Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineseabass341
Stranger
 User Gallery
When should I see mycelium growth?
    #8998286 - 09/28/08 02:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It has been 3 days since i injected my spores into my jars (Im using the PF-tek method) and dont see any mycelium growth yet (which is probably normal).  At what point should I expect to see the first signs of growth?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinejustAdream
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: northern , CO
Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: seabass341]
    #8998305 - 09/28/08 02:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

4 more days or so depending on if you did it right and temp. etc.

--------------------
cloning tek

:cubie: :cubie::cubie: :getstoned: :cubie::cubie: :cubie:

Offlinesavogeno
some guy

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: justAdream]
    #8998339 - 09/28/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

today is day number 4 since i inoculated. one of my hardest lessons learned in life is patience and its really starting to shine. lol you should of seen it when i was learning to hit a golf ball.

--------------------
On your dead shore
The sand is warm
She hides her tears and quickly lets it die
I will make it through even without you
My sky will be blue
I live tranquilized

Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: savogeno]
    #8998402 - 09/28/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

5-7 days minimum if conditions are optimal. Takes 3 or so days for the spores to germinate and start myc growth.

The foundation of this hobby like many others is patience. Expect lots of waiting especially at the beginning. Find something else to do so you don't go crazy staring at jars 10 hours a day :smile: I recommend working on your fruiting chamber and glove box to fill some of the time. Make sure everything is ready for phase two. And read all you can - there are a lot of different methods and opinions to learn from.

--------------------
hehe

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: nenl]
    #8998694 - 09/28/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Don't forget, after you think the spawn is 100% colonized, you should wait at least five more days... (most say a full week).

If nothing else, this will give you an idea what it feels like to be in prison and have an out date. You can then use this emotional knowledge to write a best selling book about your "time" in the joint, making millions on the NY Times best seller list! (Just stay off Oprah!) :wink::thumbup:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8998715 - 09/28/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've seen the first blobs of myc on my cakes at day 4 every time. I guess I'm just lucky.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Offlinesavogeno
some guy

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: dead]
    #8998748 - 09/28/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i keep thinking I'm seeing very small patches but i cant tell if its the brf playing tricks on me or not

--------------------
On your dead shore
The sand is warm
My sky will be blue
I live tranquilized

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
    #8998762 - 09/28/08 04:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

STOP LOOKING AT IT ! :rofl:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Offlinesavogeno
some guy

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: Boris]
    #8998776 - 09/28/08 04:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

lol i know, i check once a day not only is patience a lesson hard learned personal restraint falls not far behind it.

--------------------
On your dead shore
The sand is warm
My sky will be blue
I live tranquilized

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8998845 - 09/28/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Nahh, the more you move them around, the greater chance of getting a contam. every time you move them, your jostling around the verm filter lair... letting potential contams fall down into your substrate... seriously... check them like... 2-3 weeks after inoculation... once they are fully colonized they are virtually contam resistant tho. once they myc takes over (100%) no contams can get a foothold on the substrate, and the myc rains DOMINANCE !!!! :grin:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Offlinecokane
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#8998865 - 09/28/08 04:32 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i just did 12 jars 7 days ago. i used 2 differnt strains. 6 of the jars are starting to grow, 6 jars have nothing going on from what i can tell. but i am thinking the one stain is just slower. and i think i used to much dry verm so no real needle penitration on the 6 slow ones. just a learning curve time will tell

InvisibleLoveOverAll
HigherSpiritEvolving
 User Gallery

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: cokane]
    #8998962 - 09/28/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

let me guess, the jars that are not showing growth were injected with GT.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: LoveOverAll]
    #8999170 - 09/28/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

strain has nothing to do with with colinisation times or if its more contam resistant etc etc. your inoculating from multispore which will have lots of substrains each with a unique ginetic code.   

with that aside, if your needle didnt get to the substrate and the spores only got to the dry verm layer, they wont germinate and you wont get growth.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlineseabass341
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8999194 - 09/28/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for all those answers!
I'll try to restrain myself from looking :tongue:

InvisibleLoveOverAll
HigherSpiritEvolving
 User Gallery

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: seabass341]
    #9001201 - 09/29/08 02:59 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

look at the stats, 6 are growing and 6 with another strain are not, not only that but how many people on this website have complained about GT being slow germinators. i think this is one strain that does have different characteristics, despite what people say.

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#9001434 - 09/29/08 06:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Great, I've got gt. : (  Oh well, it's better than nothing at all.

Offlinecokane
Stranger

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: libertaire]
    #9003330 - 09/29/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

the none growing jars are pensacola. but i think i did get some penitration on some . i wont make that mistake again. and the good jars Mexi-Albino.

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

#9003415 - 09/29/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

golden teachers are great and grow just as quickly as any other strain. don't be dismayed.

i have noticed that alot of people like to blame the bad experiences they have on strain selection when it really should be blamed on their procedures.

also: patience is a virtue.

Offlinecokane
Stranger

Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: themange]
    #9004427 - 09/29/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i dont blame the strains. i no i messed up the pensacola. learing on the go.

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: When should I see mycelium growth? [Re: cokane]
    #9004835 - 09/29/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

In my experience with GT -vs- B+, the B+ colonized the jars faster, but the GTs were the first to show pins in the long run. many variables could have taken place to make this inbalancement, but all-in-all... I believe a cube is a cube... simply said. Between one strain to the next.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags