Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Replenishing LC? [Re: seven]
    #8995326 - 09/27/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Your master LC can be used to inoculate other LCs, each LC from that master being "LC2s". It is possible to "over age" cultures, but I believe a large concern with LCs, is that water suspends contaminates as well as mycelia. Using one master, and not going over LC3, keeps the strain from degrading AND keeps the contamination rate acceptable. The use of the word "generation" in this instance is the same as when referring to G2Gs.

:2cents:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Replenishing LC? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8995477 - 09/27/08 07:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

as genetics plays a large roll in mycology: I view it as misleading to use the word generation in lc and g2g transfers. All that is happening is mycelium is growing and we are moving it to more food to colonize.

--------------------
grind

InvisibleR10tGuNn3r

Re: Replenishing LC? [Re: seven]
    #8996335 - 09/27/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

seven said:
as genetics plays a large roll in mycology: I view it as misleading to use the word generation in lc and g2g transfers. All that is happening is mycelium is growing and we are moving it to more food to colonize.

like i said... im refering to generation of lc not generation of isolation... ie a second generation lc would be an inoculant of the master... master being the first generation lc... it is the first time the mycelium was generated in a suspended culture... call it a transfer or whatever but there is no difference in the mycelium from a master, first generation lc to a second generation lc... they have just been introduced to new nutrient for colonization...

a generation of isolation means you isolate properties.. ie clone... grow and take another lc of properties and multi spore... then lc again... like inbreading... im not talking about isolations im talking about LC.. there is a difference..

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
Re: Replenishing LC? [Re: R10tGuNn3r]
    #8996418 - 09/28/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i understand you are simply taking mycelium from the master to start a second lc. do you understand that this process does not create a whole new generation in the genetics of the strain? by takeing a syrenge and sucking up mycelium and shooting it into the second jar you just created a second lc of the same generation. you just made a transfer. to make a new generation you have to grow out the lc and get new spores and start over. generation 2. people want to call the second jars second generation, but it is untrue by definition of the word generation

--------------------
grind

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Replenishing LC? [Re: Cultivate]
    #8996597 - 09/28/08 01:21 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psillycake said:
Just curious........what are signs that a strain has "degraded"?

The Mycelium will turn a gray color during the spawn run... it's happening to my LC right now.
it will still grow, but not as vigorous

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies