Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Auras/chi and the big bang
    #9035109 - 10/05/08 11:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Might a bio-magnetic field count as chi?

This LINK is interesting.

"The only 3 subjects of them exhibited strong bio-magnetic field of 2 to 4 mGauss in frequency range of 4 to 10 Hz. This magnetic field strength was greater than that of normal human bio-magnetism by 1,000 times at least."

Could be bad data, but perhaps not?

Kirlian auras are the detection of electro-magnetic radiation, which is pumped into the object as it is being photographed. Not very interesting.

Aura photography is a superimposed interpretation of the results of galvanometer probes attached to the fingers. Not very interesting, though the galvanometer is interesting in it's own right, as it's results on a graph can be influenced by the mind.

Neither of those would qualify as actual auras to me, but what about the magnetic field? As far as I can tell, it's too weak to be photographed, but it's got to be there. The guys in that link seem to be picking it up with probes, unless I'm mistaken.

Either way, all objects have them, and radiate gravity.

I don't believe this effect could be seen, but some interesting questions are, does it fluctuate? If so, what causes fluctuation? And, can it be felt? Is emotion simply a chemical process, or is there perhaps a feedback mechanism in which this field is sensed?

Some of those questions might be answerable, some might never be answered objectively.

Another interesting idea. The universe is evaporating. Stars are "evaporating" large quantities of mass, and even dead stars evaporate in the same way all mass does. Everything is evaporating. Some energy is reabsorbed upon impact with other objects, but since all objects emit, and there is more empty space than not, eventually the universe will be totally evaporated. I think It's been proved that even black holes emit energy. 

Interesting questions are, In the absence of concentrated mass, what would be the effect of energy on itself? I could guess that energy naturally coalesces, and is attracted to itself, but that the process is much slower than the evaporation. Are there any theories on this?

This type of idea would support a multiple big bang theory, in which, irregardless of whether the universe expansion is speeding up or slowing down, energy escapes it's initial outward propulsion by virtue of radiating in all directions, thus eventually creating a field uniform enough to contract upon itself.

hmm.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: Auras/chi and the big bang [Re: Rahz]
    #9035162 - 10/05/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If so, what causes fluctuation?

changing of consciousness?

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Auras/chi and the big bang [Re: deranger]
    #9035248 - 10/05/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Chemical changes caused for various reasons could be a contributor if they altered the body's electrical field. But there could be other causes. What's interesting about the galvanometer is that stress causes the skins electrical resistance to rise. However, with practice the resistance can also be controlled while remaining calm from a mental (head) perspective. I'm not learned enough to make a rational jump between the ability to control electrical resistance (which isn't a field, right?) to a measurable magnetic field, but I can take a wild guess.

If we can sense the magnetic field, perhaps this field awareness IS consciousness? And if we can sense it and affect it, we would have the ability to change our consciousness over time. Without the sense, and/or the affect, it would not be possible. This feedback would create an additional feedback, the effect of consciousness on our mental activity, and everything we do.

--------------------
rahz

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9035283 - 10/06/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

the magnetic field seems to play a major role in consciousness, without the earth's field consciousness could not exist as it does now.  or is this wrong?  it makes me wonder how our individual fields relate with that of the earth's.  perhaps the field is consciousness, and our individual fields can somehow merge with the earths magnetic field, expanding one's sense of consciousness.  having been seemingly stuck out of my physical body and becoming everywhere simultaneously, it makes sense.  my friend also drowned when he was a kid and saw his parents pulling his body out of the water.  there are also countless reports of people "expanding out of their bodies".  it's just a wild thought, but it kind of makes sense.  who knows?

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#9035286 - 10/06/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My own quote:

>>>>Interesting questions are, In the absence of concentrated mass, what would be the effect of energy on itself? I could guess that energy naturally coalesces, and is attracted to itself, but that the process is much slower than the evaporation. Are there any theories on this?

I just read the Big Bang thread OC posted. Weird, I just kinda worked the big bang into the aura/chi concept as I was writing. Perhaps I saw his thread title, and it was swimming around in my subconscious.:crazy2:

--------------------
rahz

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#9035289 - 10/06/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The scientific picture is just waaay too big.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisibleDieCommie

#9035308 - 10/06/08 12:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

If our consciousness had all this to do with the magnetic field as claimed, wouldn't that mean putting a magnet near my brain would effect my consciousness?  It doesn't.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: Auras/chi and the big bang [Re: DieCommie]
    #9035319 - 10/06/08 12:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

but are these fields the same?

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Auras/chi and the big bang [Re: burgatory]
    #9035328 - 10/06/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, I agree. Corollaries of corollaries perhaps. But it seems interesting from a spiritual perspective. Maybe humans will figure something out one day.

--------------------
rahz

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Auras/chi and the big bang [Re: deranger]
    #9035333 - 10/06/08 12:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:
but are these fields the same?

Yea, using your description of 'bio-magnetic' they are the same.  Maybe you mean something different?  In that case I would use a different word, because bio-magnetic is already taken.  :wink:

edit - sorry, it wasnt you who said 'bio-magnetic'.  But you did mention the earths magnetic field, which is the same field as a magnet's.

Now some animals have been shown to be very sensitive to the small magnetic fields the earth puts out, so its not a stretch to say they effect us.  But I still think if the earths magnetic field effected us in any appreciable sense, a bar magnet would fuck with our head greatly.

Edited by Qubit (10/06/08 12:19 AM)

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#9035365 - 10/06/08 12:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i wasn't thinking about the field a magnet gives off, pardon the vocab.  i really have no idea what to call it.

do we need this earth's "field" to survive?  if we couldn't exist without it, it makes me wonder how it relates to consciousness.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#9035377 - 10/06/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Now some animals have been shown to be very sensitive to the small magnetic fields the earth puts out, so its not a stretch to say they effect us.  But I still think if the earths magnetic field effected us in any appreciable sense, a bar magnet would fuck with our head greatly.

Any sensitivity could be meaningful, if some type of feedback was involved. Cultures have proscribed magnets for thousands of years... not that it proves anything. But perhaps there is a difference between our own field's feedback potential, and the feedback potential of a magnet?

I think also, that magnetic fields have been shown to affect chemical reactions.

--------------------
rahz

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#9035398 - 10/06/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Also, the magnetic resonance of a magnet would be different than the magnetic resonance produced by our bodies. It's not out of the realm of possibility to think that the body is built to affect itself, in a way that a magnet can't.

--------------------
rahz

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9035445 - 10/06/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
If our consciousness had all this to do with the magnetic field as claimed, wouldn't that mean putting a magnet near my brain would effect my consciousness?  It doesn't.

Have you heard of trans-cranial magnetic stimulation?

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Auras/chi and the big bang [Re: deCypher]
    #9036103 - 10/06/08 08:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No, but I just read about it on wikipeida.  It says its about electric currents, which obviously effect the brain.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #9036139 - 10/06/08 08:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Don't taze me bro'?

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9036184 - 10/06/08 08:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
No, but I just read about it on wikipeida.  It says its about electric currents, which obviously effect the brain.

If a magnetic field induces a current in the brain, then this is magnetism indirectly affecting the brain, no?

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Auras/chi and the big bang [Re: deCypher]
    #9036216 - 10/06/08 08:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You could say that sure, but that is nothing like what the first posts are talking about.  Also remember that static magnetic fields induce no current.  So a bar magnet, the earth's field, bio-magnetism; none would induce anything and thus have no effect on consciousness.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#9037002 - 10/06/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The burden of proof is on the OP of course, but a magnetic charge still has an effect on it's environment. You're looking for an instant effect from a magnet, and not finding it, but what would happen if you fashioned a hat out of magnets, and wore it for several years?

Beyond the obvious protection from HARP and alien mind control schemes :laugh: the possibility of subtle effects perhaps shouldn't be discounted. And again, not all magnetic fields are equal outside their strength. It is more complex than that.

Is magnetism just another non-issue like thermal radiation? I would guess that all energetic phenomenas have some type of effect on it's source.

SyntheticMind, I remember reading something about your mention of life outside the magnetic field being difficult, but it's just conjecture since we haven't been able to observe life outside of it. Still, we have been immersed within it through the whole of evolution, so perhaps a space ship would need a tuned magnetic field in order to carry life beyond the Earth's field. Also, in space, the loss of calcium from the body is accelerated. It's possible that a simple centrifugal motion would not make up for the loss of the Earth's fields.

--------------------
rahz

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #9037040 - 10/06/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
It's possible that a simple centrifugal motion would not make up for the loss of the Earth's fields.

And also open up one more possibility of failure in an environment that doesn't tolerate such a thing.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale