I find it very easy to make friends if I have a friend who can initiate stuff for me lol). I would also feel pretty nervous in class, almost as if I had a feeling that a lot of people are looking at me haha.

Although I have not been diagnosed I would not be surprised if I am, but I can control my emotions pretty well and even if I am very depressed which seems to be every other day or whatever I always remind myself of the brighter side of things etc..

Now about awhile ago I dropped acid with a very good friend of mine for and first time and probably had the most fun I have ever had in my life. And since then I have felt as though my anxiety has lessened quite a bit and it is not anywhere near as bad as it used to be. I no longer feel nervous around other people I know.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of something like this or if it may be a side effect of taking it? I certainly plan on taking it soon again and hope maybe it will help even more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Acid and Anxiety Disorder? [Re: Sammitch24]
    #9066829 - 10/12/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

For me, low doses of psychedelics can help alleviate anxiety.

High doses of psychedelics might have the possibility to send you on a downward feedback spiral of paranoia, though.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Acid and Anxiety Disorder? [Re: deCypher]
    #9066895 - 10/12/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

For me, pot has been known to worsen my anxiety before I finally got over it. Mushrooms did the same at times, but LSD has never caused me anxiety...Even at high doses. I would recommend a low dose trial to see how you react, but I have heard for many people low dose LSD alleviates anxiety/stress.

--------------------

OfflineSammitch24
Stranger
Re: Acid and Anxiety Disorder? [Re: MHbound]
    #9066910 - 10/12/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I actually have already tried it, I was just posting this to see if it was my imagination or that it could actually help as I believe it did.

Pot does give me anxiety sometimes actually probably half the time unless i am by myself then i don't ever have anxiety if I smoke.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Acid and Anxiety Disorder? [Re: Sammitch24]
    #9066947 - 10/12/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

LSD stands apart from other psychedelics for me in that it makes me feel very, very powerful. I get somewhat anxious from shrooms and occasionally even MJ but LSD simply does not have this effect on me. It makes me feel like I have NOTHING to be afraid of. It's very refreshing at times. :laugh:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineMitchrooms2488
Stranger
Re: Acid and Anxiety Disorder? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9066984 - 10/12/08 02:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Ya I actually had one of the freakiest things I have ever had happen to me actually happen while I was tripping for the first time.. We were watching a movie and a preview came on of some horrow movie with Blood tripping down some mirror, but on the background I guess was an infomercial with someone saying "AND THE BLOOD DRIPPED DOWN THE WALLS" with a voice similar to the Space ship in Hitchhikers guide. Me and my friend who was also tripping looked at each other in disbelief, but it did not send me over into hell.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Acid and Anxiety Disorder? [Re: MHbound]
    #9067022 - 10/12/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

High doses of cannabis are known to make me delusional/paranoid.
Hallucinogens actually dont make me paranoid, they can make me feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable.  At worst

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract