Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemushrooming
DENVER ROCKS!!!
Male

Loc: Denver, CO
Denver Laws Re: Mushroom Cultivation/Distrubution/Possesion?
    #8937276 - 09/16/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone have, or know where to get information on Denver's Mushroom laws?  I've researched it, and failed to come up with any consistent information.

I'm most curious, because of my mycological experiment involving mushroom spores.  I want to be sure it won't go 'crim' while I'm out of town.  One person has said, it becomes illegal the moment you dry it, while another indicated you aren't allowed to bring it to fruition.

Does anyone happen to know?

Thanks!

-Mushrooming

--------------------
"And in the end, Love will have the final word..."
Spirituality, food, sex, and drugs!  -In that order!

:matrix2: Know your rights?  Download the pocket card today!
                                  http://www.aclu.org/police/gen/14527res20020304.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord
Loc: A Church
Denver Laws Re: Mushroom Cultivation/Distrubution/Possesion? [Re: mushrooming]
    #8937329 - 09/16/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

18-18-405. Unlawful distribution, manufacturing, dispensing, sale, or possession.

(1) (a) Except as authorized by part 3 of article 22 of title 12, C.R.S., or by part 2 or 3 of this article, it is unlawful for any person knowingly to manufacture, dispense, sell, distribute, possess, or to possess with intent to manufacture, dispense, sell, or distribute a controlled substance; or induce, attempt to induce, or conspire with one or more other persons, to manufacture, dispense, sell, distribute, possess, or possess with intent to manufacture, dispense, sell, or distribute a controlled substance; or possess one or more chemicals or supplies or equipment with intent to manufacture a controlled substance.

Quote:

(I) In the case of a controlled substance listed in schedule I or II of part 2 of this article, commits:

(A) A class 3 felony; except that a person commits a class 4 felony if such violation is based on the possession of a controlled substance listed in schedule II unless otherwise provided in paragraph (a) of subsection (3) of this section; or

(B) A class 2 felony, if the violation is committed subsequent to a prior conviction in this or any other state, the United States, or any territory subject to the jurisdiction of the United States of a violation to which this subparagraph (I) applies or would apply if convicted in this state;

No priors and convicted (class 3) the penalties are: 4 to 12 years imprisonment followed by 5 years parole.

If there is a prior, the penalties (class 2) 8 to 24 years imprisonment followed by 5 years parole.

Quote:

One person has said, it becomes illegal the moment you dry it, while another indicated you aren't allowed to bring it to fruition.

Manufacturing a controlled substance is not encompassed by a finished product, manufacturing begins with the purchase of ingredients, and ends with a finished product, and everything inbetween.

Quote:

18-18-102. Definitions.

(17) "Manufacture" means to produce, prepare, propagate, compound, convert, or process a controlled substance, directly or indirectly, by extraction from substances of natural origin, chemical synthesis, or a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container.

Edited by Chemy (09/16/08 01:50 AM)

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Re: Denver Laws Re: Mushroom Cultivation/Distrubution/Possesion? [Re: Chemy]
    #9035698 - 10/06/08 03:18 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
Quote:

18-18-405. Unlawful distribution, manufacturing, dispensing, sale, or possession.

(1) (a) Except as authorized by part 3 of article 22 of title 12, C.R.S., or by part 2 or 3 of this article, it is unlawful for any person knowingly to manufacture, dispense, sell, distribute, possess, or to possess with intent to manufacture, dispense, sell, or distribute a controlled substance; or induce, attempt to induce, or conspire with one or more other persons, to manufacture, dispense, sell, distribute, possess, or possess with intent to manufacture, dispense, sell, or distribute a controlled substance; or possess one or more chemicals or supplies or equipment with intent to manufacture a controlled substance.

Quote:

(I) In the case of a controlled substance listed in schedule I or II of part 2 of this article, commits:

(A) A class 3 felony; except that a person commits a class 4 felony if such violation is based on the possession of a controlled substance listed in schedule II unless otherwise provided in paragraph (a) of subsection (3) of this section; or

(B) A class 2 felony, if the violation is committed subsequent to a prior conviction in this or any other state, the United States, or any territory subject to the jurisdiction of the United States of a violation to which this subparagraph (I) applies or would apply if convicted in this state;

No priors and convicted (class 3) the penalties are: 4 to 12 years imprisonment followed by 5 years parole.

If there is a prior, the penalties (class 2) 8 to 24 years imprisonment followed by 5 years parole.

Quote:

One person has said, it becomes illegal the moment you dry it, while another indicated you aren't allowed to bring it to fruition.

Manufacturing a controlled substance is not encompassed by a finished product, manufacturing begins with the purchase of ingredients, and ends with a finished product, and everything inbetween.

Quote:

18-18-102. Definitions.

(17) "Manufacture" means to produce, prepare, propagate, compound, convert, or process a controlled substance, directly or indirectly, by extraction from substances of natural origin, chemical synthesis, or a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container.

And I can attest for 2 cases of people being caught with the magic, separate times and places.
both got the same thing and both were from 2 totally different counties.
First they arrested them and charged them with F3 felony possession of a scheduled substance, 4-12 years.
Both were held until court, where both were given the same plea bargain. Plea to a F4 felony possession and take 4 years Supervised probation and Drug and alcohol classes.
1 guy fucked his probation up sat inside for 4 months and is now again on probation for a term of 2 years for fucking up his probation, not for the magic, he now has an F3 charge of possession on his record.
the other is serving his 4 years still and has little over 3 left.

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Re: Denver Laws Re: Mushroom Cultivation/Distrubution/Possesion? [Re: P.Menace]
    #9035700 - 10/06/08 03:20 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, and they call it schedule 1

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord
Loc: A Church
Re: Denver Laws Re: Mushroom Cultivation/Distrubution/Possesion? [Re: P.Menace]
    #9035882 - 10/06/08 05:31 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybin and psilocin are schedule I in all 50 states and on the federal level.

I should have included probation as an option and mitigating circumstances for a downward departure.

Edited by Chemy (10/06/08 05:53 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck