Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexxalicexx
Shrooms!

What went wrong?
    #9053767 - 10/09/08 01:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I followed the instructing to make my pf jars and inocculated them with cambodian spores from spores101.com.... but it has been a week and a half and nothing has happened.

I think what went wrong is when steaming the jars all but 4 of the 10 jars had all the water evaporated. it was bone dry after an hour (i didnt check on it) but 4 of the jars still had an inch of water (guess had a tighter seal in pot)

Is that what went wrong?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Re: What went wrong? [Re: xxalicexx]
    #9053810 - 10/09/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Your pc went bone dry?  You prolly ended up cooking the jars, which the mycelia will not colonize on burnt grain. 

And an inch of water in a pf tek jar?  Gotta restart, thats not good news,  I can practically guarantee that an inch of water in a jaar will give rise to comtams, mosy likele bacterial.

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: What went wrong? [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #9053824 - 10/09/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

use a sponsor next time quality spores, and quicker germination. BTW for mention 101... the mods will delete this thread and tell you only to use sponsors.......wait up to TWO weeks for SIGNS. I would redo your jars. next time watch the water level in your pot/pc.

--------------------

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger

Re: What went wrong? [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #9053910 - 10/09/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was just wondering,  why is the whole sponsor use always come up when mentioning another vendor?  Well i can say that I am not satisfied with spores101s shipping,  I ordered from them on the 26th and still nothing,  Im pissed!!  But why all the not mentioning of other vendors?

--------------------
Everything I eat is from the Earth, right.
I am what I eat straight up Earth, right.
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth nice to meet you how do ya do.
Guess what. Ya you're one too.

Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: What went wrong? [Re: widowmaker487]
    #9053975 - 10/09/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Sponsors:

1. support this community

2. are allowed to be here only because of their history of quality products, customer service, etc - you don't just throw money and get to be a sponsor.

Other vendors:

1. are a crap shoot at best

2. do not help support the community we all enjoy and take from.

I can't think of a reason not to use the sponsors. IME, the prices are cheaper than most in addition to the service and quality.

--------------------
hehe

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger

Re: What went wrong? [Re: nenl]
    #9054080 - 10/09/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for clearing that up,  101 says they stand by there product 100% though,  and as far as that goes,  how is it they manage to stay in business if they back it up 100%

--------------------
Everything I eat is from the Earth, right.
I am what I eat straight up Earth, right.
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth nice to meet you how do ya do.
Guess what. Ya you're one too.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: What went wrong? [Re: widowmaker487]
    #9054638 - 10/09/08 04:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

they used to be a sponsor a year back and arnt anymore. They are a sponsor over on shroomtalk.

Anywhoo.

I am really confused about what you meant by all but 4 of the jars had the water evaped out of them.

Do you mean that your jars were full of water before sterilising??

Please clarify this.

You dont want your pot to boil dry, also you need your jars out of the water too. When steam sterilising dont have it on a raging boil. Keep it just at the boiling point and weight the lid down with something to help keep the steam in.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleJrsxt
Stranger

Re: What went wrong? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9054657 - 10/09/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Spores101 sucks. They were decent when they were a sponsor here, but since then i've ordered from them and have had nothing but stalled or contaminated jars from their syringes. Definitely check out the sponsors here. You can't go wrong.

OfflineJeets
Stranger

Re: What went wrong? [Re: Jrsxt]
    #9054867 - 10/09/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jrsxt said:
Spores101 sucks. They were decent when they were a sponsor here, but since then i've ordered from them and have had nothing but stalled or contaminated jars from their syringes. Definitely check out the sponsors here. You can't go wrong.

Yep, same with me.

Offlineiamsmooth
Stranger

Re: What went wrong? [Re: Jeets]
    #9054909 - 10/09/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The people who run the Canadian spores101 are pretty competitent actually. I buy from them since they're the only seller I know that ships to Canada quick and cheap. They used to be a sponsor here, but there was apparently some kind of drama that led to them being removed.

Either way, I'd just wait a little longer for your jars. I've found that depending on how they were prepared, they can take from 3 days to a month to show signs of colonization (I have jars that didn't show colonization for one and a half months oddly enough. My problem was my needle didn't pierce the dry verm layer. Also, if you use chunkier/courser vermiculite, it'll make it a lot faster too.

OfflineMycoAu
5thKingdomCome
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What went wrong? [Re: Jeets]
    #9054914 - 10/09/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I would definitely check that you're using your PC correctly.  Find a manual online and follow the instructions.  If you absolutely need to (and you shouldn't unless you're equipment is faulty) you can let the PC cook for 30 minutes, cool to RT, add more water and PC again for additional time as long as the second heating cycle does not occur more than than 24 hours after the initial cooking period. 

Things to check:
-Water level (moisture content is a better way of saying this) in the jars (There should not actually be a "water level" in the jars due to moisture pooling.  If it does, there is FAR to much water in the jar.)
-Water level in the PC
-Gasket in the lid of the PC (check for tears, cracks, or any other signs of old or faulty seals)
-Safety release valve
-Pressure gauge (if you don't have one, find a PC with one and buy it asap)

PM me if you'd like addition help

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale