Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIcAnFeeLthErain
How ya like your Chang's Sauce?
Male

Loc: Bright Side of the Road
Did I lose my second flush?
    #9045115 - 10/07/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

After picking a nice first flush of Golden Teachers I am afraid I have ruined any chance for another flush.  Because of the rooted nature of the GTs (perhaps encouraged by a small casing container) I had a hard time not tearing the casing layer all to hell.  Most of the mushies came up in clusters and brought a lot of myc. base with them.  Because I dont think I'd like to eat verm&peat I cut the bottoms off from these fruit bodies and tossed the scraps into a pot of hot water and made a tea.  As the casing soil fell away I began to notice lots of little immature fruits in the mix.  There seemed to be no way to avoid uprooting the little ones because of the strangle hold the big ones had on the myc. bed.

Do I have hope for a nice second flush? (mind you there are only three or four little guys still rooted from the first flush)  And what steps do I need to take to encourage new growth?

Thanks,
icanfeeltherain

ps - I had to fill in a large space all the way down two sides of the casing because of the amount I removed from the sides, and I filled in the spots on top too.  Then I misted to near saturation to bring the moisture content up.  And I adjusted my martha to run at 85-95% humdity.

--------------------
"We are here to awaken from the illusion of our separateness" -Thich Nhat Hanh

Take your sweet time, everything is a once in a life time experience.

Cakes?  No Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Did I lose my second flush? [Re: IcAnFeeLthErain]
    #9045199 - 10/07/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yes the mycelium will heal. I wouldn't worry about it.

Give it a few days.

--------------------

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Did I lose my second flush? [Re: MHbound]
    #9045545 - 10/07/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you can throw some damp verm on the exposed myc if you want.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale