Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Casings and humidity [Re: mitchy30]
    #9001664 - 09/29/08 08:41 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mitchy30 said:
Share some of that labwork knowledge!

I have many tricks and tips, but the level of knowledge and experience of many forum members is quite impressive and eclipses mine! 
I guess I should not have posted to this old message...it just addressed some of the casing questions I have.

For folks who decrease the RH at cropping, does anyone use a passive system to lower humidity?
Such as cracking the lid?
I am considering switching seedling flat tops from a solid lid to one with a couple of holes in the top. (I'm thinking about 2 holes the size of a quarter or half dollar.) Sounds like a nutty idea, (I have many) but I am considering trying it...

One other question, before I sign off...if anyone can help, thanks!

Between the knotting phase and pinning:
What is a good air regime?
I fan 2X a day between pinning initiation and knotting.
The period between knotting and pinhead formation is very critical, right? (keeping temps and RH stable)
Once knotting occurs, how much air do you provide?
For a non-automated system, is 1 FAE sufficient?
Or less than desired?

Thanks for any info you can share on these or my original 2 questions all.
When I post again someday I'll reply to a message that was written this year, at least! 

-        -        -        -        -        -        -           

The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere, bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToadStoolFool
A Giver
Male

Loc: the dirty south!!
Re: Casings and humidity [Re: HippieChick]
    #9034530 - 10/05/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

props to anno

ty muchoo

--------------------
a bad trip really aint a bad trip if u learn from it

OfflineToadStoolFool
A Giver
Male

Loc: the dirty south!!
Re: Casings and humidity [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #9034711 - 10/05/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hey rj

i believe you would need holes on the side of your chamber aswell and more than 2 on the top. but not the size of qrts. id say more like a pencil. if your unable to put holes in your chamber then cracking then lid might be your best chance thogh that will decrease the RH.

during the pinning stage when my FC was non-automated i would put my lid on with it slightly cracked, and aired out once in the morning and once at night but a weak fanning the second time. i tried to keep a well amount of humidity for my babies.

ya a FAEer would be nice but id highly suggest an automated FC. ive started with jars in a gallon size bag, to plastic container with verm, to terrarium with lavarocks. and now i think im my upgrading is complete now that its automated!;)

gl..pce!

--------------------
a bad trip really aint a bad trip if u learn from it

InvisibleSarahBorealis
HM

Re: Casings and humidity [Re: Anno]
    #25120391 - 04/07/18 09:52 AM (5 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for this.  I don't post often because I can usually find my answers here somewhere.  I've been doing pftek cakes for some years and am trying the casing thing now.  It's scary.  And I've been fanning them and just found mold.  So no more fanning.  In my other house once I got that green mold it never went away.  I've been spraying the room with alcohol.  That was what I was searching when I found this thread, which I need to copy and print.  Someone said that casing is scary and they are right.  Hopefully I'll get it right.  Thanks again everyone for all the info I've read on this forum.

--------------------
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.  Carl Sagan

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order