Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiamsmooth
Stranger
I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it?
    #9001172 - 09/29/08 02:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So I've a approximately 36" x 24", 24" deep aquarium that's lying around at my parents' house collecting dust. I was wondering if there's anything productive I could do with it. The only thing I could think of is maybe a less-ghetto glove box, but it seems unnecessary since I have one that works fine. Any suggestions?

I'm still pretty new to the growing scene. Recently had my first PF tek grow successfully. Bought some rye berries, starting rye this week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehyperspore
Hyperspherical spore
Male

Loc: Desert
Re: I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it? [Re: iamsmooth]
    #9001185 - 09/29/08 02:51 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Gee, I dunno, maybe you could grow some mushrooms in it. :mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
Re: I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it? [Re: hyperspore]
    #9001192 - 09/29/08 02:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

aquariums suck. go with tupperware

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe comes from the Greek root "psilos" meaning bald head and Cubensis because it was first recognized as a new species from specimens collected in Cuba.

:mushroom2:CHIP:mushroom2:

Offlineiamsmooth
Stranger
Re: I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it? [Re: hyperspore]
    #9001196 - 09/29/08 02:57 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I mean anything I could do with it specifically, like tek wise. I've been using shotgun terrariums, and I find it works fine. Just maybe something else I could do with the aquarium besides making an FC, unless it trumps the shotgun of course :o

Offlineozzyozzyozzy
Australian
 User Gallery

#9001199 - 09/29/08 02:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hyperspore said:
Gee, I dunno, maybe you could grow some mushrooms in it. :mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

You fool! That's illegal!

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it? [Re: iamsmooth]
    #9001202 - 09/29/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

A Poor Man's Pod setup would work in a terrarium.

But tubs are better, I say get aggressive fish and watch them fight (hold bets and fix fights to get money)

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Invisiblehyperspore
Hyperspherical spore
Male

Loc: Desert
Re: I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it? [Re: ozzyozzyozzy]
    #9001208 - 09/29/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You fool! That's illegal!

Illegal mushrooms?  Which loony bin did you come from?

Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

#9001324 - 09/29/08 04:40 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You could get some nice fish, and watch them while you eat the fruits of your labor..  thats what I would do.

OfflineOutLaw Shroomer
Stumbling About the Pasture
 User Gallery

Re: I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it? [Re: phaseflux]
    #9001328 - 09/29/08 04:43 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

find a top, a aquarium pump and grow some cannabis dude!  just use perlite and lava rocks..... easy setup!  good luck!

Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: I have a spare aquarium lying around, what should I do with it? [Re: OutLaw Shroomer]
    #9001526 - 09/29/08 07:43 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

get a fish

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck