Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Help me find some new music (A rant)
    #9003800 - 09/29/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Alright I'm kind of annoyed right now. Like I've spent the last few months specificially paying attention the music in my surroundings. Like anytime a TV or a radio or cars in a parking lot or kids at a party I'm at I'm paying attention to the music surrounding me. And what frustrates me is so much of it is absolute garbage, like mind numbing generic garbage. The rap is stereotypical anti-intellectual filth that creeps the black communitiy's and the poors mind enslaved and so much of the rock is childish feminized whiny bullshit with uncreative sound. It's annoying to me because I'm trying to absorb around me the cool music to be able to expand my understanding of it and to find new music I like but it's just not happening.

The worst thing though is you'll catch like 20 seconds or 30 seconds of an absolutely sick beat or part of a song that'll absolutely fascinate or capitatve you and you'll want to hear more but it's always in a fucking commercial or something that you can't figure out the source of the music so you're fucked. This just happened to me last night while watching a hockey game online. While the screen was whited out because of time zone restrictions or whatever I could only get the audio for the commercial which was a sick song that was really creative and catchy but since I didn't get the video of what the commercial was on I have no idea how to track down the song. It's fucked that the commercials nowadays have the cool catchy songs and the mainstream has the shitty boring songs. For instance one of my new favorite bands that I just discovered is The Fall and I found them because of a car commercial. It really sucks that there is going to be a whole generation growing up on shitty music and ideals in the future. I'm probably sounding really old right now but I'm just disappointed with our culture.

Anyway, does anyone know of any cool new rock bands I should check out? I'm looking for more aggressive, heavy drums, screaming type bands but I'll listen to anything anyone here feels has merit.

Thank you

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSvampViking
Går med pumor
Male

Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #9003819 - 09/29/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Forget rock, go with Scandinavian metal.  Black, death, melodic death, epic and folk etc.

--------------------
The human experience is such that we are caught between being monkies and gods.  It is up to us to decide which direction to go in.

Everything is everything, and everything is becoming itself.

InvisibleDieCommie

#9003858 - 09/29/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Metal is a sub-genre of rock :grin:

Anyway, I grew tired of my style of music a few years ago (gangsta and classic rock).  So I explored different genres and wound up with a strong taste for Opera, Bluegrass and DnB.  Now most the music I listen to is Opera, Bluegrass and DnB (for now). :ohwell:

InvisibleSvampViking
Går med pumor
Male

Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: DieCommie]
    #9003878 - 09/29/08 05:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:

Anyway, I grew tired of my style of music a few years ago (gangsta and classic rock).  So I explored different genres and wound up with a strong taste for Opera, Bluegrass and DnB.  Now most the music I listen to is Opera, Bluegrass and DnB (for now). :ohwell:

Yeah I know, but when you compare it to the whiney bitching rock shit that's played in the US it's hard to remember.

I used to listen soley to metal, but I've widened my tastes.  I'm on an atmospheric/ambient streak right now.

--------------------
The human experience is such that we are caught between being monkies and gods.  It is up to us to decide which direction to go in.

Everything is everything, and everything is becoming itself.

OfflineHeadii Nugz
Detective
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: SvampViking]
    #9003909 - 09/29/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This maybe the wrong situation for this, but I personally find Bluegrass music as some of the most interesting music to listen to.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: Headii Nugz]
    #9003955 - 09/29/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Alright I've decided to devote my entire afternoon to smoking pot and looking at new bands and their videos. After about ten misses I stumbled on this video. Is it me or is this really bad ass? I went to the band's MySpace and didn't care for any of their other songs but this song and video strikes me as kick ass and almost what I'm looking for.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

InvisibleDieCommie

#9003963 - 09/29/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Before he started singing it sounded just like black sabbath.  BUt the singing turned me off.

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
    #9004061 - 09/29/08 06:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

How about try some JamRock bands...

Tea Leaf Green
Moe.
Phish
Gov't Mule

As for the whole rap thing, there is good hip-hop but it's mostly the older stuff that still had a message but you probably already know who those are.

I also seconded the Scandanavian/Norwegian idea for metal as well as punk style music.  Try Turbonegro, I always thought they were pretty sick for quote on quote punk, they also did the theme song for Wildboyz with Steve-O and Chris Pontius which you may have heard before...

I was in the same boat as you though just getting sick of hearing the same old shit all the time, I invested in Sirius Satellite radio a half a year ago though and have never looked back.  The vareity is pretty endless on that damn thing :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#9004089 - 09/29/08 06:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #9004429 - 09/29/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:

Bluegrass, blues, and classic rock here.

--------------------

OfflineZodiak
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #9004499 - 09/29/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've been getting into a LOT of post-rock lately

If you can deal with no vocals and orgasmic-like crescendos of pure rock, check these bands out

-Explosions in the Sky (ammmmazing live)
-This Will Destroy You
-God is an Astronaut
-Russian Circles
-Red Sparowes

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #9004512 - 09/29/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah,I  stopped listening to mainstream radio years ago, its pointless.  Now I just research music online and download what interests me.  The site I use mainly to find new music is Last.fm but there's other ones like purevolum and whatnot.

Heaven Shall Burn - black metal
27 - Indie
Unkle - electronica
Caliban - black metal
Modwheelmood - electronica
Brother Ali - hip-hop
Cloud Cult- indie
Massive Attack - trip-hop
Nujabes - hip-hop
Slightly Stoopid - reggae

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: Idiot]
    #9004544 - 09/29/08 07:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm gonna hafta go ahead and sugguest the new TV On The Radio album Dear Science because i just picked it up and havnt stopped listening since

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #9004800 - 09/29/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Man go submerge yourself in your local music scene, don't count on radios or TVs to bring you cool music... go to shows and meet music people.  There's always always loads of fantastic music being made and played.  Find one solid musically informed friend and you'll have years of great shit to explore.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #9004949 - 09/29/08 08:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Or, since you're on the internet, use it. Google your favorite band, and add "blog" at the end. Or, go to allmusic.com and look up a band you like, and browse the similar artists, and then, browse those similar artists, etc..

Or, just download "Take As Needed For Pain" by Eyehategod and be content.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #9005001 - 09/29/08 08:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

StrandedVoyager said:
Alright I'm kind of annoyed right now. Like I've spent the last few months specificially paying attention the music in my surroundings. Like anytime a TV or a radio or cars in a parking lot or kids at a party I'm at I'm paying attention to the music surrounding me. And what frustrates me is so much of it is absolute garbage, like mind numbing generic garbage. The rap is stereotypical anti-intellectual filth that creeps the black communitiy's and the poors mind enslaved and so much of the rock is childish feminized whiny bullshit with uncreative sound. It's annoying to me because I'm trying to absorb around me the cool music to be able to expand my understanding of it and to find new music I like but it's just not happening.

The worst thing though is you'll catch like 20 seconds or 30 seconds of an absolutely sick beat or part of a song that'll absolutely fascinate or capitatve you and you'll want to hear more but it's always in a fucking commercial or something that you can't figure out the source of the music so you're fucked. This just happened to me last night while watching a hockey game online. While the screen was whited out because of time zone restrictions or whatever I could only get the audio for the commercial which was a sick song that was really creative and catchy but since I didn't get the video of what the commercial was on I have no idea how to track down the song. It's fucked that the commercials nowadays have the cool catchy songs and the mainstream has the shitty boring songs. For instance one of my new favorite bands that I just discovered is The Fall and I found them because of a car commercial. It really sucks that there is going to be a whole generation growing up on shitty music and ideals in the future. I'm probably sounding really old right now but I'm just disappointed with our culture.

Anyway, does anyone know of any cool new rock bands I should check out? I'm looking for more aggressive, heavy drums, screaming type bands but I'll listen to anything anyone here feels has merit.

Thank you

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Help me find some new music (A rant) [Re: Syle]
    #9005075 - 09/29/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
    #9005109 - 09/29/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Electronica. A HUGE genre. Check out Phutureprimitive, Pitch Black (NZ), Bluetech (Sines and Singulaties album), Shulman, Entheogenic.

I also love metal. If you don't like heavy music, then chances are metal will not be for you. Groups I dig are, Despised Icon, Heaven Shall Burn, All Shall Perish, Nothingface, Job For A Cowboy, Silent Civilian is FUCKING awesome. Check em out at youtube or their myspace pages. They all have one. Gl on your search for good music. It's hard to find.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #9008814 - 09/30/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

first off u need to put spaces between your sentences, not endless paragraphs which i can barely read and pisses me off to no end
anyway, check out Annhilator, Vol beat, old journey, Boston, thin lizzy,Agalloch, Dark tranquility, Sentenced, Bloodbath

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale