Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek

Room is getting cold - 66 degrees - Incubation
    #8989932 - 09/26/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have these water heater things taht go in aquariums. Can I just put a bowl with water next to the pf jars and heat up the closet a couple degrees? Would that work? I'm just trying to get to 70-75

Edited by pftek (09/26/08 03:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLinux
Elite Grey Hat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastpointe, MI 48021 Flag
Re: Room is getting cold - 66 degrees - Incubation [Re: pftek]
    #8989934 - 09/26/08 03:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Search for "Heat Bomb"

--------------------

I'm just a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
    #8989940 - 09/26/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Or get a heater?

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Offlinepftek

Re: Room is getting cold - 66 degrees - Incubation [Re: misos]
    #8989948 - 09/26/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

What about shining a incandescent light on them. that shit gets hot.

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#8989959 - 09/26/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well, depending on the size of your grow area, you could always get a heat lamp. They draw about 150-300 watts, but, whatev. They would work. They get way hot.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #8989967 - 09/26/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
I have these water heater things taht go in aquariums. Can I just put a bowl with water next to the pf jars and heat up the closet a couple degrees? Would that work? I'm just trying to get to 70-75

No, the water will evaporate and burn out the heater once dry.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineLinux
Elite Grey Hat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastpointe, MI 48021 Flag
    #8989974 - 09/26/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

misos said:
Well, depending on the size of your grow area, you could always get a heat lamp. They draw about 150-300 watts, but, whatev. They would work. They get way hot.

I'm sorry but that advise just sucks :crazy:

pftek,
If anything put tinfoil over a regular light bulb for heat. Just don't attempt if you have little or no common sense :shrug:

--------------------

I'm just a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

Offlinetwboss
Sceptic
Male User Gallery

Loc: 321 Flag
Re: Room is getting cold - 66 degrees - Incubation [Re: Linux]
    #8990022 - 09/26/08 03:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Get a space heater. All you need is to achieve around 75 and your good. Don't bother with that magiver BS

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: Room is getting cold - 66 degrees - Incubation [Re: Linux]
    #8990306 - 09/26/08 04:39 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Not really. It's not the best idea, no. But it would suffice for now. Now, the foil idea, in my opinion, isn't a good one either. However, I did mention a heater before. If it were me, and I had no reasonable way of getting heat, I would just let them colonize at that temperature. They will still colonize, just at a slower rate. I would just leave them.

Anything providing heat is going to raise your electricity bill, and pose potential fire dangers, especially in an enclosed area. You COULD do a TiT style incubator, and just put a fish tank heater in the bottom, with about 3-4 inches of water, wrapped in foil so the heater doesn't melt the plastic. That's what I did for awhile, until I realized that room temp works just fine. GL.

Oh, use the search function and look up incubating temps. You'd be amazed at the info and answers you would find.

--------------------

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

#8990340 - 09/26/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Get two rubbermaid tubs  put water and the heater in one and the jars in the other. Then put the tub with the jars in the other tub. Make sure that the tub is not on the ground, and I like to wrap mine in a blanket to help insulate it.  Look up tub in tub in the search function.

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

Offlinenenl
Strangest

Re: Room is getting cold - 66 degrees - Incubation [Re: Ogre812]
    #8990472 - 09/26/08 05:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

How about putting your incubation tub on top of the fridge? It'll get the warm air from the coils in the back. Might not be enough, but it's very easy and you'll find out in an hour if it's working. If not move on to something more complicated like the TiT described above. IMO anything that makes alot of heat like a heater or lamp can turn ugly - too risky for my tastes.

--------------------
hehe

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: Room is getting cold - 66 degrees - Incubation [Re: nenl]
    #8990785 - 09/26/08 06:33 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I keep my colonizing cakes in small cardboard boxes near a radiator. The thermometer says it's 26C (78.8F) inside the boxes, which should be fine.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies