Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAffenicum
Inquiring Mind
 User Gallery

Loc: US
PF jar smells like fermenting apples? *DELETED*
    #9033274 - 10/05/08 04:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Affenicum<p>Reason for deletion: Got my answer.

--------------------
HELP make your world better! And to understand the inefficient way it works currently.  Check out these links~~~> http://zeitgeistmovie.com , http://thezeitgeistmovement.com and http://www.thevenusproject.com/

Edited by Affenicum (10/14/08 09:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: Affenicum]
    #9033280 - 10/05/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Toss it and start over. :frown: Sorry. Better luck next time. If you've failed more than once, you may want to take a look at your technique....

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisibleDemonic_Chronic
The Plague Doctress
Trans-female

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: misos]
    #9033292 - 10/05/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

bacterial contam, no savin it sorry man toss and restart good luck next time

--------------------
The Real violence, the violence that I realized was unforgiveable
Is the violence that we do to ourselves
When we are too afraid to be, who we really are.

InvisibleAffenicum
Inquiring Mind
 User Gallery

Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: Demonic_Chronic]
    #9033460 - 10/05/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys.  Yeah I had started a second project and this jar was actually left over from the first project.  My second project had one causality to the green and the left over jar from project 2 is still Ok.  Yeah I have an idea where I went wrong.  I had no still air box and I didn't flame the needle in between each hole so I am sure both of those had something to do with my failure amongst other things.  Once again thanks a whole lot guys!  I hope I succeed before I run out of syringes......I mean I ONLY have 4 more left :lol:

--------------------
HELP make your world better! And to understand the inefficient way it works currently.  Check out these links~~~> http://zeitgeistmovie.com , http://thezeitgeistmovement.com and http://www.thevenusproject.com/

Offlinenastea
Captain Obvious
Male

Loc: Mars
    #9033552 - 10/05/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I would say that any other smell other than "mushroom" smell would be a bad indicator.

--------------------
Commonly asked questions that have been answered far too many times.

PF Tek Videos
NOOB? Then read this
Grow Bag Pointers
Hygrometer Calibration
Incubation Temperatures
Best lighting source
Contaminants
Grow Guides

Offlinecokane
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: nastea]
    #9033801 - 10/05/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

the nose -- nows. i used to work in seafood market and wont eat fish now.

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: cokane]
    #9033935 - 10/05/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Tis bacteria. Fruity nasty smell of which is not tastefull to the nose.

--------------------

Offlinewutupfoo
I have mushroom OCD
Male User Gallery

Loc: North-Western USA
    #9034177 - 10/05/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Contamination sucks man... I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate loss... the apple smell you are describing is characteristic of bacterial contamination. I know how bad that sucks first hand, but I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors.

*EDIT* Also, success starts with failures, however unfortunate those failures may be. Don't let it discourage you, once you have multiple simultaneous successes, you are in for the time of your life. :goodluck:  :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't waste a good high on a bad time; rather enhance a good time with a great high."

-Christoph

(*)I am a 21 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

I have mushroom Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Everywhere I go I can't stop searching. I can be found where there are wood chips, dune grasses, and animal dung. It is an obsession, a part of me; I never want to be without it.

Take me up to space, I want to see the clouds.

Edited by wutupfoo (10/05/08 07:46 PM)

Offlineomu_negru
rookie
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: wutupfoo]
    #9034187 - 10/05/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Bacteria contamination i think...on the other hand i smelled a fruit eaten up on the inside by green mold for the first time yesterday. trust me when i say it wasn't a pretty smell at all :frown:

InvisibleAffenicum
Inquiring Mind
 User Gallery

Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: omu_negru]
    #9036066 - 10/06/08 07:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well allll riiiiiight!  Thanks for the info gentlemen.  Its ok.  I have gotten passed the anxiety since nothing turned out right away.  I have plenty of patience since I don't expect this to happen over night anymore ya know?  I will attempt to keep my head up but right about now would have been harvest time for me.  :hissyfit:  I am gonna create another post that sort of pertains to this one due to the symptoms of one of my other jars is similar to the apple smelling one.  If anyone has any input that would be great.  :whoo:

--------------------

Edited by Affenicum (10/14/08 09:09 PM)

Offlinenastea
Captain Obvious
Male

Loc: Mars
    #9036315 - 10/06/08 09:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I imagine you could just keep in one post. If your going to post about contaim however, you should post in that proper forum. Save the mods the trouble of moving it... you know? I'd say if it alreayd pertains to this you could put it in here.

--------------------
Commonly asked questions that have been answered far too many times.

PF Tek Videos
NOOB? Then read this
Grow Bag Pointers
Hygrometer Calibration
Incubation Temperatures
Best lighting source
Contaminants
Grow Guides

InvisibleAffenicum
Inquiring Mind
 User Gallery

Re: PF jar smells like fermenting apples? [Re: nastea]
    #9036483 - 10/06/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Woops! :flowstone: I always forget that there is the contamination forum.  I always think cultivation when I have contamination.  Sorry for making more work for the mods.  I will try to remember that next time.  Hopefully there won't be a next time but I am sure that is wishful thinking.  :lol: I had already posted a new one in the wrong forum again.  I am just one those hasty types of people that shoots first and ask's questions later.  I try to contain that part of me but when I get excited about something it tends to shine through anyway ya know?  Well thanks for the input nastea.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
    #9036507 - 10/06/08 10:19 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Affenicum said:
Well allll riiiiiight!  Thanks for the info gentlemen.  Its ok.  I have gotten passed the anxiety since nothing turned out right away.  I have plenty of patience since I don't expect this to happen over night anymore ya know?  I will attempt to keep my head up but right about now would have been harvest time for me.  :hissyfit:  I am gonna create another post that sort of pertains to this one due to the symptoms of one of my other jars is similar to the apple smelling one.  If anyone has any input that would be great.  Shroom on fellas!  :whoo:

Growing cubensis is very simple. PF-Tek works for some people as a foolproof tek- but i find it to take longer, and more work is involved as opposed to using popcorn or wbs, or other grains like rye.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder