Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Innoulating an ENTIRE FIELD?! [Re: Thunderfuck]
    #90311 - 11/02/99 05:39 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I think i might be in luck for some outdoor growing. I have a tree stump in my backyard and its getting all black and stuff and it already has another type of mushroom already on it (not pyschoactive though *sigh*). Im thinking of spraying it down in the spring.
I was wondering if i should modify the stump at all . Im thinking of drilling a bunch of real thin holes in it and dropping a rye-whatever mix in them , i guess i could sprinkle some stuff off my compost heap on there somewhere.
Please , please , please help me with some of the details with this, cause I think it will end up being fantastic.

------------------
Sidehacking is one big bash,
The favorite sport of cheap white trash.
When you're on your side make sure 'ya dont slip,
You'll end with five metal pins in your hip.
^_^;;;

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #90314 - 11/05/99 01:53 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Why not try it with cyanensis.....they devinetly grow on wood and maybe case the stomp and at sawdust, perlite, wood chips etc...

--------------------
i'm back

Anonymous

#90315 - 11/07/99 05:44 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

If you fed the cows gel caps full of spores that you collected from mushrooms that grew all winter, you could innoculate a lot of shit.

Anonymous

#90317 - 01/24/00 10:49 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Check it out...It makes perfect sence to inoculate your yard, or farm if you are lucky enough...when you till the land and add cow dung you are setting the land up. Then when spores are introduced they can take hold. Now with the contams you have to think about it. When you walk around your yard do you see huge patches of bacteria there? Hell no (If you do you should call someone about it...) So nature keeps that in check. If you successfully did that to an entire acre of land then the spores would travel around that area and take root for next time. Its a really good idea, someone should try it around spring...

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#90316 - 01/25/00 10:34 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I work in a veterinary diagnostic laboratory and I can definitely tell you that fungal spores survive the journey down the ruminant [cow/horse] poop shoot. We streak out fecal samples from herds looking for bacteria like Salmonella and very often we have to start over because of the mold fungi that overgrow the petri plate. Spore coats are very similar between mold fungi [our contaminant friends] and the perfect fungi [our REAL friends].
I don't know about the theory of colonization coming primarily from consumed spores. Very feasable, but I would wager that both methods [by air and by ass] can contribute.

InvisibleLuciferX
ape

#90318 - 01/27/00 11:01 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Although i have mentioned this before, i thought i would share some info again. The human stomach is far to acidic to allow shrom spores to survive. Cows and horses are straw/hay/grass fed animals, therefore, the contents of thier shit are already perfect for shroom growth.. unless one were to eat nothing but antacids and straw for a week, im guessing the probability of your success to be about zero.
I think the idea of spraying the cow/horses food with spores is an excellent one.

------------------
-LuciferX-
"Religion is the opiate of the people" Karl Marx.
Go to this site, I am poor.
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=BFR536

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #90319 - 01/29/00 04:37 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

If you succeed ,I'll give you 10000000 $ that
I don't have

Offlineatlas
always listening
Male
    #90320 - 01/29/00 05:33 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

hmmmm I have 72 acres, a few dozen heads, and 10 acres are fertilized. This is getting very interesting. Do you think spores could handle the acid from a grape fruit, cattle will eat these as soon as they hit the ground.
Most of these thoughts have a good sense of worth. I am trying all sorts of ideas out there right now but I want to thank you for the info that cow shit already has the spores in it. :smile:

--------------------
"....there are no restraints on the Federal Reserve, the Fed is master of all it controls."
-Murray N. Rothbard

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds