Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsilobuds

Loc: Flag
Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008
    #9001044 - 09/29/08 01:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

some people might appreciate this mix, so here it is..

Quality: CBRkbps 44,1khz

00:29 Metal Sharon - Balloon Dance (Dub Mix) [Unreleased]
06:16 UNKNOWN
10:00 Shpongle - Walking Backwards Through The Mirror Of Cosmos [Unreleased]
16:38 Shpongle - Behind Closed Eyelids
22:26 Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins Part 2 (Ott's 'It's Turtles All The Way Down' mix) [Simon Posford & The Disco Biscuits, Live Band]
27:10 Shpongle - I Am You [Unreleased]
37:00 Shpongle - Divine Moments Of Truth (Instrumental Remix)
------
49:22 TOTAL

http://rapidshare.com/files/149289342/Simon_Posford__Shpongle_DJ_Set__-_Live_At_Camp_Bisco_7-_2008.07.18_.rar.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: Psilobuds]
    #9001065 - 09/29/08 01:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

helll yes! great mix for people to listen to man, thanks for posting it! Download this folks! Ambient soundscapes that will take you on an unbelievable journey!

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Invisiblewisp

#9001072 - 09/29/08 01:49 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Nice mix mate, thanks for the post.:thumbup:

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
    #9004236 - 09/29/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Word. More Posford to ad to the already immense collection. THANKS!

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: misos]
    #9004944 - 09/29/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Something is weird with this file.  The sound is completely out of phase.  It brought tears to my eyes and not in a good way.  :smile:

Appreciate the link though. :thumbup:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinebinarygoth
Stranger

#9189130 - 11/05/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

oh! thanks! Do you have the Younger Brother set too?

--------------------
remain in a constant state of departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: binarygoth]
    #9189556 - 11/05/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks

Walking Backwards Through The Mirror Of Cosmos
I Am You

Sound good already, more shpongle please im really on them at the mo...

I got 

Nothing lasts
Tales of the inexpressible
Are you shpongled
Divine Moments (single)
Bootled (some album called bootleg)

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: Chronic7]
    #9189915 - 11/05/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

that didnt work, when i extracted the rar it said error :mad:

--------------------

Invisibledarkproggy
popularity king
Male

Loc: sin city USA
Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: Chronic7]
    #9191847 - 11/05/08 09:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

awesome set.  worked 4 me.

Offlinebtm1111
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Dallas, Tx
Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: darkproggy]
    #9191865 - 11/05/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the post, but.... whats with that avatar man? shit is creepin me out lol

Offlinefrisky_
don't panic.

Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: btm1111]
    #9192392 - 11/05/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for this! :hamsterdance:

--------------------
:piggy:your horse is too tall:piggy:
:piggie:and your brain is too small:piggie:

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#9200630 - 11/07/08 07:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks!

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: frisky_]
    #9410935 - 12/11/08 03:23 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Simon Posford now charges over 100,000 Euros plus accommodations for his live performances...

i am not against making a living off of music, but this guy is becoming the next 50cent if you ask me....

anyone charging that much to play his or her music is definitely not about spreading good vibes through good tunes.... he is about spending spending spending. he does not preach the psychedelic message that his music claims to hold. he did at one point, but he has become jaded and greedy like so many other individuals in the music industry. :frown:

maybe he needs to eat some sacred fungi... get back in touch with why he started making the music in the first place! :shineon:

--------------------
Abrahm

OfflineUnderTheOak
Grüße Von Der Orion
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Holland
Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: PookztA]
    #9411050 - 12/11/08 04:42 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PookztA said:
Simon Posford now charges over 100,000 Euros plus accommodations for his live performances...

i am not against making a living off of music, but this guy is becoming the next 50cent if you ask me....

anyone charging that much to play his or her music is definitely not about spreading good vibes through good tunes.... he is about spending spending spending. he does not preach the psychedelic message that his music claims to hold. he did at one point, but he has become jaded and greedy like so many other individuals in the music industry. :frown:

maybe he needs to eat some sacred fungi... get back in touch with why he started making the music in the first place! :shineon:

Ehm... Isn't that for the full band which comes along for live shows for Shpongle? I can't imagine him asking so much for a dj set.

Even if so it's still alot.

--------------------

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: UnderTheOak]
    #9411383 - 12/11/08 07:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

UnderTheOak said:
Quote:

PookztA said:

Ehm... Isn't that for the full band which comes along for live shows for Shpongle? I can't imagine him asking so much for a dj set.

Even if so it's still alot.

Exactly.

A live band, like the show he had on Halloween, had about 7 people playing live, plus dancers and singers.  And they've done this.....TWICE.

I find it outrageous to claim he wants 100,000 euros for a simple DJ set.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
    #9412039 - 12/11/08 10:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PookztA said:

i hope he doesn't charge that for just DJ sets where he mixes his own tracks with the synths he has.

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: smokeybear]
    #9412102 - 12/11/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

if anyone actually read my post it said 100,000 Euros for a live set. a LIVE set, meaning a LIVE PA performance, with whatever back up band and singers / dancers he has.

Neurosurgeons get paid like $400,000-500,000 a year. this man makes that in FOUR PERFORMANCES? are you kidding me? if i made music like him i would not charge anymore than for travel, food, shelter, and perhaps an extra 1,000 so that i could live off of it for a while. i find it incredibly mainstream to charge 100,000 Euros for one live set. Sounds like what Usher charges to do a live performance... oh, thats ok, because he dances, and has back up dancers, and a band, during his performance :smile:

we are all entitled to our own opinion. if you would pay 100,000 to have him play at one of your events, than please book him. i on the other hand, prefer to book musicians that have a personality and vibe as true as their music. Simon Posford doesnt get down in the crowd and dance to the following performers sets... he plays and then disappears.

artists like Random from California, or Electrypnose from Switzerland, or Artifakt from South Africa, all who have played in Iowa at one of our major events at some point in time, all returned to the dance floor after playing their LIVE sets. they danced and mingled with the audience members just as if they were one of us, because they were one of us at one point, and still are to a degree. Simon Posford has become jaded, and those of you that aren't as immersed into the psychedelic trance scene are entitled to think highly of him all you'd like. im not hating on you, im just hating on his lost genuine character.

his music is still bad ass, nonetheless. it is hands down some of the best downtempo music ever to be created in my opinion, which is why it is so sad that in order to book him now, you have to be able to pay him 1/4th a neurosurgeon's salary just for one 2-hour performance. :frown:

in my opinion, id rather save that money in case a family member or myself ever needs to have a brain tumor or brain aneurysm removed! to each their own. no need to get upset because one person is expressing their honest opinion about an artists booking fee.

--------------------
Abrahm

Offlinedubhuman
shit abyss
Female User Gallery

Loc: NY
    #9412307 - 12/11/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

aw man, thanks!!:grin::thumbup: i was there too, his set was great, good lookin with postin it.

the only thing was he came on by complete surprise, the schedule was all mixed up idk if you remember

f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#9412638 - 12/11/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PookztA said:
if anyone actually read my post it said 100,000 Euros for a live set. a LIVE set, meaning a LIVE PA performance, with whatever back up band and singers / dancers he has.

Neurosurgeons get paid like $400,000-500,000 a year. this man makes that in FOUR PERFORMANCES? are you kidding me? if i made music like him i would not charge anymore than for travel, food, shelter, and perhaps an extra 1,000 so that i could live off of it for a while. i find it incredibly mainstream to charge 100,000 Euros for one live set. Sounds like what Usher charges to do a live performance... oh, thats ok, because he dances, and has back up dancers, and a band, during his performance :smile:

we are all entitled to our own opinion. if you would pay 100,000 to have him play at one of your events, than please book him. i on the other hand, prefer to book musicians that have a personality and vibe as true as their music. Simon Posford doesnt get down in the crowd and dance to the following performers sets... he plays and then disappears.

artists like Random from California, or Electrypnose from Switzerland, or Artifakt from South Africa, all who have played in Iowa at one of our major events at some point in time, all returned to the dance floor after playing their LIVE sets. they danced and mingled with the audience members just as if they were one of us, because they were one of us at one point, and still are to a degree. Simon Posford has become jaded, and those of you that aren't as immersed into the psychedelic trance scene are entitled to think highly of him all you'd like. im not hating on you, im just hating on his lost genuine character.

his music is still bad ass, nonetheless. it is hands down some of the best downtempo music ever to be created in my opinion, which is why it is so sad that in order to book him now, you have to be able to pay him 1/4th a neurosurgeon's salary just for one 2-hour performance. :frown:

in my opinion, id rather save that money in case a family member or myself ever needs to have a brain tumor or brain aneurysm removed! to each their own. no need to get upset because one person is expressing their honest opinion about an artists booking fee.

Quote:

A live band, like the show he had on Halloween, had about 7 people playing live, plus dancers and singers.  And they've done this.....TWICE.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Simon Posford (Shpongle) - Live At Camp Bisco 2008 [Re: dubhuman]
    #9412668 - 12/11/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's not like it's 100,000 a ticket dude.
I wish I could remember how much Branford Marsalis got payed when he played on of Syracuse's free jazz fests. It was a lot of money for a free show, and I bet more people go to see Posford on any given night than Branford.

--------------------
!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order