Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: widowmaker487]
    #8997963 - 09/28/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Do what works for you. Just be absolutely sure you are using overly sterile techniques when you noc up the jar and the bag. You have one shot in this case.

No matter what you decide, I wish you the best of luck and enjoy the fruits of your labor

--------------------
hehe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger
Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: nenl]
    #8998017 - 09/28/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yea thanks,  I was going to be a sterile as possible.  So i guess i should know up the 5 pound back with the spore solution and then knock up the jar with a little then for next time? how does that sound

--------------------
Everything I eat is from the Earth, right.
I am what I eat straight up Earth, right.
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth nice to meet you how do ya do.
Guess what. Ya you're one too.

Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: nenl]
    #8998030 - 09/28/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds good to me. Much faster in this case using spores for the bag.

--------------------
hehe

OfflineThe Cake Guy
Bad Ass
 User Gallery

Loc: WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE...
    #8998447 - 09/28/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Dude you really should just make your own.  I don't see the point in getting it off ebay and then having to wait for shipping.  Once you do finally get it your going to have to wait 2 weeks or so for it to be ready for use and thats if it doesn't get contaminated.  You really don't know what measures that guy made to sterilize it.  For all you know they could have just mixed up the water and honey and mailed it, then what.  You can't really call anybody at ebay and tell them that your cubes got contams and that you want your money back.  Making your own is smarter and faster and cheaper in the long run.

--------------------

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
    #8998448 - 09/28/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you have to wait for the jar from ebay to come. then inoculate the lc and wait for it to grow. thats a couple weeks alone. if you have a spore syrenge and the presterilized bags of substrate why not inoculate the bags now, save some spore solution to make a liquid culture later?

--------------------
grind

Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: seven]
    #8998528 - 09/28/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Take the time to understand What the mycelia is doing at any point and time in its life-cycle. 
Without comprehension of this, it will be difficult to diagnose and asess any difficulties that may arise during your cutivation efforts.

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #8999241 - 09/28/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you dont need a pressure cooker for lc, though it is recomended.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineiMtRiPpIn
Lookin' fer Luv
 User Gallery

#8999469 - 09/28/08 07:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

We're not supposed to be linking to non-shroomery vendors!!!

--------------------

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: African Jungle
Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: seven]
    #8999921 - 09/28/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

seven said:
you have to wait for the jar from ebay to come. then inoculate the lc and wait for it to grow. thats a couple weeks alone. if you have a spore syrenge and the presterilized bags of substrate why not inoculate the bags now, save some spore solution to make a liquid culture later?

yeah he has a point. actually if it was me I would knock up 10 jars with that syringe. then use every jar to get 10 60ml syringes of mycelium water. shit thats 600CC of mycelium water and from what i have READ the mycelium water store better and longer. heres a LINK. now you can knock up hundreds of jars if you want. Dont even order that crap off ebay. save your money for other things in this project.

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe comes from the Greek root "psilos" meaning bald head and Cubensis because it was first recognized as a new species from specimens collected in Cuba.

:mushroom2:CHIP:mushroom2:

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger
Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: tripchip]
    #9000237 - 09/28/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

sorry already ordered,  im sure it will be ok...  His feedback is excellent, and he seems to know what he is doing.  I dont have any of the things yet,  im waiting for everything to come.  I am going to inoculate the LC with 2cc of spore solution and use the rest 8cc for the bag.  Then im gonna use the lc to make a bunch of jar cakes later using the pf tek from youtube.  How does that sound.  Will i not be getting my moneys worth?    Couldnt i essentially make alot of jars,  and alot of mushrooms with what I am getting?  Or am i missing something?

--------------------

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9000275 - 09/28/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

no your fine. we are just trying to direct you down the path in which you get the most out of your spores. your way will be fine if that how you decide to do it.

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybe comes from the Greek root "psilos" meaning bald head and Cubensis because it was first recognized as a new species from specimens collected in Cuba.

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger
    #9000375 - 09/28/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was just wondering,  I was looking through the pics in the image gallery, and I rarely see anyone grow more than a few grams of mushies,,  is there a reason for this? Is it hard to grow an ounce indoors or what?

--------------------

Offlineundeadmonkey
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9000566 - 09/28/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You keep saying the guy knows what he's doing.  Well I can tell you there's tons of people here that know what they are doing than any one on ebay.  I am guessing the guy on ebay is secretly a member here.  He probably just wants to keep it quiet.  If you actually go read the Liquid mycellium guides, they are damn easy.  If you are really that confused, you should learn some more.  All the info is here.  You aint going to fudge any thing up if you do step by step with these guides. 

With that liquid culture jar...and incubation jars, do you have a plan how you are going to inject it?  Oven tec?  a glove box?  I hope you have read up on sterile inoculation procedures, because if you haven't you will probably contaminate most of what you just ordered.  I know, I been there, and it sucks.  Make sure before it comes to read up.  Do you have a fruiting chamber and all that?  You will ensure your success if you read up on it before it comes....by the way I got that same jar a little while back....it works great, just make sure you got like a glove box, and follow instructions it comes with.  Or you will end up pushing contaminated air directly in to there when the vacuum top activates.  I've done that too. 

good luck in your experiments.  You will make mistakes.  Do not be discouraged.  We are all here to help you.  Just don't give up.  It's rewarding to do for sure.

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger
Re: Liquid Culture vs Spore syringe [Re: undeadmonkey]
    #9000830 - 09/29/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you got the same jar from ebay?  Well thanks,  I know, i am going to take all precautions I can.  Theres a good video on youtube that gives me an idea of I might use and do.

--------------------

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9000870 - 09/29/08 12:51 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

widowmaker487 said:
I was just wondering,  I was looking through the pics in the image gallery, and I rarely see anyone grow more than a few grams of mushies,,  is there a reason for this? Is it hard to grow an ounce indoors or what?

dude you obviously dont know how to use the search function. these types of questions you can find on your own. if you have questions about any of the teks feel free to ask but we cant teach you everything there is to know. dont ask any more questions, just read for a month and then ask questions. go to the grow logs and look around. try searching and stuff. this thread was about LC and spore syringes. Those questions were answered. Start a new thread if you have any other questions that arent related to this one. not trying to be a dick, just telling you how shit goes down around here.

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Offlinewidowmaker487
Stranger
    #9000997 - 09/29/08 01:24 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tripchip said:
Quote:

widowmaker487 said:

dude you obviously dont know how to use the search function. these types of questions you can find on your own. if you have questions about any of the teks feel free to ask but we cant teach you everything there is to know. dont ask any more questions, just read for a month and then ask questions. go to the grow logs and look around. try searching and stuff. this thread was about LC and spore syringes. Those questions were answered. Start a new thread if you have any other questions that arent related to this one. not trying to be a dick, just telling you how shit goes down around here.

Wow,  I was just asking basic questions and was done already, fine man,  i'll leave...I had everything down already. I wont come back to shroomery.org cause I didnt know shit went down here like that.  WellI just want to say  thanks to the ones who helped me, I really appreciate your willingness to help out a new mushroom cultivator.  Audios

--------------------

Invisibletripchip
The Mushroom Monkey
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9001011 - 09/29/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules