Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLyadinDima Happy Birthday!
Thinker
Male

Loc: Utah
Friend blacked out after smokin some dank...
    #9010035 - 09/30/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

So last night we got ahold of some "northern lights" for 30 a half 8, which is normal for really dank shit around here, so we decided to try some.

After smoking a fair sized bowl between about 5 people from a bubbler, my buddy (who was standing behind me at the time) just blacked out and fell over like a board, thing is, his eyes were still open.

He tells me everything just went white and he was in a forest. To my guess, he was unconcious at this point, but awoke when he hit the floor, then spent the night having seizure like fits. We have been smoking pretty heavy for a while, and gotten way better than this, and smoked more, so I don't know how this happened, or what it even was. We slowed down alot after we started to get mad anxiety from it, so our tolerance isn't as high, but everyone else that smoked it was fine.

He did take 2 bart simpson pills approx. 48 hours prior to this, which are an MDMA alternative + amphetamine so I assumed the mental fatigue coupled with things like detox, depression, lack of sleep, and possibly (if he was reeeeeally stoned) lack of air might have blacked him out for an instant.

Any thoughts on what may have caused this, what it was, or if it might have hurt him in some way?

I was so bummed out it felt like I was living a nightmare. I get that way with alot of sensitive things when I'm really stoned, but I worry about my friends ya know? :smile:

Also, any way you can tell if its laced?

Thanks in advance;
Dima.

--------------------
Some people ask what the purpose of life is... It's a very simple answer. The purpose of life is to live.

Edited by LyadinDima (09/30/08 07:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Friend blacked out after smokin some dank... [Re: LyadinDima]
    #9010490 - 09/30/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've blacked out and had a convulsive syncope after two hours of hookah smoking, combined with being drunk + high.  It's caused by low blood pressure, and not enough salt or potassium in your diet.

Make sure he stays hydrated and doesn't get up too suddenly from a sitting or lying position, and he should be able to avoid having these in the future.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Edited by deCypher (10/01/08 08:35 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Friend blacked out after smokin some dank... [Re: deCypher]
    #9011844 - 10/01/08 02:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Make sure he stays dehydrated

You mean hydrated?

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinehoodbran
Dosser
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phloston Paradise
    #9011851 - 10/01/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a "Whitey" - funnily enough my brother had a trip coming back to him yesterday morning after smoking some high grade (we tripped the night before, only 1.2gms each) - he ended up getting dizzy as hell then puking, ringside at the loo.. he said it came on so fast he thought he was gonna die.. he too had a convulsive syncope for a few seconds, i call it the funky chicken HEHE - that's when you know your weed is the shit IMHO - MDMA, Weed, MINDSET all contribute to an overload and produce a whitey.

--------------------
Not all drugs are good, Some are great.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Friend blacked out after smokin some dank... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #9012678 - 10/01/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
You mean hydrated?

Heh, thanks for the correction.

And a whitey, or white-out as we call it around here, is probably not the same thing unless your friend was indeed convulsing on the floor and had urinary incontinence.  After taken a massive gravity bong rip, my entire vision has turned white for a solid couple of minutes--but this is rather different from a convulsive syncope, where I got that feeling that I usually get whenever I stand up too fast (light-headed, my vision started to go black), and then the next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor after apparently uncontrollably convulsing for thirty seconds.

I didn't lose consciousness at all during the white-out; but I definitely did during the syncope.  The former is probably not hazardous, but the second definitely involves seizure-like activity which can provoke brain damage.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
    #9023758 - 10/03/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

My friends and I were at a concert and a buddy went to smoke a J with some of his friends outside. He came back in, he was shooting the shit with people, looking at the wares in front of the entrance when he out of nowhere fell straight backwards and smacked his head on the tile floor. Took people a while to get him to come around and I don't even think he can explain what happened.

--------------------

Edited by WScott (10/03/08 01:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order