Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Sarah Palin is an amazing politician [Re: Phred]
    #9028537 - 10/04/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

It was a complete travesty that neither Gibson nor Couric explored her remarkable - astounding, actually - accomplishments so far

It was remarkable how Palin was unable to answer simple, direct questions.

Quote:

Here's a woman with an unassailable, lengthy and proven track record rooting out corruption

And witches, too!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: Sarah Palin is an amazing politician [Re: Seuss]
    #9028563 - 10/04/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

> Reality: Sarah Palin is a fascist fucktwat

Using the same logic: Obama is a homosexual Allah worshiping cuntdrip.

Apparently you missed the "just like Barrack Obama" part that came right after that.;)

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Sarah Palin is an amazing politician [Re: Redstorm]
    #9028603 - 10/04/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

He never said he wanted Obama to win.

and

Quote:

I wonder why he's ripping on Palin in this thread.

Because he would prefer to see Obama/Biden in the White House than McCain/Palin, duh.

Again, this is a binary choice. I am flabbergasted why you guys seem unable to grasp this simple fact. When asked "What would make you less depressed to wake up to on January 21, 2009: the realization that Barack H. Obama is now the president of the most powerful country on the planet, or that John McCain is?" you don't get to say "Ron Paul!" Your choices are limited to Obama or McCain.

Of course you can try to evade reality and sigh, "The two are equally awful," which as a true Libertarian you cannot truthfully say, since Obama is so obviously opposed to more Libertarian tenets than McCain that no Libertarian could fail to have noticed this by now.

Quote:

Make a thread supporting those two and I guarantee you will see a scathing rebuttal from him there.

You can guarantee this, can you? There have been no shortage of threads in this forum supporting Obama. Could you please point me to one containing a scathing rebuttal from Ancalagon?

Quote:

Neither of these parties' candidates are the slightest bit acceptable.

Name a candidate for the presidency you find acceptable, then explain to us what we must do to ensure his election a month from now.

Quote:

Maybe ten years ago the Republicans would have been a lesser evil due to their small government beliefs.

Remind me again which party Ron Paul belongs to.

Quote:

Now they are small government in rhetoric only. There literally is a negligible different between the two parties at this point in regards to the nature of governance.

Remind the audience which party Ron Paul belongs to.

Quote:

Of course, then we have to deal with the social issues, which Republicans fail pretty much any litmus test one can think of.

On which social issues do you and Ron Paul disagree?

Quote:

"There can be no compromise on basic principles. There can be no compromise on moral issues. There can be no compromise on matters of knowledge, of truth, of rational conviction."

Ayn Rand also said repeatedly not to let the perfect stand in the way of the good. Of course one must make a never-ending series of choices based on one's principles. But Ayn Rand had the intelligence to recognize that often the choice is not between an option which perfectly matches one's ideals and one which opposes them, but almost always between an option which more closely approaches one's ideals and one which less closely approaches them. For a Libertarian, the choice in this presidential campaign is clear. McCain/Palin more closely approaches the Libertarian ideal than does Obama/Biden.

Note I don't say McCain/Palin achieves the ideal, or even does better than some other combinations I would have liked to see offered as a choice opposing Obama/Biden. Obviously a Thompson/Palin ticket (or a Romney/Hunter ticket) would have been far closer to the ideal. But guess what, folks? We don't have that ticket. And we're not gonna get it. At least, not before this November 4, we're not.

Quote:

There is no picking a lesser evil is both are willing to violate your autonomy.

You believe it is better to passively accept the possibility of greatly reduced liberty rather than expend some effort to end up with minimally reduced liberty. So does Ancalagon. I understand that this is your position. I merely point out that this is not - despite your insistence to the contrary - a morally superior stance. You have a chance to help save your country from Obama and you decline to step up to the challenge. Fair enough. Your decision.

Hey... you want to vote Libertarian for congressional positions, local mayors and sheriffs, district attorneys, judges, city councilmen, county commissioners, go for it! Your vote could result in one of them getting elected. But don't try to pretend a Libertarian champion has even the slightest chance of winning the White House a month from now. It ain't gonna happen.

By the way, could you point out to me anywhere in this thread - or in this forum, for that matter - a post wherein I urged anyone to vote for McCain/Palin? All I have done is told people I have changed my evaluation of Sarah Palin as presidential material, explained why I have changed my evaluation, and directed the readers to the two documents which led me to revise my evaluation. Hey, it may be that someone might guide me to some new information about Obama which will lead me to revise my evaluation of him as an extremely dangerous choice. Until then, though, I have to act on the information I possess.

This forum is filled with people who puff themselves up indignantly at the slightest suggestion they are anything other than open-minded, yet it is distressingly obvious few if any of the participants in this thread have read the articles all the way through to the end.

When Obama wins the Oval Office next month, may your chains sit lightly on you.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Sarah Palin is an amazing politician [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #9028613 - 10/04/08 01:34 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Swami writes:

Quote:

It was remarkable how Palin was unable to answer simple, direct questions.

Unwilling and unable are not synonyms, Swami. We've covered this extensively already. You're late to the party.

Phred

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9028649 - 10/04/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Unwilling and unable are not synonyms, Swami.

Unable fits just fine. She could not name one supreme court decision(besides Roe Vs, Wade) that she disagreed with. (Of course, she answered that question in a FOX NEWS post interview interview - AFTER she was prepped.)

Why the fuck would she be unwilling to share with us where she stands?

Ignorance or fear. Neither are executive qualities. :thumbdown:

I noticed you keep far away from the witches issue. Seems even you are not comfortable with wacky, primitive superstitious beliefs.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9028686 - 10/04/08 01:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Because he would prefer to see Obama/Biden in the White House than McCain/Palin, duh.

If it's so duh (I'll leave your prickish condescension out of the argument for now), then prove it. Show where either he or I said we would like Obama to win.

Quote:

Remind me again which party Ron Paul belongs to.

Quote:

Remind the audience which party Ron Paul belongs to.

Quote:

On which social issues do you and Ron Paul disagree?

Irrelevent. Paul isn't running for the Republican ticket. In fact, his beliefs are not even widely held by Republicans. Perhaps you can try to put those points into an intelligible format that actually make a point which I can then refute.

Also, you keep making the claim that an Obama presidency will lead to a much higher reduction in liberty than McCain. Support it.

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Sarah Palin is a blunt object [Re: Phred]
    #9028697 - 10/04/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Jack Cafferty has an excellent critique of a Palin interview from a couple , and even scolds Blitz0r, who tries to be apologetic. 

Is it unreasonable to ask for good (if not fair) oral communication in your authority figures?  A politician might have the most agreeable position in the world, it won't mean anything if it's messenger is too dumb to conceal their overtly coercive punchlines. 

It's as though she's pounding away with a hammer at screws.

--------------------

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Sarah Palin is a blunt object [Re: Minstrel]
    #9028720 - 10/04/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

some people love to make excuses for palin's ignorance, for some odd reason. :shrug:

we are all seriously screwed if she ever becomes president

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Sarah Palin is a blunt object [Re: piracetam]
    #9028746 - 10/04/08 02:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

But hey - she sure is chipper!

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Re: Sarah Palin is a blunt object [Re: piracetam]
    #9028765 - 10/04/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder how many books this Sarah Palin has authored. 

Surely someone as accomplished and principled as herself would have her own unique ideas and reflections worthy of publish.

EDIT:  A curious thing:  try doing a Google search of the phrase "books by sarah palin"

The search returns a slew of news links about some sort of book banning controversy.  I'd like to see what Michelle Malkin has to say, being the second hit on the list :rofl:.

An excerpt from the first hit, a Times article:  Full article here

"At some point in those fractious first days, Palin told the department heads they needed her permission to talk to reporters. "She put a gag order on those people, something that you'd expect to find in the big city, not here," says Naegele. "She flew in there like a big-city gal, which she's not. It was a strange time, and [the Frontiersman] came out very harshly against her."

Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." That woman, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor. "

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (10/04/08 02:16 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#9028784 - 10/04/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Swami, this has been gone over already in this forum. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9016052#Post9016052

Start there and read through to the end, paying particular attention to Ann Althouse's critique of her performance.

Quote:

I noticed you keep far away from the witches issue.

You're always late to the party, Swami. Asked and answered long ago. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8987620#Post8987620

Phred

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9028854 - 10/04/08 02:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

paying particular attention to Ann Althouse's critique of her performance.

Why would I need to read someone else's critique of her? Was I somehow unable to see Palin fumbling without the need of an 'interpreter'?

--------------------

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord
Loc: A Church
Re: Sarah Palin is a blunt object [Re: Minstrel]
    #9028857 - 10/04/08 02:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Minstrel said:
EDIT:  A curious thing:  try doing a Google search of the phrase "books by sarah palin"

SARAH PALIN: In Her Own Words - Recent Speeches, Interviews and Official Biography (includes Republican Convention Speech) by Sarah Palin (Kindle Edition - Aug 31, 2008) - Kindle Book

http://www.amazon.com/SARAH-PALIN-Interviews-Republican-Convention/dp/B001F0RUEI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223151699&sr=8-3

Terminatrix: The Sarah Palin Chronicles

http://www.amazon.com/Terminatrix-Editors-Wasilla-Iron-Gazette/dp/0061778729/ref=pd_bbs_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223151699&sr=8-6

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Re: Sarah Palin is a blunt object [Re: Chemy]
    #9028878 - 10/04/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Chemy.  Never thought of using Amazon; I never buy books that way.

Is that last one serious?  Is she a southpaw who happens to have an AK with the bolt-carrier/charging handle on the left?  Or is it just a p-shop with lack of concern for detail / mirror image?

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (10/04/08 02:32 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Sarah Palin is an amazing politician [Re: Redstorm]
    #9028948 - 10/04/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Show where either he or I said we would like Obama to win.

Show me where I have ever said either of you would like Obama to win. I haven't. I merely point out that by all evidence displayed in this thread, you would both prefer to see Obama/Biden win.

It's like opening up a birthday present from your dotty old Aunt. You'd like there to be a pair of Oakley sunglasses in that package, but there won't be -  it's going to be another pair of ugly socks, because for your past forty birthdays she has always sent you a pair of ugly socks. But you'd prefer those socks to be solid olive rather than a pink and green checkerboard pattern.

That's the point I'm trying to get across to the two of you, and it's mind-boggling how stubborn you both are in evading it - there will be no third option here. There are two and only two admittedly imperfect outcomes. Ron Paul ain't an option. The choice is Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin. Which would you prefer? Let me repeat that as slowly as I possibly can for you - which.... would... you... PREFER?

From the vehement denunciations of Palin in this thread, the inference is clear - y'all would prefer Obama/Biden. If that is not the case - if you prefer McCain/Palin - now's your chance to clear that up.

Quote:

Paul isn't running for the Republican ticket.

Not anymore, no. It did take him forever to finally give it up, though. Not till the convention did he finally throw in the towel. Come to think of it, I never did see his formal concession.

Quote:

In fact, his beliefs are not even widely held by Republicans.

And if you'd expended the effort to read the articles I urged you to, you'd know by now that Palin's aren't either. At least, not held by your typical Washington Republicans. Nor for that matter are a whole heck of a lot of McCain's beliefs, which is one reason he is not held in high esteem by the Republican base.

This is why I kept bringing up Ron Paul with Ancalagon. He seemed unaware that he was taking the ad hominem approach in his criticisms of Palin. He couldn't be bothered reading the articles I linked. No... to him (and obviously to you as well) all that matters is she is a member of the Republican party. Guess what.... so is Ron Paul. Neither of you has presented a single objection to anything Palin has accomplished as a politician. You (I am using the plural "you" here) have been quite generous in your condemnation of Bush and of Republicans, but completely silent on Palin. Oh... except Ancalagon is completely enraged by her one-time pro forma acknowledgment of McCain's stance on the bailout issue. For him that's the dealbreaker. For all any of us know, if elected perhaps the first thing Palin will do is pressure some Republican House Rep to introduce legislation modifying the bill, or adding a sunset expiration clause to it.

If either of you had read the articles I linked, you'd know by now that it wasn't a given she would even run as a Republican in the Alaska elections. She was seriously considering running as an Independent.

My point with the whole Ron Paul dealie, which seems to have whizzed straight over your heads, is that if you're going to tar Palin with the "eeeeeeevil Republican" brush, you have to tar Ron Paul as well. For people who object as often as y'all to the whole "labelling" meme -"Why do you always have to think in terms of  right and left, man? Why can't you just for once not pigeonhole people?" - y'all are pretty eager to stuff Palin into your preconceived caricatures. "She's a member of the same political party as Bush. Bad Sarah!"

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#9028961 - 10/04/08 02:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Why would I need to read someone else's critique of her?

Translation from Swamispeak to English:

Why should I consider plausible alternatives when my snap judgments on political matters have always been unerring and have never led to my embarrassment in the Political forum before?

Phred

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#9028995 - 10/04/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Once again hiding behind your modship to circumvent the rules. It gets very old.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9029034 - 10/04/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I merely point out that by all evidence displayed in this thread, you would both prefer to see Obama/Biden win.

Prove it without making unwarranted assumptions

Also, I will await an answer on this:

Quote:

Also, you keep making the claim that an Obama presidency will lead to a much higher reduction in liberty than McCain. Support it.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9029288 - 10/04/08 04:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phred translated:
Why should I consider plausible alternatives when my snap judgments on political matters have always been unerring and have never led to my embarrassment in the Political forum before?

Wow, my feelings exactly

--------------------

Discuss Politics

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#9029316 - 10/04/08 04:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

To which rules do you refer, Swami?

Phred

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale