Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Satanism. [Re: Kada]
    #9017687 - 10/02/08 10:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Just bear in mind that the few books we still have dealing with these sorts of Miltonian matters are inherently biased towards the one side.

He who wins, writes the history books.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Satanism. [Re: deCypher]
    #9017705 - 10/02/08 10:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

crowley wasn't a satanist.

people don't understand symbols and metaphors, making them (in a certain way) like fundamentalists. devil worship is self worship is acknowledgment of the potential of your earthly bodymind.

--------------------

Edited by Veritas (10/02/08 10:42 AM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Satanism. [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #9017732 - 10/02/08 10:39 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I still don't like the name though... why not just call yourself a hedonistic nihilist, or an individualist?  Devil worship sounds just as theistic as god worship.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #9017743 - 10/02/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

**Hedonihilist is the preferred term. :grin:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9017773 - 10/02/08 10:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
I still don't like the name though... why not just call yourself a hedonistic nihilist, or an individualist?  Devil worship sounds just as theistic as god worship.

because satan is a symbol which is the force identified with their view on personal growth.

--------------------

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: Satanism. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #9018244 - 10/02/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

awesomebastard said:
Does going to prison for something really make it wrong?

:bongload:

of course not. that wasn't my point.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Satanism. [Re: awesomebastard]
    #9018775 - 10/02/08 03:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

"In Latin, the word "Lucifer", meaning "Light-Bringer" (from lux, lucis, "light", and ferre, "to bear, bring"), is a name for the "Morning Star" (the planet Venus in its dawn appearances; cf. Romanian Luceafăr). The Latin Vulgate version of the Bible used this word twice to refer to the Morning Star: once in 2 Peter 1:19 to translate the Greek word "Φωσφόρος" (Phosphoros), which has exactly the same literal meaning of "Light-Bringer" that "Lucifer" has in Latin; and once in Isaiah 14:12 to translate "הילל" (Hêlēl), which also means "Morning Star". In the latter passage the title of "Morning Star" is given to the tyrannous Babylonian king, who the prophet says is destined to fall. This passage was later applied to the prince of the demons, and so the name "Lucifer" came to be used for Satan, and was popularized in works such as Dante's Inferno and Milton's Paradise Lost, but for English speakers the greatest influence has been its use in the King James Version for what more modern English versions translate as "Morning Star" or "Day Star". 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

A Gnostic symbol of crucified serpent where serpent symbolizes Wisdom, Sophia.

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."  - Matthew 10:16

The serpent in the Garden of Eden was "the shining one" or "light bearer," which some Gnostics interpreted as the Real symbol of Goodness in the myth. God, walking in the 'coolness of the morning' was the Demiurge (Plato's Demiurgos or 'Craftsman') who created the universe, not the 'God Above God' who is the Ultimate Reality. Clearly, given the reality of evil, something is very wrong with existence, according to most Gnostics. The serpent attempts to enlighten humanity, trapped as we are in the illusion that we are only embodied beings who live and die, not spiritual beings having a human experience. Lucifer is thus NOT equivalent to 'Satan' which means 'adversary' in Hebrew. Satan, in the Tenach (OT) is an angel who works for God, not the embodiment of evil.

Christian art, legend and ultimately, theology changed the meaning of Lucifer to Satan, and Satan to evil personified along with the Augustinian theology of Original Sin. There was no Original Sin for Jesus or for Jewish theology. And whereas Jesus himself was alleged to have said: "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Matthew 9:12-13), Original Sin claimed that there ARE no righteous, and that we are ALL depraved from birth. Gnostic theology is moderate to liberal compared to the rabid condemnations of literalist or Fundamentalist Christians. Jesus never condemned his fellow Jews to Hell for not regarding him as God! That would have been blasphemy even for Jesus, even though he was intimately aware of the Divine 'I AM' indwelling him. He apparently knew that God indwelt the rest of us as well, only WE don't have the Wisdom to Know it. The Wisdom doesn't need to 'come in' through wafers and wine, it is intrinsically at the bottom of human beinghood. With this perspective, ecclesiastical authority is not needed. This too is considered to be evil, (i.e., heresy, which means 'choice' btw), proclaimed BY the robots and minions of the ecclesiastical authorities.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinenonwo
truth seeker
Male

Loc: southern usa
Re: Satanism. [Re: eve69]
    #9018796 - 10/02/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

one could say that high end math is evil

--------------------
yellow red black and white cometogether as humans and fallow the path the creater intended

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
Re: Satanism. [Re: nonwo]
    #9019024 - 10/02/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

People don't like things they don't understand.

This doesn't seem too relevant to the current topic but some times I think the religious understanding of heaven and hell are the same place just those who are in hell are told they're in hell and those in heaven are told they're in heaven.  This is where the veil that 'god' has in front of believers eyes comes into play, when people meet from different 'places' they don't hear what is said, just what they're supposed to hear.  This all doesn't make sense to me though.

I chose atheist in the pole by the way, although lately I've been thinking I'm more of an agnostic.  When it comes to an understanding of physical existence I believe in science wholeheartedly, but as for a creational force (something that created the inanimate) I'm unsure.

When I get a place I'm going to print out the LaVeyan commandments with #7 scratched out, but still there.  and porcupine I think #11 is kind of like the bible, you can't take it literary, possibly just destroy their effect on you rather than destroy them from existence.  But I know very little about LaVeyan Satanism

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Satanism. [Re: nonwo]
    #9019291 - 10/02/08 05:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nonwo said:
one could say that high end math is evil

Do some Fourier transforms, they are trippy.
You'll like math again, even if it is evil.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinenonwo
truth seeker
Male

Loc: southern usa
Re: Satanism. [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #9022865 - 10/03/08 09:42 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

oo i like it , just seems that since math is ab. truth and anything can be put into math form and be truth that it is the apple in adam and steve

--------------------
yellow red black and white cometogether as humans and fallow the path the creater intended

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom