Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them?
    #9059102 - 10/10/08 02:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

At a party last night some guy showed up with two jars, about 4 inches tall, with those white cakes inside and they have cubes growing on the side against the glass. I will be able to upload pics later when I get home. So what do I do? It clearly has mushrooms growing inside of it and they look like they can't grow all mashed up against the glass. The Jar has a date on it (7/20/08). I have never grown shrooms nor did I ever plan to but it just fell in my lap.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: clemens]
    #9059112 - 10/10/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

what you should do is look around the site and do a little reading... all the info you need is here to get started... good luck

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflineCJJ
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: clemens]
    #9059118 - 10/10/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You have 800 posts and ask this sort of question ? Read the teks

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #9059160 - 10/10/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

build a fruiting chamber...

here is a couple video's to watch...

good luck!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: Roadkill]
    #9059358 - 10/10/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Does this help more?

--------------------

OfflineCJJ
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9059371 - 10/10/08 03:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Are you sure you didnt... "borrow" these from someone ? Anyway those look like they are ready to be thrown away. Look up a quick brf tek ide suggest grabbing RRs videos they are fairly priced and can get you into growing asap.

OfflineT2K_Rusty
Rusty Shackleford
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: CJJ]
    #9059395 - 10/10/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

LOL

--------------------
Sh sh shaw!

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: T2K_Rusty]
    #9059546 - 10/10/08 03:34 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah? I thought they looked fucked up. The kid was really sketchy, and he had been carrying them all night and then he just busted them out. They look like maybe they sat in the jar to long.

--------------------

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #9059909 - 10/10/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Why did he give them to you? Did he steal them from someone else? Bizarre.

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: T2K_Rusty]
    #9059941 - 10/10/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i dunno how often people "show up at parties with PF jars"....mmm...i dont believe you lol.

--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9060010 - 10/10/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

lol yea right... who is gonna go through the time and trouble of growing these, and DATING them... only to give them away?? lol.... i smell a robbery!

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

Offlinedrwatson
Slacker
 User Gallery

Loc: nowhere land
    #9060076 - 10/10/08 05:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you have a couple options.

1. let them continue to grow inside the jar, then pick, take cake out of jar and dunk and roll and place into a fruiting chamber of some kind.

2. take the cake out of the jar, pull those pins off, dunk and roll and place into fruiting chamber.

I don't see any contaminants so I don't see why you'd toss the jars out and if the mushrooms haven't aborted there's no need to stop the growth.  If you take the cake out and put it in a fruiting chamber without pulling those pins off they probably will just hang off it or stay smashed into it.  They aren't going to just pop up and fill out, they've spent their live in a tiny little jar smashed up against the glass, let them grow then pull that cake out and harvest those. 

:2cents:

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: drwatson]
    #9060141 - 10/10/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution:  nice book.........

take em out of the jars build a chamber. watch some videos then you can learn how to do it yourself. Wierd story. Definitly not true.

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #9060488 - 10/10/08 07:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This random guy showed up that my friend's lame ass cousin brought over and he said he had 30 more back at his place. He gave my friend's cousin two and I was sitting just eye balling the scene. My friend's cousin has never taken any hallucinogen except this one time I gave him a glass of shroom tea but he didn't trip. Ever since he wanted to try them again and he met this guy through a local college who sells shrooms, among other things. I was high and drunk at the time but I recall him saying he sometimes sells them for 30 a jar. Possible he stole them, possibly they are contaminated. I don't know.
Tyler (my friend's cousin) has picked shrooms with me before at his ranch and he knows I know a lot about them. My birthday is on the 13th so he gave me one.

--------------------

Offlinenykon
Mycologicaly Sufficient
Male

#9060654 - 10/10/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2:
busted... your story changed... first you said 2, and now all of a sudden it's one... Man at least get your story straight.:rolleyes:

--------------------
Hey mister... What did you do to my Rooster??

PE swabs for trade.....

Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: nykon]
    #9060669 - 10/10/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

LMAO!

If I had a nickle for every time some random guy gave me colonized jars, I'd be broke...

what do you think you do with them? Throw them away of course, or report your friend to the proper authorities.

Just screwing around of course - I hope you do well by them. If you do nothing else right, talk nice to them. They might talk back...

Is Tyler's last name Durden???

--------------------
hehe

Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: nenl]
    #9060746 - 10/10/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

although i dont believe you, you came to the right site. search the forums for the PF tek, thats what cake jars are...if theyre 100% colonized you need to dunk and roll them, get a tub with perlite (found in garden stores), a spray bottle and a light source.

http://www.shroomery.org/8409/PF-Tek

thats the PF tek...all you need to know. good luck, remember KARMA dude and have fun.

--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9060807 - 10/10/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nykon said:
busted... your story changed... first you said 2, and now all of a sudden it's one... Man at least get your story straight.:rolleyes:

Not that I care, it definitely is a goofy ass story but I've seen stranger things happen, but as I read it he is still claiming there are two jars.

Anyway, the best way to do it to take the lids off of both jars and drill a nickel sized hole in each one. Next, screw the lids back on and fill the jars to the top with warm diet Coke. Make sure the soda is warm, otherwise you risk cold shocking the mycelium, which you want to avoid. Next, place the jars carefully in a warm, dark place. I recommend your sock or underwear drawer. Finally, if those sad looking shrooms you have are going to come back to life they are going to need nourishment in the form of complex sugars. Luckily, Mentos candy, commonly available at most gas stations and convenience stores, provides the perfect balance of pH and complex sugars. Take two plain Mentos candies and push them through the holes in your lids, and close your sock drawer. Check the level of diet Coke every 24 hours to maintain the correct level. Good luck!

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: nenl]
    #9060812 - 10/10/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have actually had a random jar given to me too.
It was right as I started growing, I noticed a few growing apparatuses in a friend of a friends garage when we were over there smoking a blunt that day, I mentioned to my friend later that I had noticed a PC, glovebox and even old Shotgun FC, Perlite still inside. well anyway he went back to his buddies days later to find out what was up, and brought it up to his buddy in normal conversation. His friend then wanted to meet up with me again, cause he had never had the chance to talk with a fellow grower, and didnt know of the Shroomery, So I went and had a good chat with him, He was growing PE with less than stellar results. like a 30% colonization rate and 70% contamination rate, and not a single pin in 3 weeks... Much to his avail he was ready to throw his hands in the air and say fuck it, which he later did about 2 weeks later... Anyway he gave me 1 single 1/2 pint cake that was fully colonized with PE, I took it home, placed it in my fruiting chamber, where I was having much success at the time with my First grow.... Yet the cake never fruited (I believe due to lack of nutrients) and got pitched out a month later, but heres the kicker.

When the cake was birthed, D/R and placed in the FC, there was 1 heavy rhizomorph that remained stuck to the glass where the dry verm layer was... I pulled that rhizomorph from the glass and placed it in an LC, It grew out, was used as inoculant and thus perpetuated this almost dead to me strain... and this was my first grow.

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: P.Menace]
    #9060892 - 10/10/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
I have actually had a random jar given to me too.

loved that story especially the end - that in and of itself could be a blockbuster - "The Mighty Strain"

I'm more likely to be the person that gives some random stranger a jar than to receive it. If I only knew another grower in person... I live in a cave... Living vicariously through these threads.

--------------------
hehe

OfflineThe Cake Guy
Bad Ass
 User Gallery

Loc: WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE...
    #9061126 - 10/10/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I might just be a sketch but if someone wanted to give me a fully colonized jar then first of all I wouldn't take it.  If I was drunk and not thinking and did take them then I would throw them away the next day when I woke up.  You don't know this guy and you really have no idea who he is or why he would just give something like that away.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  I guess what I'm trying to say is people who get in trouble don't know that its coming (most of the time) or else it wouldn't happen so just be careful and cautious.

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: P.Menace]
    #9061183 - 10/10/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

this all sounds too strange to me
theif,LEO,liar,who knows like i said STRANGE!!!!

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9061189 - 10/10/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

coming from the guy asking the forum if its ok for n00bs to give shit away.....
thats what I find strange... n00bie

--------------------

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9061200 - 10/10/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

why is that?

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9061203 - 10/10/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

for the same reason everything just tasted purple

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9061208 - 10/10/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i just didnt know how long i had to be a member before i could give them away whats so strange about that?

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9061231 - 10/10/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

noobieshroomie said:
this all sounds too strange to me
theif,LEO,liar,who knows like i said STRANGE!!!!

-noobie-

this is whats strange... can we leave it at that now?

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9061240 - 10/10/08 11:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yea sorry didnt mean to freak any one out or piss any one off

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

OfflineT2K_Rusty
Rusty Shackleford
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: Mad River]
    #9061253 - 10/10/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mad River said:
Quote:

nykon said:

Not that I care, it definitely is a goofy ass story but I've seen stranger things happen, but as I read it he is still claiming there are two jars.

Anyway, the best way to do it to take the lids off of both jars and drill a nickel sized hole in each one. Next, screw the lids back on and fill the jars to the top with warm diet Coke. Make sure the soda is warm, otherwise you risk cold shocking the mycelium, which you want to avoid. Next, place the jars carefully in a warm, dark place. I recommend your sock or underwear drawer. Finally, if those sad looking shrooms you have are going to come back to life they are going to need nourishment in the form of complex sugars. Luckily, Mentos candy, commonly available at most gas stations and convenience stores, provides the perfect balance of pH and complex sugars. Take two plain Mentos candies and push them through the holes in your lids, and close your sock drawer. Check the level of diet Coke every 24 hours to maintain the correct level. Good luck!

Pffft yeah if you want a gram to grow. What you should do is fill a huge 50 gallon airtight glass aquarium, with diet coke. Fill it 10% volume with mentos. Boom instant pound of shrooms in 10 days, just drop the jars in.  If you want the shrooms to be more potent, fill it with toilet bowl cleaner and sheets of aluminum foil, then drop your mother's vibrator in.

--------------------
Sh sh shaw!

Offlinenenl
Strangest

#9061259 - 10/10/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

off topic (if that's possible in this thread) but noobie, that was a silly topic - of course you can give away prints to whomever is willing to give you their address. However, I'm in favor of it because it probably spurred a fair amount of good cultivation energy, at least with one other member...

P.Menace, per his mood icon, is angry and taking it out here. Good for you - get it out and get back to relaxed or happy...

Really though, please take my engagement photo off your signature! If you ever meet me in person you'll know I'm being serious.

Now you are wondering...

nothing but love...

good night shroomery

--------------------
hehe

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9061271 - 10/10/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

nah, im just always an asshole:lol:
:offtopic:
He must be talking about the pic of Dale Dribble:lol:

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9061276 - 10/10/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

photo joke? lol
i actualy got that from a friend on myspace

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9061281 - 10/10/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I wish now that there was an "asshole" mood icon, cause I would never change it

--------------------

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

#9062397 - 10/11/08 09:20 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

clemens said:
Tyler (my friend's cousin) has picked shrooms with me before at his ranch and he knows I know a lot about them. My birthday is on the 13th so he gave me one.

Wow, your dumb, giving away information like that.

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: alkylbenzene23]
    #9087237 - 10/16/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

wow this is impressive
Whats with all the flaming?? You have no reason to not believe me. All I did was ask a question. The only person I took advice from was MisterMuscaria. I just did what you said but made due with what I had and I am getting pins now. To you, MisterMuscaria, I give you my best wishes. To the rest of you fucks. meh

I really don't see why you can't believe the story. "some one gave my friend's cus two jars of shrooms and he gave me one"
LIES

whatever. i <3 u

--------------------

Offlinefarmerbenji
nooob
Male User Gallery

#9087713 - 10/16/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My take on this thread is fuck you people who dont give someone the benifit of the doubt. Yeah its weird but i've experienced way weirder. You people that were all assuming are like cops that assume certain looking people have drugs on them. be it statistically they probably do. Its a shitty way to live. .   
Someone giving someone a fully colonized jar is like    hey, i'm not going to do it all for you but this will make for an easy start. 

good luck to ya buddy.

But yeah. It was kinda stupid thread to start. If you just look around the site there are hundreds if not thousands of ways to go about getting that cake to do right for ya.
Do some research

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here, Right Now Flag
    #9087747 - 10/16/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you are obviously from indiana, i wont say the city but i know tyler durden.. and he would NOT be smart enough to even start a pf jar

god its a small world

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #9087789 - 10/16/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I can't stop looking at them and thinking they are all mine!

--------------------

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9087814 - 10/16/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The more you open them and look at them and especially breathe on the the more likely you are to find the all green one of these times.

--------------------

OfflineheyAdroid
Stranger

#9087817 - 10/16/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

well what do you know
anyway, good luck with those
i would pick up the ones that were growing invitro

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: I am a nub that came across 2 jars of mushrooms, how to do I grow them? [Re: heyAdroid]
    #9088110 - 10/16/08 06:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Why do I want to pick up the ones growing invitro?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale