Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebackintheriver
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow succeses! Thanks all! [Re: psilopsybe]
    #9023177 - 10/03/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

what kind of fc are you using? is that a fish tank?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilopsybe
dehydrated
 User Gallery

Loc: The Grid
Re: First grow succeses! Thanks all! [Re: backintheriver]
    #9024419 - 10/03/08 04:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pick some of those bad boys.

They're actually dry already! SWEEEEEEET!

Quote:

What kind of camera do you have?

The camera is a Canon XTi (400d). I use it for astrophotography so this is just the stock lens. I'm not a photographer, but I like to stop it down by 1/3 or 2/3. I find it keeps the highlights from getting over exposed. You can always pull more info from the darkness in PhotoShop. Adding a little saturation doesn't hurt either. Makes the light really blue and the caps really golden.

Quote:

what kind of fc are you using? is that a fish tank?

The FC is just a tub from Ikea. Similar to shotgun style, I have holes on 5 sides (except top, due to climbing cat), and they're only about 1/8" or so. I also have a small 4" fan blowing from outside the tub, through it, long ways. It keeps the mildew down and helps evaporation to keep that RH up. Light and Fan on 12/12. I hand mist every morning and night just to show I care :wink:

One thing to note for anyone interested (mostly noobs like me):

I had originally placed the cakes on foil, just like some here suggest. About a week after birth, I noticed grey myc on the cakes (cobweb) and I took appropriate action. As I lifted and treated each cake, I noticed that the cobweb was mostly rampant on the bottom of the cakes and since I read here that cobweb is mildew, and mildew sets in where stagnant air lies, I decided to lift the cakes.

You can see my screen platform in the first photo. The cakes are held 1-1.5" off the surface, and it's completely rid me of cobweb (thus far). The only problem is that a couple of fruits made their way under the screen (first picture, far left cake) due to the light reflecting off the perlite. DOH!

Oh well, better mushies than mildew!

They just had their second birthday this morning so we'll see what flush #2 brings me. Looks like just about 12g dry so far.

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow succeses! Thanks all! [Re: HippieChick]
    #9024459 - 10/03/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You've just grown up so fast....

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom