Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> Holy shit. [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9070921 - 10/13/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention - having a nice pinset over the entire surface is sometimes LESS desirable, IMO - as long as the pinset isn't a result of stress or lack of nutrients.  The mycelium is going to use up its available nutrients, water and fressh air one way or another - whether it be in smaller numbers of larger fruits, or in larger numbers of smaller fruits.

Larger fruits are less work!  I HATE having to clean the casing off of thousands of teeny little fruits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> Holy shit. [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9073006 - 10/13/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I used micropore tape instead of polyfill.

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> Holy shit. [Re: Mad River]
    #9073280 - 10/13/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mad River said:

Um...;) okay but what about the first part of my question... tub size...hole size... i know its "to each his own choice, tune to your preferred results", but im asking for your specific setup how big were they and how big is the tub.

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
    #9075461 - 10/14/08 10:47 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Polyfil > micropore (for fruiting.)  You need FAE much more than you need sterility.  If you use micropore to keep contaminants out during the bulk spawn colonization process, then I'd suggest replacing it with polyfil once you wish to initiate pinning, as well as fanning often.

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

#9100949 - 10/19/08 05:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
Quote:

Mad River said:

Um...;) okay but what about the first part of my question... tub size...hole size... i know its "to each his own choice, tune to your preferred results", but im asking for your specific setup how big were they and how big is the tub.

The holes are slightly bigger than a quarter. I used a small holesaw drill bit.

I don't recall the quart size of the tub, I'm pretty bad with stuff like that. If you look at the first few pics there are items included for scale, including a ruler in one. Maybe that will help you. Sorry. I knew when I started. Maybe 64 qt?

Edited by Mad River (10/19/08 05:49 PM)

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> Holy shit. [Re: Mad River]
    #9100962 - 10/19/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup::wink::thumbup:

~Monk

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> Holy shit. [Re: Sillicybin]
    #9100973 - 10/19/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sillicybin said:
Polyfil > micropore (for fruiting.)  You need FAE much more than you need sterility.  If you use micropore to keep contaminants out during the bulk spawn colonization process, then I'd suggest replacing it with polyfil once you wish to initiate pinning, as well as fanning often.

Man, it's hard for me to believe that more air would be exchanged with polyfil than micropore tape. It just seems like a much thicker barrier. Besides, the micropore tape worked fine for me, and it's simpler and tidier. As far as fanning goes, I like the monotub for it's simplicity and the ability to set it and forget it. Fanning may be beneficial, but it works well without it. Fanning would mess with the RH, too, and I just don't want the complication. If this is as good as it gets without fanning, I'm happy. But I do think I can make a major improvement by utilizing the trash bag technique, and making sure the substrate is level.

Thanks for your thoughts. :smile::thumbup:

Offlinebaiseoner
ShroominShroomer

#9100976 - 10/19/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

what did you do for humidification?

Offlinenykon
Mycologicaly Sufficient
Male

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> Holy shit. [Re: baiseoner]
    #9101240 - 10/19/08 06:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

That's the beauty of monotubs and dubtubs.  You don't have to do anything for humidification.  do a search on monotubs and all will be revealed to you.

--------------------
Hey mister... What did you do to my Rooster??

PE swabs for trade.....

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> Holy shit. [Re: baiseoner]
    #9102032 - 10/19/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

baiseoner said:
what did you do for humidification?

You really don't have to do anything if you have the proper moisture content.. Cause the water evaporates out of the substrate and creates water droplets on the inside of the tub, which have to were to go so they just fall back to the surface of the substrate..  So no misting required..

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g -> 2nd flush [Re: Mad River]
    #9103039 - 10/20/08 07:00 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

2nd flush dry weight is only 52.2 due to an unfortunate Trich contam which took out about half the tub. I'm guessing this is from my absolutely laissez-faire methods of harvest and dunking at the first flush.

Oh well. 7 ounces is a lot of mushrooms for me, and this experience has certainly pointed me to where I need to make improvements next time.

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g -> 2nd flush [Re: Mad River]
    #9103157 - 10/20/08 08:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What size fan did you have going in the room? Was it on 24/7 or on a timer?

Did you have it ocillating so it blew past the tub or just blowing in one direction?

Thanks guy .. working on getting mono's down as we speak  :wink:

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g [Re: Mad River]
    #9103645 - 10/20/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

That's a real nice grow, props to you.
How much would you say you had total substrate (spawn + bulk) by volume? I'd like to know what it takes to get 1.4kg shrooms with one flush.. :thumbup:

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g [Re: dead]
    #9104486 - 10/20/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The fan is probably a 20" floor fan that was going mostly 24 hours a day on low, not oscillating, not pointing at the tub.

dead,
if you had simply read
what i posted in the thread
you'd know that i said
6 quarts of rye on the head
with 1 batch of large_dose's coir tek as a bed
now pardon me while I listen to some Right Said Fred
care to give me some head?
dead?
                            :grinch:
P.S. 100 grams = 0.1 kilograms. I know, the North pole hasn't converted to the metric system yet. :rofl:

Edited by Mad River (10/20/08 09:09 PM)

Offlinenykon
Mycologicaly Sufficient
Male

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g [Re: Mad River]
    #9104505 - 10/20/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
That is just too much!! ^^^^
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

--------------------
Hey mister... What did you do to my Rooster??

PE swabs for trade.....

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g [Re: nykon]
    #9104638 - 10/20/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

You've told people like three times in this thread what substrate you used ... lol

:eek:  R-E-A-D    :eek:

Offlinehankthedwarf
Stranger

#9105079 - 10/20/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Nice grow, and thanks for the laugh..    Reading? Who has time to read when u could just reply with a question and wait for an answer???

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g [Re: hankthedwarf]
    #9105097 - 10/20/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I did read the thread, but I just wasn't up to doing the math. Please accept my humble apology for wasting your time.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Re: First bulk sub grow results: Rye -> Coir -> Monotub -> 1st flush dry weight 143.6g [Re: dead]
    #9106637 - 10/20/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:djkoopa:

C'mon mouse avatar guy,
I didn't mean to make you cry.
You seem like an alright guy,
Not too hip but relatively fly.

I'm just havin' some fun of a poetic persuasion,
Let's put this to rest and have a mellow conversation.
                            :peace::heart::crazy2:

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

#9107755 - 10/21/08 12:31 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

"mouse avatar guy" :rofl: :rofl:

Either you're a natural born comedian man, or I'm just sleep deprived but :thumbup:

--------------------

Links:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale