Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezer0
dreamer
Well here goes nothin...
    #905682 - 09/24/02 11:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

First of all I would like to say hello to all of you here at the shroomery. I have really enjoyed reading your posts. You all seem to be very knowledgable and friendly about the subject of shrooms.

I decided to register (finally) so that I could post that I will be attempting my first cultivation. (this is were you guys come in  :grin:) I was wondering if you guys could give me some feed back my setup and such. I have read through the PF tek, MMGG,and alot of variations of them, as well as substrate formulas, humidification teks and other aspects. So although I am still at a beginner level, I should most likely understand most of the shroom "mumbo jumbo" in your replies.

I decided to give the P.C. Puerto Rican strain a try. Sticking pretty close to the PF tek.

For the substrate I am using the PF cake, but I using 1/2 BRF and 1/2 Millet flour, since I heard the puerto's seem to grow pretty well on millet. I found out I didn't have a measuring cup so I had to measure it all out with measuring spoons... boy did that take a while.

I didn't have a pressure cooker, unfortuantely, so I had to use the boiling method.  :frown: I slow boiled them for an hour, and am fairly confident I sterlized them ok. (we will see soon though...  :grin:) None of them broke on me, I was suprized. I was expecting since it was my first time, i'd find some way to crack them.

I sanitized the syringe after each innoculation of the jars.

For my incubator I used the plans off of  www.fungifun.org  Temp holds pretty steady at 79-80 F.

Got a good terrainium system in the works. Still needs a bit of tweaking...

That is about as far as I am right now. I am just waiting to see what developes... If all goes well, I will post my harvest pics, or if it doesn't.... I guess I will post my contam pics...

If you have any kind of tips or comments about growing these babies please post them.

Thanks a bunch.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Well here goes nothin... [Re: zer0]
    #905735 - 09/25/02 12:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

its been almost 3 days now and I think I see a bit of gray stuff half the size of a pea in jar "D" hopefully thats early mycellum

Offlinegoolag
Rx

Loc: Stable
Re: Well here goes nothin... [Re: zer0]
    #906150 - 09/25/02 02:26 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like your off to a decent start. I owned a PC for about a week before it became lost at a friends so ever since then I've boiled my BRF jars and to note ive never had a contam inside a jar..ever..and ive done a fair share of jars:).

I'm not sure about the BRF+Millet flour..Millet (grains) need to be sterilized in a PC enviroment so temps reach a higher level. I'm not sure if this pertains to Millet Flour..someone else would have to clarify that.

If you plan on starting a grow log..I'd suggest moving this to the appropiate 'Growlog forum' This keeps the shroomery clean and organized.

Good luck on your first grow man.

--------------------
goolag

[url=http://shroomery.org/faq/]Check out
the Shroomery FAQ
[/url]

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation