Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

My malabars don't look like the stock photo :(
    #9045106 - 10/07/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I got some malabar multispore syringe from sporeworks and they don't look like this, notice the cap is fully out with veil intact:

But more like the traditional cubensis shape like B+ with veil breaking as soon as cap opens.  Anyone else play around with this strain?

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenastea
Captain Obvious
Male

Loc: Mars
Re: My malabars don't look like the stock photo :( [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #9045144 - 10/07/08 09:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Look like mushrooms to me :smile:

--------------------
Commonly asked questions that have been answered far too many times.

PF Tek Videos
NOOB? Then read this
Grow Bag Pointers
Hygrometer Calibration
Incubation Temperatures
Best lighting source
Contaminants
Grow Guides

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #9045170 - 10/07/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My friends looked like most cubies do as well.  Sure didn't look like that pic.  They were shorter stockier looking.

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

InvisibleDahuiHeeNalu
Female

Loc: Indonesia Flag
Re: My malabars don't look like the stock photo :( [Re: nastea]
    #9045171 - 10/07/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

those look awesome first time i seen sum like dat :thumbup:

--------------------
#IamKratom

Offlinenykon
Mycologicaly Sufficient
Male

Re: My malabars don't look like the stock photo :( [Re: DahuiHeeNalu]
    #9045226 - 10/07/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I believe what the poster is getting at is the fact that they malabars they grew do NOT look like the photo..:thumbdown:

--------------------
Hey mister... What did you do to my Rooster??

PE swabs for trade.....

Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

#9045316 - 10/07/08 10:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Buckeye Oysters said:

I would blow someone to get fruits like that. Some really pretty fruits that don't look like cubes at all.

I've seen many grow logs of malabars, and none of them look like that...

--------------------

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My malabars don't look like the stock photo :( [Re: nykon]
    #9045433 - 10/07/08 10:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think that is totally understood.  HOWEVER, those don't even look like the "Stock" pictures on Ralphsters page. http://www.ralphstersspores.com/index_files/Page1176.htm

Which brings up the idea of "substrains"  If you do a multispore inoculation, you're not going to know which particular substrain will be dominant in the grow.  Each substrain will inherently have it's own traits and characteristics.  Obviously a picture was taken of a Malabar substrain that had that particular characteristic.  Unless you clone those bad babies, your back to square one.  Let's not forget my recent TEXAN grow that produced a substrain, (subspecies) which had the Leucistic trait...

Everyone wanted a print from that!  The exact same spore print produced the "Normal" looking TEXAN...

So what gives!  I hope this helps clarify the misunderstanding with your Malabars.  Hell, Since I fell in love with Ralphsters picture of Lipa Yai... http://www.ralphstersspores.com/index_files/Page2780.htm ; I've been on a quest to get them.  Do I hope I cultivate it and get those type of fruitbodies?  YES.  Will I get that particular fruitbody when I grow them?  Who Knows.

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: My malabars don't look like the stock photo :( [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #9045507 - 10/07/08 10:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

so you've gota wait and clone to get those famous Malabar aesthetics and you may not get one fruit that looks like it from your syringe. Sucks don't it. Sounds like live myc syringes or agar plates/tubes are the only way to buy those fruits and that is illegal to sell. So you'd have to at least blow me to get a strain isolate off me if I had one. :ass2mouth: Not to mention you'd probibly have to know me IRL to gain my trust enough to believe you don't have oral herpes or something. Oh, and that your not a cop/ect.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: My malabars don't look like the stock photo :( [Re: ScavengerType]
    #9050810 - 10/08/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, just gonna have to play around with isolates.  So far its turned out to be a good colonizer and producer.  Haven't tested potency yet.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

OfflineT2K_Rusty
Rusty Shackleford
 User Gallery

#9050881 - 10/08/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

There was only one malabar out of my malabar grow, that had parts of the viel stuck to the cap after maturity. It didn't look anything like those pics, it was mostly ripped up..... Other than that they were almost identicle to ecuadors.

--------------------
Sh sh shaw!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures