Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineeuphoria2123
Stranger
Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??!
    #902544 - 09/23/02 09:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hey folks, this may not be the most interesting of posts but I was wondering what yall say when someone (god forbid its a cop) asks what the hell you're doin on their property when you're out foraging? Weilii grows in populated areas, it's just a matter of time before someone asks what you're doin wanderin through the neighborhood. As for other species (other than cubes) I don't have experience. Do yall have cover stories when you forage???

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??! [Re: euphoria2123]
    #902663 - 09/23/02 09:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Loc: Mid Atlantic, U.S.
Re: Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??! [Re: ]
    #902705 - 09/23/02 10:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Mr. mushrooms,

Great advice. What should one ask of his neighbor? To look for edible mushrooms? Or would that draw too much suspicion? Good edibles are just fine with me, but paranoid people make me paranoid!

I have a neighbor who has a cow pasture and would love to trek around but I don?t know him that well. I have met him and I know he is a dentist in town, and his cattle actually once came traipsing through my land. No biggie here (except a few flowers got stomped and munched and we got a small scare!) but man, I would love to take a walk over there!

I don?t want to draw LEO in on me for peaceful prosecution though. I'm just a newbie, no intention to do any illegal stuff, so I don?t need that shit!

Peace

--------------------
Only man's arrogance could deem a mushroom illegal.

Anonymous

Re: Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??! [Re: ledfethered]
    #902732 - 09/23/02 10:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineNewHunter
help
Loc: Washington
    #903015 - 09/23/02 11:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well i dont know much about the habitat for weilii but it sounds similar to stuntzii. I always go walking through this housing development in my town when it is in a period where it is rain more then one day the people see me walk in there almost everyday(i think they might think i live there) but i have had many peopel stop and ask me what i am do or say are you picking mushrooms? I just tell them yes i was looking at the mushrooms and they never do anything but drive away. And if they say they are calling the cops on you, just eat all the evidence before the cops can get tehre or RUN LIKE HELL

--------------------
RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN^^^RAIN

Offlineeuphoria2123
Stranger
Re: Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??! [Re: NewHunter]
    #903221 - 09/24/02 01:05 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

There is a big diference between a "housing developement" and suburban georgia neighborhood. Housing devs hav crack ho's and drugs and gambling. Suburban neighborhoods have lots of money and alot of women that look out during the day at the yard. Just go to a cali or ga ( ATL is turning int "little LA") to see the big mess.

Offlineeuphoria2123
Stranger
    #903336 - 09/24/02 01:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The point is that if you are gonna go checking areas for ANY mushroom you should be prepared for the worst. I know that in the pacific nw they (the powers that be) have alot of mushrooms that are already ID'd.  Georgia has atlanta sittin in the middle of it so just about every neglected shroom will soon be identified. To the users and the cops. I have been in a situation where I had lots of mushrooms in my bag and didn't know if any where "hallucinogenic" (actually I did). But , I am into learning about mushrooms so I had several species that I had marked out already (reguarding habitat, etc.). The cops came while I collected Weilii last year, because (i collected about 3.5 ounces (dry)) someone in the neighborhood didn't know what I was dooin. THE COPS WALKED UP TO ME AND ASKED ME WHAT I WAS DOING AND I TOLD THEM THAT I WAS PICKING MUSHROOMS. I ALREADY HAD PICKED SEVERAL DIFERENT SPECIES BEFORE PIKIN AN ACTIVE SPECIES. I READILY OPENED MY BAG AND SHOWED THEM THE MANY DIFFERENT SPECIES I HAD IN MY BAG.  They didn't have the first clue as to what to do with me. I was doing nothing wrong.  As anyone who walks through a neighborhood should be doing. One of the things the cops asked is if I was collecting any "of them 'funny"" mushrooms (I had a bag full of weilii) and I said no sir. Be prepared.  :smirk: 

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #904005 - 09/24/02 09:11 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I live in florida, and i can't remember anyone ever asking me what i was doing looking in the grass.
If they did ask, i suppose i would say that i saw some strange bugs in there, or mumble something that they can't understand while walking away talking to myself - or just give them the old screwface  :mad: :mad: :mad: hehehe

"You gotta problem????"  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
"Huh????"  :mad: :mad: 

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #904053 - 09/24/02 09:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Say you lost a ring or something...

Offlineledfethered
Student ofShroomery
Loc: Mid Atlantic, U.S.
    #905274 - 09/24/02 07:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

>>>>>>>>Hopefully you're clean cut.

"Hi, my name is John Smith. I'm a student of mycology looking for various specimens of fungus with anti-viral and possibly anti-tumor properties. Recent research has shown that certain fungi may hold the cure for cancer. My aunt died of cancer and it has become my life's mission to helpl find a cure. May I look in your, pick one, yard, pasture, etc."

I ran across an old letter of mine where I asked a company not to mow their yard in a certain area to make sure the mushrooms weren't mowed. I'll have to post it sometime. It's really funny!

Cheers,

Plato (aka MrMushrooms)<<<<<<<<<

Thanks MrMushrooms,

I am clean-cut, regular hair length, light goatee. I was thinking about taking the edible mushroom route since I am actually very interested in gourmet wild mushrooms. This guy is a neighbor and I don?t want to have to be in a conversation and have to back up too big of a lie down the road. Your point is well taken and I thank you very much.

I would love to see that letter too!

I like the multiple specimen idea that euphoria2123 has too. That was so obvious! There?s no way they can suggest for sure (without gleaning posts off of here or something of course) that you are looking for psylocibes if you have a mixture in your collection. Even if they do, it?s a good defense in front of a decent judge (oxymoron?). My interest IS in edibles but if I find psylocibes too, I just may take an adventure. Who knows?

Hmmmmmmm (tapping head with finger)

Peace

--------------------
Only man's arrogance could deem a mushroom illegal.

Edited by ledfethered (09/24/02 07:26 PM)

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??! [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #906779 - 09/25/02 09:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"If they did ask, i suppose i would say that i saw some strange bugs in there, or mumble something that they can't understand while walking away talking to myself - or just give them the old screwface hehehe"

Briliant!!!!!

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#907119 - 09/25/02 01:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i say yo yo yo i smoke weed and do shrooms can I look in your yard for some muh-fawkin shrooms that make you hallucinate, have visions, etc, they are like drugs, you know ? :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineJudas
taxidermist

Loc: Iowa
    #907305 - 09/25/02 03:12 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

just wear really short shorts when you go out long tube socks and tight striped t shirt and if some one asks you any questions give them a puzzled look scratch your head and ask HAVE YOU SEEN MY BASEBALL?? They will leave you alone

--------------------
"Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not".
Phlogiston Verdigris

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: Hey man what the hell are you doin in my yard!??! [Re: Glacius]
    #907415 - 09/25/02 03:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you tell people that you are looking for termites they will encourage you to keep looking. Hell I don't even know if they live in the ground but apperently nobody else does either. Termites cost people money that they don't want to pay.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification