Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Snakes and Hounds
    #9061153 - 10/10/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone when doing mushrooms or lsd seen snakes?  I read some mythology on it but nothing has really clicked to my experience.  I was sitting on my bed and after some time when taking lsd and drinking I saw an etheric snake, extreemly vivid moving around and striking me energetically in my aura, it's hard to explain but with the alcohol I wasn't afraid and it didn't hurt, I was just wandering what the hell it was.  And I somewhat know the difference between "hallucinating" and when things are real and this thing was real. 
Which brings me to the hounds, I was walking in the canyon when I sensed a three headed hound guarding someplace I was trying to go to within.  I was in a sober state of being so it was iffy but once again seemed very real.  Is there such a thing as hell hounds like in mythology?  I take things as far as I can at times and am wondering if anyone has had simular experience such as these.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezannennagara
Found in Space
Male

Re: Snakes and Hounds [Re: mr.bixby]
    #9061734 - 10/11/08 02:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Recently on acid I had snakes inside me (not really "seen" with eyes, but faint images of black and jagged serpents sensed) which I had to purge by means of an intense clenching of every muscle producing an immense buildup of energy climaxing in screams that banished one and then another. This was my first (and so far only) dissociative experience with psychedelics and was extremely otherworldly. By releasing these snakes, I was somehow undoing coiled helices within the environment and within myself, by doing which I was energetically serving mankind in its mass-hallucinatory (sober) state.

As far as the hounds, the only direct thing for three-headed dog that comes to mind is the first Harry Potter book, where the first guardian of the underground lair is a three(?)-headed dog. I'm sure Rowling drew on something else to some extent, whether the Hydra or some other beast.

--------------------
No debe haber separación, no puede haber definición.

Invisibleaxis_bal
Stranger
Male

#9062568 - 10/11/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have had some animal imagery in trips. I believe in some forms of shamanism the animals can be messages from the spirits. Each animal represents a different type of mythology. Snakes are common representations of kundalini energy as well as other things.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Snakes and Hounds [Re: axis_bal]
    #9066306 - 10/12/08 11:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

A three headed hound is called a Cerberus. A Cerberus guards the gates to Hades.

Were you near the gates to Hades when you pictured the Cerberus?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Re: Snakes and Hounds [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #9118710 - 10/22/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Your question is probably sarcastic but is there a literal Hades?  All I know is that it did feel like it was guarding something within me and that I knew immediately not to pursue it further, it wasn't even an option but a knowing.  I've read stuff about the whole microcosm/macrocosm theories about the body, and the whole Bible thing about the many mansions and the kingdom of heaven within.  So there must be hells and such as well if that is true.

And it also got me thinking, most people I come into contact with say it's all halucinations from drugs and imagination from dreams, meditation, etc., but sometimes you can tell when it's a hallucination or a real thing, just on a different vibrational level.  Supportive beings (angels) and malevolent beings (demons) are real and I think they come from within and no amount of medication can convince me otherwise.:crazy2:

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#9121353 - 10/23/08 01:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Either sarcastic or metaphoric, I can never tell either.

Was your mind-state conducing of dark imagery?
Were you contemplating evil, or death?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Snakes and Hounds [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #9122470 - 10/23/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies