Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
What's wrong with these ladies? *UPDATED*...again
    #9032704 - 10/05/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So, I tried posting this on grasscity, but that forum sucks a dick. So, I am gonna post this here.

Problem: Leaves seem to be droopy, although rather firm. Color is off, pointing at deficiency. Some look like a trace element is off, while some look like nitrogen. They usually look pretty decent under the lights (these are taken in a bath tub, as they were just leeched).

Watering: Every time soil dries out.
Fertilizing: With every watering.
Current fertilizer: Schultz all purpose 20-20-20
Flushing: Sporadic.
Soil: All organic (No NPK value on bag)
Setup: 600 Watt digital switchable, with air cooled hood. 6 inch fan for intake and 6 inch for exhaust via flex ducting. FAE is being accomplished by means of 12" oscillating fan and a cheap box fan. Light is about 8-12 inches away from the tops of the plants. No CO2 yet.
Temp:70 at lights out. 80-83 lights on.

So, my questions are as follows:  Why are they not as green? Why are the leaves looking pathetic? And, does the fertilizing/watering/flushing schedule seem to be ok?

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Edited by misos (12/03/08 05:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProf. Astro
acirebma

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: misos]
    #9032729 - 10/05/08 02:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe a humidity issue? What kind of water are you using straight tap or distilled?

--------------------
:hanky:

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: Prof. Astro]
    #9032746 - 10/05/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was using straight tap. Now I am letting them sit out and let most of the chlorine evaporate. Humidity.. I have no idea. Give me about 15 minutes and I can find out. I try to remember to spray them with water at least once a day to help with humidity. What should humidity levels be at?

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #9032766 - 10/05/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yeah they do look sad indeed...
can't really give any advice as i've never had a problem like this...

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineAntii
Accident

#9032784 - 10/05/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Mabey you should give them some sunlight.

mabey you should cut down on the fertilization too, the salts may be building up and making it too acidic.

the best ph level for pot is like 6.5 or 7.0, get a soil PH tester thingy and test it...

--------------------
"Be yourself, because those who matter don't care, and those who care don't matter." by Dr. Seuss

Trade List!!

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: Antii]
    #9032802 - 10/05/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah. I do indeed need to do that. As for light, I am damn sure they are getting enough. I just flushed it today. And I am only fertilizing at half strength. Too bad they can't be more like mushrooms and react to any adjustments within a day or two. :frown: Ack.

--------------------

OfflineAntii
Accident

#9032854 - 10/05/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

They look yellow, maybe you need to re-pot them in a more aerated soil...

--------------------
"Be yourself, because those who matter don't care, and those who care don't matter." by Dr. Seuss

Trade List!!

OfflineProf. Astro
acirebma

#9032860 - 10/05/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well if it's a humidity/fert issue you'll know by tomorrow if you flushed.

--------------------
:hanky:

OfflineAntii
Accident

#9032866 - 10/05/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

what does "flush" mean?

--------------------

Trade List!!

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9032877 - 10/05/08 03:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Alright. I flushed each gallon with about a gallon. Probably should a done more. Then I did a light fertilizing after they drained for about 2 hours. I was getting the hang of it before certain legal things took place. I may have him invest in CO2. That helps a lot.

Antii: Flushing just means running a bunch of water through the pot and soil to wash out any toxic salt build up on the roots and in the soil.

--------------------

OfflineAntii
Accident

#9032881 - 10/05/08 03:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

oh ok thx... well good luck with that...

--------------------

Trade List!!

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: Antii]
    #9032904 - 10/05/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah... I predict to get a minimum of 2 ounces. Pathetic, I know. When the fert, watering, flushing schedules are down, along with ph and CO2 (in the future), I will expect a quap per plant. Nice and legal. And not over the 24 ounce limit.

EDIT: I came to the conclusion that they look over watered because I JUST watered them. As for the off green, I think I am gonna give them some more N. When I go to transplant them before flowering, I will throw in some perlite to aid in drainage, although it seems to drain just fine right now. I will also throw in some SUL-PO-MAG, along with some high phosphorous flowering ferts. I have dealt with all this shit before, so I will just research on gogle to find my answers in more detail.
Thanks.

--------------------

Edited by misos (10/05/08 04:08 PM)

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #9033346 - 10/05/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I bet the problem is overfertilizing and nute lockout.
  probably salt buildup also
  I dunno about Shultz's fertilizer either but I would feed at half strenth every third watering. And get a digital ppm meter.
  I would also adjust ph after adding nutes to water.
  for now I would flush the soil well and feed it 6 to 800 ppm nute solution. gradually increase ppm over time

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: cpw1971]
    #9033536 - 10/05/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Idk know about lockout. They appear to not be as green as they should. I would think that they aren't getting enough... There's absolutely no sign of burn. As for ppm,... that's a little advanced for me yet. I understand it and all, I won't get that involved until the next grow, or  even the one after. I do need to get a PH meter though. I've no idea what the PH is. But I don't think it is too far off. I transplanted them just a few weeks ago.

What's the best way to adjust PH quickly? Lime? Oyster shell? (they both have lime I know, but varying degrees). I never got too into the soil ecology when I was doing, but I do know that if something is off in the soil, it can fuck up your whole plant.

Fertilizers that you would recommend? Any other tips? Thanks.

Also, would this work well enough to read soil PH?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PH-Moisture-Meter-for-soil_W0QQitemZ110294874664QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110294874664&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

--------------------

Edited by misos (10/05/08 05:31 PM)

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
    #9035682 - 10/06/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Why are you doing multiple flushes? Thats not good. You are going to burn up your future buds with the 600W being so close. You are using too many nutes. At the very least follow the instructions on the label. 10-10-10 is fine during veg. Add a little mexican bat guano and :thumbup:.

It looks to me like you are drowning them with all that flushing. Stop that. Flushing is a last resort if bad things start happening and it is also done to remove the chemical taste in weed about a week prior to harvest.

Which way are you going with the PH? Do you know? Dolomitic lime is what I use. But given that I use inert organic soil, high quality nutes, and don't flush them, I very seldom need to adjust anything.

You really should be testing the PH of the nute/water mixture. Soil is good too, but think about it.

The middle pic strikes me as odd. I have never seen a plant with huge fan leaves at the top and tiny ones on the rest of the plant. IDK whats up with that.

GL with the MJ bro.

EG

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: ethnoguy]
    #9036088 - 10/06/08 08:03 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hey man,you say you fertilize with every watering,well that's your problem.You only need to fertilize Cannabis once a week,and hell,I sometimes let mine go 2 weeks without fertilizing.There is no need to fertilize any plant with every watering,and that Schultz is a very strong Chemical Fertilizer.I use Miracle Grow,and only use half the suggested dose.I noticed when I used the full dose,and fertilized once a week,my plants would do the same thing as yours.They would droop,and the leaves would turn a ugly yellowish color.Just,lay off the fertilizer,and I promise within a week,that plant will look like a million bucks.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: KBG1977]
    #9038071 - 10/06/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet. Thanks for the replies guys. I only fert at half strength anyway. But, I shall fertilize once a week to see if that helps. And as for the little leaves, I forgot to mention that I trimmed the lower fan leaves off so the lower branches could get light. I am gonna snip them and make cuttings. At least I can do that successfully. LOL. :frown:

Ethno: I have only flushed once. And apparently that is too much, so I will discontinue that. Mind if I ask what kind of nutrients you use? I am still in the market for some decent ones. As for a PH reader, anyone suggest a good one? Or at least a good way to go about testing PH?

And another thing, they don't look like this under the light. They look actually decent when the lights are on. The leaves pick themselves up and look  almost healthy. And for the light, is it acceptable to leave it where it is until flower initiation? Thanks again.

--------------------

Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9038158 - 10/06/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The comment bout the lights being too close is horse shit.  Get them as close as you can without them burning.  The comment on fertz once every 1-2 weeks is right on target.  Get away from that Schults crap and go with some General Hydroponics 3-part flora.  Outstanding results when you follow their guidlines

--------------------
I'm not a redneck, I'm a Appalachian-American

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9038186 - 10/06/08 05:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Stop trimming the leaves too. It puts unnecessary stress on the plants. Its really bad advice to do that UNLESS it is a couple of days untill harvest and you are trying to save time manicuring. With just a few plants, I wouldn't even bother with that though.

Yeah your plants should be fine until flowering. I would keep an eye on them though. Even a CFL can fry tender little buds.

During the seedling stage, I don't use anything at all. Once vegetation begins I use Schultz drops at half strength once a week until the plants are 8 inches tall. I then fert at full strength and add Mexican bat guano at half the recommended dosage. The plants will shoot up to a ft pretty quick after that, at which time I add another 1/2 strength dose of guano and swich to FF Tiger Bloom. I also continue with the Schultz at half strength. I swich the light cycle to 12/12 at that point and force flowering. As soon as flowers start to really appear, I start adding 2-3 Tblsp of honey to every gallon of water. And I always use distilled water BTW.

Anyway, a good brand of all purpose fert is Peter's. Get the 20-20-20 and dilute to half strength.

I have never really had any major nute or PH issues (knocking on wood) doing it this way. Maybe when I do my next grow, I can do a journal. I have a cheap set-up that has descent yields. Super simple. Not like shrooms at all.

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9038239 - 10/06/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Do you dissolve it in water as much as you can first, then fertilize? Do you add the schultz and the guano together or separately? Sorry for all the questions, but I have never had anyone to ask questions to... You poor poor man. :wink: Thanks for the patience anyway.

--------------------

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #9040942 - 10/07/08 07:44 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

nute lockout doesn't mean burn. It means  that if you soil is above or below a certain range then your plant can't uptake nutrients from the soil and is therefore gonna starve.
  When the PH is within the right range the nutrients are accesible to the plant.
  BTW if you have Bat Guano toss the Shultz's in the garbage and read the instructions on the Guano bag and make Guano tea.

InvisibleKBG1977
    #9041160 - 10/07/08 09:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hey,I need to pick up some new fertilizer,I know they sell fish emulsion at Lowe's,does anybody know if they have Bat guano too?

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: KBG1977]
    #9043442 - 10/07/08 04:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

KBG- I seriously doubt you will find bat guano at Lowes. Try an online garden supply site. Fish Emulsions maybe. My Lowes doesn't have it though. Its just the wrong time of year to find that stuff in stores. Online is the best bet.

CPW- Why in the world would you soley rely on guano unless it is one other than Mexican bat guano? Mexican bat guano cannot possibly support the nute needs of MJ, not to mention the micronutrients. My plants grow fast and strong :yesnod:.

But yeah, you can always follow the instuctions on the bag. And guano is cheap to. A 1 lb bag will last for several grows.

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9043545 - 10/07/08 05:03 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I know what lockout is. LOL.

Ethno: I had a few questions on the previous page... Mind addressing them?

--------------------

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #9044292 - 10/07/08 07:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ethnoguy said:
KBG- I seriously doubt you will find bat guano at Lowes. Try an online garden supply site. Fish Emulsions maybe. My Lowes doesn't have it though. Its just the wrong time of year to find that stuff in stores. Online is the best bet.

CPW- Why in the world would you soley rely on guano unless it is one other than Mexican bat guano? Mexican bat guano cannot possibly support the nute needs of MJ, not to mention the micronutrients. My plants grow fast and strong :yesnod:.

But yeah, you can always follow the instuctions on the bag. And guano is cheap to. A 1 lb bag will last for several grows.

EG

oh it doesn't?? I thought it would be enough. I had the kind with earthworm castings mixed in though. I never used it solely though.

Misos
    oops I must have read one of your earlier post wrong.
  One of the fertilizers I use is the Foxfamr products. They are premixed and easy to use. I use the General Hydroponics 3 part nutes too. They just need a little Epsom salts added because they are missing the Magnesium. At least thats what I think it is but I havent read about it in 4 years lol.
  And as far as the light hieght...  bring it as close to your hand as you can without it getting too hot and thats the right hieght. A fan blowing on it helps also.

Edited by cpw1971 (10/07/08 07:27 PM)

OfflineAKSE
My bruises areblue
 User Gallery

Loc: Ak
    #9045663 - 10/07/08 11:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Fertilizing with every watering?  Can't say I'de suggest that, just IMO.

I usually do once every 2 weeks, maybe it is fertilizer dependant though.

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9046145 - 10/08/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

misos said:
Do you dissolve it in water as much as you can first, then fertilize? Do you add the schultz and the guano together or separately? Sorry for all the questions, but I have never had anyone to ask questions to... You poor poor man. :wink: Thanks for the patience anyway.

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I have been having problems with my ISP (or something), and I have been really fucking sick too.

Well, the bag has instructions that work fine. Here they are:

SUNLEAVES 10-2-1 Mexican Bat Guano

Indoor
For young plants, mix one tablespoon of bat guano to each gallon of water and apply directly to the base of the plant. For older or larger plants, mix up 3 tablespoons of Bat Guano per gallon of water and apply during the vegetative cycle of growth. Repeat every 4 weeks.

Now, I don't do that exactly. I mix the Schultz and guano together with a gallon of distilled water and I shake vigourously. And my guano is at half strength. Before I go any futher and confuse my own stoned ass, maybe I could just point to my previous post in this thread that explains what I do :lol:. Anyway, I wouldn't let the guano float around in distilled water for days on end. Once rehydrated, it should be considered feces for safety reasons. 2 days is about as long as I want to see the coktail sitting in the corner. It can certainly be applied immediatly

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9048873 - 10/08/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Great. Thank you very much guys. Appreciate the help and clearing up of misinformation.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #9051587 - 10/08/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like a lack of Iron or other trace elements.. Try feeding/spraying seaweed tea on it..

Nitrogen (N)

Nitrogen is always listed first in the fertilizer grade (or N-P-K ratio) on nutrient product bags, boxes, and bottles because it is one of the biggies. (For example, if the ratio on your nutrient package reads "11-13-3", that means it contains 11 percent nitrogen.) Plants use nitrogen to produce new, green growth.

Phosphorus (P)

Phosphorus is listed second in the N-P-K ratio. (That nutrient package with the "11-13-3" ratio contains 13 percent phosphorus.) Phosphorus is essential to plant fruiting and flowering because it promotes root growth. When you supplement the amount of phosphorus your flowering plants get, you'll likely notice more blooms and more vigorous growth overall.

Potassium (K)

Potassium takes up the last spot in the N-P-K ratio. (So an "11-13-3" nutrient ratio contains 3 percent potassium.) Because plants use potassium to build cells and tissue, supplementing this nutrient contributes to overall plant hardiness. Stronger, more durable plants are usually more tolerant of temperature extremes and are more pest- and disease-resistant.

Sulfur (S)

One of the secondary macronutrients, sulfur helps plants maintain their dark green color. Mainly, plants use sulfur to create essential proteins.

Calcium (Ca)

As with sulfur, plants also need calcium to make proteins. Calcium promotes new root growth and facilitates overall plant vigor.

Magnesium (Mg)

Even though it's classified as a secondary macronutrient, magnesium is still critical for growth. Without magnesium, plants can't use light to make food! Plants also need magnesium to be able to take in their other essential nutrients and to make seeds.

Iron (Fe)

Iron makes for healthy, dark green growth. As with magnesium, iron is essential for photosynthesis. Plants must have iron in order to produce chlorophyll.

Manganese (Mn)

In short, manganese makes things happen. Manganese is necessary for chlorophyll formation, and w ithout it, plants wouldn't be able to carry out essential cellular functions.

Copper (Cu)

Copper contributes to many natural processes including plant metabolism and reproduction.

Zinc (Zn)

Plants use zinc in conjunction with other elements to carry out many natural processes including forming chlorophyll.

Boron (B)

Plants don't need much of it, but boron does facilitate nutrient uptake and it helps plants to grow new tissue.

Molybdenum (Mo)

Plants need molybdenum to produce essential proteins. Finally, to help your plants make the best use of the nutrients you offer them, make sure the nutrient solution is well aerated and not too hot or too cold. A good temperature range for most solutions is 60 to 65 degrees F. Even though they will absorb the nutrients at different rates according to what they need, you can avoid imbalances by offering your plants fresh nutrient solution every week or so.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? *UDATED* [Re: misos]
    #9255070 - 11/16/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok. Well, figured id give an update. You guys said to use less ferts and nutes.... well, I tried that and they got worse. So I started feeding every watering with 1/2 strength N and then full strength tiger bloom.  Here you go. Give me a minute. I have to use my phone to post this because my keyboard isn't working properly. Pics will be up in a minute.

Sorry, the images arent great quality, was using my cell. Let me know what you think. Also, these are only about a month into flowering. I figure theyll be done in the end of December.

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#9255288 - 11/16/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

They look like they've got a severe nute deficiency, but I can't remember what causes droopy yellow leaves like that other then Nitrogen. Pop it up on ICmag.com or something and you'll get some good advice.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? *UDATED* [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9255316 - 11/16/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

... The flowering ics look like they have a deficiency.... IDK... They are still lacking a little N, but, dude, I think they look rather decent.. Not awesome, but, comared to the first images I osted, they look infinitely better. Sorry, some keys dont work.

--------------------

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#9255354 - 11/16/08 03:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

they look ok to me :thumbup:

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#9255372 - 11/16/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Whoa, didn't see the updated ones, yeah, they look fine now.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? *UDATED* [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9255557 - 11/16/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet. I think they look rather decent. I figure about 2-3 dried ounces/lady. Theyve got another month to month and a half left.

--------------------

OfflineMarys_Farmer
Stranger

#9255652 - 11/16/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

there is a possibility the plants are root bound. I never personally use this much fertalizer, it seems your over doing it. also after lookin closly at your pictures closely my best guess is potasium deficiantcey unless this is the beginning stages of chemical burn, unfortunatly they look vary similar. also you should regulate your flushs to a strict shcedual, and if you want to feed them constatly in between then I wouold choose a natral fish emulsion fertalizer for vegatative state it is much milder than the shultz(the one i use is 7-5-9) and for flowering I use (ratio: 3 oz of premium molasis mixed with a gallow of distilled water) as a bloom booster about every other watering. These are what work for me personaly. btw i'm new and appologize for joining the conversation late...

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: Marys_Farmer]
    #9255689 - 11/16/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah... LOL. Its the images on the thread before... age 3. They are root bound, theyre only in 1 gallon containers. But this is the way it needs to be. They are finally starting to come out of it. The images you I am referring to are the flowering images.. Its koo though.

--------------------

OfflineMarys_Farmer
Stranger

#9255718 - 11/16/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

lol the secound set of pics didnt come through before i posted looks like you got a good handle on them now. for density purposes i would look into the molasis other than that right on nice girls you got there.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: Marys_Farmer]
    #9256039 - 11/16/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks. When I was growing a few years ago, I had never heard of molassis, now it seems to be the thing to do... I will have to look into it. Thanks again!

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9256361 - 11/16/08 06:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Potassium deficiency ??

--------------------

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: Brainiac]
    #9256630 - 11/16/08 07:35 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

...Wrong images.

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9256645 - 11/16/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9256803 - 11/16/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well, it does suffer from a N difficency, BUT mine do to. It doesn't matter this far into flowering. Its common. If you want hit it with one more dose of N. It won't hurt it at all.

It wouldn't make sense that those plants are rootbound if they bounced back. I grow in 5.5 inch deep pots. Mine are around 2ft at harvest. No problems ever. Nice healthy white roots.

Anyway, I don't think nutes had anything to do with what was wrong. I think we figured it out a couple months ago. Sometimes it takes a bit for them to bounce back. It just depends on many factors. Good job, and I'm going to say 2.5 oz dry.

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9261351 - 11/17/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ethno

Hey, I use 14 strength schultz/feeding, along with a full serving of tigerbloom. The leaves are still yellowing slightly, and the veins are still minorly red on some. Would it be ok to continue with this regimen

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9262614 - 11/17/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, that should be just fine. You could go one full dose of Schultz, and skip the Tigerbloom one week if ya want. The impact isn't going too be dramatic either way, but if it makes ya feel better do it.

You need to get some Mexican bat guano for the next go around. And start adding 2-3 TBLSP of molasses, honey, or Karo syrup to your water at every feeding during flowering. Stop at your last nute feeding. Its an old trick that is said to increase bud size up to 20%.

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9262728 - 11/17/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Word. I've got some karo for some LC. I planned on getting some Mexican bat guano as well. Would seabird guano work> I already have some of that from my last grow.

Thanks.

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9262823 - 11/17/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Whats the nute info on the seabird?

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9263044 - 11/17/08 09:33 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

10-10-2

--------------------

Invisibleslacker008
Resident Psychiatrist
 User Gallery

Loc: A wave of reality.
    #9263418 - 11/17/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

They look overwatered which would lead to deficiency. Also, dont fert every watering. Its bad mojo.

--------------------
..beneath the chaos of the world, all is secretly well..

Rebuilding my DNA.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: slacker008]
    #9267788 - 11/18/08 06:09 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

....  :foreheadslap: ... People. Please at least skim through the whole thread to make sure to post to the right thing. The pics are on the third page.

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9272169 - 11/19/08 01:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ah yeah the seabird guano would be fine. I would use it at 3/4 with the tigerbloom. After that I would go back to the Schultz, Tigerblooom, karo combo.

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9273479 - 11/19/08 05:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok. Would this just be for one feeding? Also, the karo idea is way new to me. When I growing, 2 years ago, that was never heard of. So, should it be like 1/2 tbls./gallon?

--------------------

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9273617 - 11/19/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Try about one-two tablespoon to a gallon and wenting 72 hours..Then mix two cups of this into water that will be put onto your plants daily...

You can also go to wal-mart and get a air pump, a one gallon container around 5.00 and a air stone..This will make a nice tea, for your plants....

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9274932 - 11/19/08 08:57 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

True. I use 2 TBLSP of honey in every gallon of water. I've never used karo though. Everyone has their own methods when adding such things. It certainly won't hurt anything to use sweetners :wink:.

EG

Offlinenymphenthogenic
Wandered off behindHim
Female

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #9275013 - 11/19/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It's probably cuz its to cold. That is EXACTLY what happened to mine. They got droopy and off color, so i kept a heater in my room while the plants were in the closet and they sprang right up. But it was the fall/winter and my room doesn't stay so warm due to crappyness of my house, so they eventually died.

--------------------
:nonono:
i hate you

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: nymphenthogenic]
    #9282112 - 11/20/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nymphenthogenic said:
It's probably cuz its to cold. That is EXACTLY what happened to mine. They got droopy and off color, so i kept a heater in my room while the plants were in the closet and they sprang right up. But it was the fall/winter and my room doesn't stay so warm due to crappyness of my house, so they eventually died.

Thats not what killed your plants nymph. :rolleyes:

Well, if your room is in the mid 50's, that may have some effect, but the light should have provided enough heat. You did something way wrong.

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9285704 - 11/21/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:werd:

My temps range from 70-80 all day. There is usually about a 10 degree drop at night. The temp is usually pretty well maintained.

And what exactly, FROM YOUR experiences, does using "sweeteners" do for the plant? I have read different things.

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9287936 - 11/21/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

According to "The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Marijuana Bible" by J Cervantes it says that "said" sweeteners can add up to 20% increase in bud size/weight. I don't have the room to do controlled experiments, but given my yields with a 125 CFL, I'd say it definetly has an impact.

You could check out my set-up at growery.org. Same username, old thread (no pics though). Anyway, thats all about to change. It's a decent poor man's grow closet though.

EG

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9289519 - 11/22/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard of Molasses....
[url=http://http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/9289509/an/0/page/0]Molasses[/url]

Feed the soil, not the plants....

--------------------

Offlinechronic j
Stranger

#9290456 - 11/22/08 07:03 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if you want serious buds you must get serious nutrients. miracle grow and shultz are shit. get canna, foxfarm, biobizz, advanced nutrients...something DESIGNED FOR CANNABIS. and secondly..stop listening to most these people...they are wrong :smile:
do get your ph pen and tds/ec meters (ph should be 5.8 in soil and around 6.2 in hydro...
do sort out proper ventilation in your grow space,
do FLUSH with run off(approx. 10%) on all your waterings and feedings...and further more...if you want cannabis growing info, goto a cannabis growers community!

http://breedbay.co.uk

i am chronic j, look me up..ill get you sorted and having them ladies lookin good in no time!

and you better find me there if you have any questions..i just tend to come on here rarely

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: chronic j]
    #9290509 - 11/22/08 07:46 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:rules:

--------------------

Offlinechronic j
Stranger

#9290525 - 11/22/08 07:59 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

well i dont know what rules your referring to that im breaking. nor do i care. what i do care about is people giving away WRONG information...i would be pissed if i came here to learn how to grow and was pumped full of bullshit.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9290530 - 11/22/08 08:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Source discussion is NOT allowed.(ie seeds) In order to preserve both our sources and the Shroomery´s sponsors.

--------------------

Offlinechronic j
Stranger

#9290540 - 11/22/08 08:14 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

why don't you go ahead and explain for everyone here what source discussion is. i think you just want someone to pick on...

Offlinebrshroomer
Moss bear hunter
Male User Gallery

#9290624 - 11/22/08 09:01 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

be cool man, read the rules...you don't wanna start with the wrong foot here, specially if you have good info that you could share, that would be really bad for all of us.

you can't talk about mj seed sources nor non-sponsor products. that includes links..

--------------------

trade list & wanted list

pinning triggers

Offlinechronic j
Stranger

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: brshroomer]
    #9290658 - 11/22/08 09:12 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i did a search on 'source discussion' and ill be damned if found a definition. breedbay its self does not sell seeds anyhow...AND it was referenced ONLY as a place to get legit info on GROWING.

not tryin to break any rules here. just get aggrivated when i see people like brainiac giving out wrong info and misguiding people...further more...instead of wasting my time with this argument, a simple to the point description of what i did wrong would have sufficed. brainiac is the one who mentioned seeds...not i...and if this place is about controlling information and limiting it so as to gain more support fromt here sponsors...well i just dont want to be a part of this then... take care all, apologizes for any trouble i caused!

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9291175 - 11/22/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

In the USA, we don't have stuff DESIGNED FOR CANNABIS as that would be illegal... Just about all plants play by the same rules....

BTW, I never said your info was wrong....

--------------------

Edited by Brainiac (11/22/08 12:10 PM)

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9300329 - 11/23/08 09:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chronic j said:
if you want serious buds you must get serious nutrients. miracle grow and shultz are shit. get canna, foxfarm, biobizz, advanced nutrients...something DESIGNED FOR CANNABIS. and secondly..stop listening to most these people...they are wrong :smile:
do get your ph pen and tds/ec meters (ph should be 5.8 in soil and around 6.2 in hydro...
do sort out proper ventilation in your grow space,
do FLUSH with run off(approx. 10%) on all your waterings and feedings...and further more...if you want cannabis growing info, goto a cannabis growers community!

http://breedbay.co.uk

i am chronic j, look me up..ill get you sorted and having them ladies lookin good in no time!

and you better find me there if you have any questions..i just tend to come on here rarely

Hey dumbass, fuck off. I don't give bad ratings normally, but you managed to piss me off with your "serious" nutrients and so on. Nor have you clarified on your definition of "serious". Its personal grow. Most of us do it as cheap yet affective as possible. So go to that other site and leave us alone.

And why do we need to do flushes at every watering? Yeah......:spank:

EG

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#9300400 - 11/23/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

what a moron!

biobizz nutrients are :awesome: though, that's what i used for years :yesnod:

--------------------
View My Gallery

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Re: What's wrong with these ladies? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9300430 - 11/23/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I hear earth worm casting tea is a good AP plant food..

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9300486 - 11/23/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yes he is :lol:. I like the 5.8 pH part :rolleyes:.

And sure uare, I agree. There are lots of good nutes out there. No doubt, but ppl normally don't start out with "top-shelf" nutes. And by top-shelf, I mean more expensive. Not "serious".....

There is too much misinformation from characters like this chronic j guy. I always try to put myself back in those times when I was like "growing weed is hard". Its really easy. Most noobs start reading the advanced stuff first thing. Thats not practical IMO.

EG

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#9300602 - 11/23/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

start off simple and keep it simple was always my motto :yesnod:

the first grow i ever did was using the bio bizz stuff in soil and i never changed a thing because i got instant results, we all have our own preferences and ways of doing things so it's just a matter of finding out what works for you or i and stick with it :thumbup:

i was pretty lucky though, i had the guidance of a very experienced grower when i set out and he helped me fine tune things after i had sorted the basics out.

--------------------
View My Gallery

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9300631 - 11/23/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Did you just stack all those up to take a pic :lol:. I do that shit too :lol:. Sure though, do what works. I agree 100%.

EG

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

#9300654 - 11/23/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Did you just stack all those up to take a pic

yes :blush:

--------------------
View My Gallery

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9301115 - 11/23/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Dude. That is a ridiculously awesome collection.

--------------------

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9360227 - 12/03/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

OK mofos. It's nearing the end of the flowering cycle. The first image is of a trainwreck, that looks just like that; awful. The leaves are getting these brown edges that indicate heat stress, but the plants main cola is fucking pathetic, as is the rest of the plant, and the leaves are fading to yellow. I guesstimate about an ounce dry...

Now the 2nd and 3rd pics come from 2 seperate afgooey plants. One looks almost like heat damage, but I have it rather far away from the light... since it's leaning pretty heavy due to the weight of the bud. :evil: The other pic looks like P deficiency.

Still, my other plants are fucking puny as hell too, with purple undersides. I feel that that is due to under P'ing. Although, they have filled out quite a bit since I first flushed them a couple weeks ago. They probably packed on a few dried grams worth in the past couple weeks. Anyway, again, I ask for your guys' help. Specifically ethno, since he's hella badass, or just knows wtf he's talking about. Also, they look droopy cuz my jackass roomate whos doing these hasn't been here so he leaves me with them, thus they haven't been watered. The first one I am stressing since it will be ready at the end of the week. But watered it cuz it looked so pathetic.

Thanks peeps.

:naughty:

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9360452 - 12/03/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If the first plant is going to be ready in a week, flush it, and it shouldn't need any more water after that. It water under the bridge at this point.

I don't think heat has anything to do with the edges of those leaves. Heat burns buds first....normally. I think it looks like a zinc (Zn) issue. Flush it and water with full strength all purpose fert and your Tiger Bloom at full strength. Those should both contain zinc. Zn can be toxic, so don't go crushing up zinc supplements or anything crazy. It may be too little too late with them as well. If you hadn't had the initial problems, I seriously doubt you would have these issues so late in the game.

Its really hard for me to give you a sure prognosis, due to the pryor issues. If it was hydro, some major adjustments could be made, but I'm a soil guy also.

I was thinking%

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9360453 - 12/03/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If the first plant is going to be ready in a week, flush it, and it shouldn't need any more water after that. It water under the bridge at this point.

I don't think heat has anything to do with the edges of those leaves. Heat burns buds first....normally. I think it looks like a zinc (Zn) issue. Flush it and water with full strength all purpose fert and your Tiger Bloom at full strength. Those should both contain zinc. Zn can be toxic, so don't go crushing up zinc supplements or anything crazy. It may be too little too late with them as well. If you hadn't had the initial problems, I seriously doubt you would have these issues so late in the game.

Its really hard for me to give you a sure prognosis, due to the pryor issues. If it was hydro, some major adjustments could be made, but I'm a soil guy also.

I was thinking, how do the younger leaves look? It may be Mg deficiency, but I don't think so....

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9360496 - 12/03/08 06:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Younger leaves for the first pic look about 98% fine. Nice green color. A little small due to N deficiency in the beginning. But, some of these plants are only going to yield 1/2-3/4. I haven't had such a shitty yield since my first grow... I think it was all under fert issues. And up until a couple weeks ago I was giving them all half strength shultz AND full strength tiger bloom. These little fuckers suck up nites like none other. But on the smaller ones, there are still no noticeable roots sticking through, so I don't feel it's root bound. Plus, it takes about 5 seconds or so for the water to run out the bottom. Not so with my larger plants. (yes I am calling them mine since I am the one who has "done everything"). I have general xp with plants, and have been complimented by other gardners for my knowledge. But I am currently having major issues with all my plants. Maybe because I am so busy all the time.

Anyway ethno, you're a rad guy and I would rate you again if possible. Thanks.

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9360628 - 12/03/08 06:32 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmm. Well now I'm thinking its a combo of issues that all lead back to that super wet soil. Mg being an important factor.

Whenever plants are saturated in water the imediate threat is root rot, fungi, etc. But really wet soil hinders the MJ from uptaking nutes like Mg. Also the amount of stress from the flushes and adjustments and so on. Really, this has been a neat grow for me to watch. Keep us posted.

And yep, I decided not to check on various ethno plants I had for a couple of days. Fucking spidermites everywhere. Neglect is very bad for all "domesticated" plants.

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9360789 - 12/03/08 06:58 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

True that. I FUCKING HATE spider mites. IDK. I don't water but 2-3 times a week. They are in gallon pots too. IDK. I used to know what i was doing. I guess it'll just take time. Thanks for the help anyway. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9360920 - 12/03/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man, I'm going to say a lot of my success is just good luck. I guess I have the variables under control. But you know what? I apparently suck at growing shrooms. I did so well at first, I took a 3 month break and :thumbdown:. IDK. I'm moving on to bags. Pre sterillized and ready to go. The RR vid is helpful for me. I never expected roadkill to be so sexy :lol:. I love how he keeps looking over at that flame. Its fucking funny when you are high as I am now. :lol:

How about this, you move next door and grow the shrooms, I'll grow the pot, and we will put a keg on ice :awebig:

EG

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#9360958 - 12/03/08 07:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

OMG! Dude. Where do you live?! JK. I can do pretty decent on mushrooms. I pulled a smidge over 2 o's off of a tray that is 12x8x3.5. Ok. That's a lot. I am able to sell ounces at a time and I am very small, as far as volume goes. Although, people halfway acros my state get my mushrooms. They paid 200/ounce. LOL. Jackasses.

--------------------

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

#9361140 - 12/03/08 07:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

NICE :awesome:

EG

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck