Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit
    #9020503 - 10/02/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Dang, that was fast. From http://ace.mu.nu/archives/274757.php --

Quote:

Biden's 14 Lies
—Ace

Fresh from the McCain people.

JOE BIDEN’S 14 LIES TONIGHT

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

How many more minutes till we see a similar list from the Obama camp?

Phred

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonkeywrench
Why Not?

Re: McCain camp gets in first licks [Re: Phred]
    #9020520 - 10/02/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

not long I assure you

--------------------
[quote]skalthren said:
It's nice of you to imply that I've been brainwashed by the government, but the truth is that I'm simply intelligent enough to recognize the subtleties of these issues instead of going "durr hurr, weed should totally be legal!"[/quote]

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #9020521 - 10/02/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wow that was pretty fast.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #9020605 - 10/02/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

#9 was called in the latter part of the debate, he dropped his head, conceded defeat at that instance

Offlinemonkeywrench
Why Not?

Re: McCain camp gets in first licks [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9020663 - 10/02/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
#9 was called in the latter part of the debate, he dropped his head, conceded defeat at that instance

Palin rolled up Biden and smoked him.  Whether I agree with her or not.

--------------------
[quote]skalthren said:
It's nice of you to imply that I've been brainwashed by the government, but the truth is that I'm simply intelligent enough to recognize the subtleties of these issues instead of going "durr hurr, weed should totally be legal!"[/quote]

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #9020668 - 10/02/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

He dropped his head quite a few times during the debate. Every time she mentioned how he had supported McCain on _____ or how he said it would be an honor to run with McCain his eyes would hit the podium. But I'm not going to take anything away from him, he did fairly well tonight. :smirk:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineGogol
Wait, what?
Male

#9020671 - 10/02/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

True.  I'm not sure why he had to mention Roe v. Wade either; of all the cases he could have brought up, he mentioned one of the most divisive cases in American history.  Not smart Biden.

Edited by Gogol (10/02/08 09:23 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#9020702 - 10/02/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Whoa. Biden is pretty brazen with his bullshit, isn't he. I'm astonished he tried to get away with no 2. Is he too senile to remember this moment?

Phred

--------------------

Offlinemonkeywrench
Why Not?

#9020733 - 10/02/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Whoa. Biden is pretty brazen with his bullshit, isn't he. I'm astonished he tried to get away with no 2. Is he too senile to remember this moment?

Phred

can you post the link for that vid please.  I want to send it to a friend of mine.  thanks

--------------------
[quote]skalthren said:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks [Re: monkeywrench]
    #9020740 - 10/02/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1dSPrb5w_k

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: McCain camp gets in first licks [Re: monkeywrench]
    #9020770 - 10/02/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know how to post just links. Whenever I cut and paste the link, the Shroomery software automatically makes it active.

Just double- click on the vid a coupla times and it should take you straight to the YouTube page that hosts the video.

Or look it up on YouTube using this exact phrase in the keyword search --

YouTube Debate: Would You Meet with Iran/Syria/North Korea?

Cut and paste that phrase into YouTube's search window exactly as I typed it and away you go.

Phred

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #9020804 - 10/02/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
he dropped his head, conceded defeat at that instance

and if you watched closely he also grabbed his balls. :smirk:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#9020847 - 10/02/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Dang. Biden really isn't big on actual... you know.... facts, is he?

From http://www.mererhetoric.com/archives/11274902.html

Quote:

What the hell?

Quote:

BIDEN: When we kicked -- along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, "Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't know -- if you don't, Hezbollah will control it." Now what's happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel.

No, seriously: what the hell? I have no idea what he's talking about. And even if I did: Obama thinks Syria is the solution to Hezbollah. Which means that Obama has been listening to his anti-Israel advisers a wee bit too much.

UPDATE: I also forgot to mention: (1) NATO has what mandate to go into Lebanon? (2) An international force has been a disaster for Israel. Other than all of this - great answer from the Dem's top foreign policy mind.

Phred

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #9020877 - 10/02/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Whoa. Biden is pretty brazen with his bullshit

watch his eyes when he speaks, you can see what level of honesty he's at

OfflineGogol
Wait, what?
Male

#9020884 - 10/02/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#9020897 - 10/02/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I don't know. I think that shifty-eyed peering up from under bowed head schtick might be genetic or something. He was doing it even during his closing comments - which was all I managed to actually see of the debate.

I found a transcript, though, so I can read all their answer. Not the same thing, I know, but best I can do.

Phred

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks [Re: Gogol]
    #9021130 - 10/02/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gogol said:
McCain giving up on Michigan:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/03/us/politics/03michigan.html?ref=us

OMG the Republicans are giving up on a state that the republicans have not won in decades!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though i think its too early to be giving up on Michigan.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (10/03/08 12:06 AM)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9021216 - 10/02/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

That's a deliberate misinterpretation of what he said.  He said that both Obama and McCain voted against funding troops when the bill included terms they strongly opposed.  This is true. McCain voted against it when it contained a timeline, Obama voted against it lacked provisions to work towards Iraq taking responsibility for their own domestic defense.

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
    #9021569 - 10/03/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Dang, that was fast. From http://ace.mu.nu/archives/274757.php --

Quote:

Biden's 14 Lies
—Ace

Fresh from the McCain people.

JOE BIDEN’S 14 LIES TONIGHT

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

How is this a lie? He has probably changed his position in accordance with Obama in order to work for a better deal, meet half way with republicans.

Um yup that's a lie on Mcsames part.
http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/articleid/9559

He has voted against funding for troops and missed votes for them also.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

Biden says that was taken out of context, like mccain has said on a few thing in the past. I'm sure you can look at your transcript phred and see where biden explains his position on this from tonights debate.

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

Why didn't she rebutle this?

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

He called for regulation one time like what 2 years ago? Where was he before this when republicans had the senate? Before this he was Mr Deregulation man.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

Just because they shared the same vote to go into Iraq doesn't mean that mccain wasn't wrong, obviously Biden was wrong also though.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

Actually Obama pushed for 7 and he did actually get 4 so, this is a lie.
http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/2008/09/obama-and-the-bailout.php

Phred

I'm sure if I looked around longer I could drudge up more mis-conceptions.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#9022890 - 10/03/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Not only did Obama say he'd meet with Ahmadinejad at that Democratic debate, he's still saying it at his website - http://origin.barackobama.com/issues/foreign_policy/

Quote:

Diplomacy: Obama supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with Iran without preconditions. Now is the time to pressure Iran directly to change their troubling behavior. Obama and Biden would offer the Iranian regime a choice. If Iran abandons its nuclear program and support for terrorism, we will offer incentives like membership in the World Trade Organization, economic investments, and a move toward normal diplomatic relations. If Iran continues its troubling behavior, we will step up our economic pressure and political isolation. Seeking this kind of comprehensive settlement with Iran is our best way to make progress.

The media is praising Biden's "greater grasp of the issues" in last night's debates. Well yeah... if I got to make up my own "facts" on the issues without getting called on it by the fawning lapdogs of the MSM, I'd look pretty damn brilliant, wouldn't I?

But hey... Palin lied about a general's name.

Phred

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder