Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Brainstorming - Drying Chamber
    #905656 - 09/24/02 09:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I want some input on a new style of mushroom drying chamber.

It calls for quart or pint jars.
A riser on the bottom, to keep the dissecant from touching the liquid layer.
A plate of dissecant, suspended from the liquid layer.
Another riser on the plate of dissecant.
A mushroom layer, on the riser.

My current plan calls for:
1 pint jar
2 riser (large diameter PVC pipe section)
1 circle of metal screen (folded up at the edges)
1 coffee filter
amount of dissacant

Drop the riser into the jar, put metal screening in, drop second riser in. Fill with dissecant (both inside PVC pipe and out) Drop coffee filter on top of it all, drop mushrooms in the top of that. Screw the lid on the jar. Viola!

Now, I want your input. I want to make a sort of "poor mans drying chamber" But not everyone has acess to large PVC pipe sections and metal screening. I want this to be for all the people out there that might only grow 4 cakes and has no need for a larger dissacant chamber...
And I'm sorry if you find this inapropriate for Advanced Cultivation, but I wanted this posted somewhere wear I wouldn't have to explain what dissacant is, what a drying chamber does, and to debunk responses like "Why not just dry in the microwave"

Thanks to all who respond.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShaw

Re: Brainstorming - Drying Chamber [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #905718 - 09/24/02 09:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i'd prefer to use wide mouth quart jars, because you can use grains in them. there is some tapor, but not alot.

--------------------

Offlineprimal_future
Wizard
Re: Brainstorming - Drying Chamber [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #905831 - 09/24/02 10:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
All pictures posted by me were found on the internet. Moreover, I do not grow mushrooms containing controlled substances nor do I possess any controlled substances.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract