Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) * 1
    #898398 - 09/21/02 08:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

For those who don't remember, I found a suspected new active Psilocybe last October. It has been ruled out as being atlantis, its definitely not atlantis. It has been sugestd that it could possibly be Psilocybe mammillata, but MJ and a few others say its definitely not. So I suspect its a new Psilocybe. I found 3 specimens of this mushroom this spring, but that was it, all summer they didn't fruit at all. And just this week they stated fruitng again in mass quanity, what you see pictured isn't a 1/3 of them, I left lots to mature for prints and so that when GG visits next week he'll have some to pick too :smile: I'm guessing they are a fall fruiters from what I've observed so far. The first large dose bioassy will be conducted tommarow :smile: Will let you know how it goes, I suspect they are quite potent, we'll find out :smile:

Here are some pics, enjoy :smile:

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (09/21/02 08:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) [Re: Lizard King]
    #898409 - 09/21/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

LK,

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #898464 - 09/21/02 09:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Cool. Nice specimens and excellent photos.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #898479 - 09/21/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome pics. The caps almost remind me of Ps. coropholia(sp?).

What kind of habitat do these guys grow in? What's the biggest one you've found?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #898496 - 09/21/02 09:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oh my God, they are so beautiful..

Here is the last image, try it again..

I'll be there with bells on, i suppose i'll have to be! LOL!

Georgia is the final frontier,
Keep on shroomin!!!!
GGreatOne

OfflinePrivate_ShroomN
Stranger
    #898907 - 09/22/02 08:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

SWEEETTTT

OfflineUnity333
addict
 User Gallery

#898926 - 09/22/02 08:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

WOW!!! What was the substrate these things were feeding on?
The temps must have been low beings it was October, Ga is getting better all the time.. Good job...

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #898934 - 09/22/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of habitat? Well, its kind of a weird habitat. Lots of tall weeds on open flood plain, sany soil, mossy, and the groud has been disturded about 3-4 yeaqrs ago. Thats about the best I can do. The biggest I've found was about 5 inches tall with an inch and half wide cap, stems are usually only a few millimeters thick but can get to be about an 1/8 of an inch thick.

I'll be listening for the bells when I meet you at the gas station GG :smile: Naw, man, if you can't make it its no big deal. I just figured you'd like to get some weilii pickin in this year and what better to top if off than a new species, you can be the second person ever to put your hands on it :smile: How many chances do you get to trip on an unnamed newly discovered psilocybe that you'll be able to say you were the second person to ever ingest this species? But if you can't make it, like I said its no big deal, I could just give you a detailed description of how potent they are rather than you finding out first hand :smile: BTW: GG, all the caps I printed dropped excellent prints, so I'll get a few packaged up and sent your way in the next day or so.

LK,

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #898946 - 09/22/02 09:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

LK, Take a look at your Psilocybe Mushrooms of the World.

LLooks a lot like Psilocybe wassoniorum Guzman and Pollock. Wasson's mushroom.

GG

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
    #899504 - 09/22/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Neato Shroom.
gota hand it to you, LK... walking off into uncharted habitats, with an eye to the ground.
the Mark of a true devotee- most habbyists would just stick to the popp pies down your neck of the woods... you?ve got your shroom eye burning on the lawns, dirt, even swamps or good ol? GA.. Bravo.

The description of the Wasson doesn?t include any indication of such a thick ol? pellicle... But otherwise, I?d have to agree with GG.
Lest we forget, I found a brand new species two years ago, only to have MJ send it off to Dr. Gartz, who told us it was a freaking Ps. Cyan.  You tell me:

Obviously a Cyanescens...

Well, so are these.... found but a mile away in similar substrate:

And so went my one true chance at Psilocybe Mattsoii-

Still, you never know
:ooo: 

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) [Re: mattso]
    #899783 - 09/22/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah!! I remember that pic, but I had forgotten it :smile: Those were some funky looking psilos, almost baeo-ish, yet a little cyan-ish, and I remember MJ saying they were just a varient of Ps. cyanescen that grew under unfavorable conditions or something along those lines. You never know, maybe they were somehting new, I really question half  the ID's that mycologists have out there, mushrooms are very hard to pin point exact taxonomy, and mistakes are made frequently. Have you ever found anymore of thise funky shrooms? If so I'd think about sending more to Guzman instead, and just label them un known bluing Psilocybe from washington and see what he comes up with.

Anyways, I've looked at the Ps. wassoniorum and have to say there is good similarity there, but having picked this new species for a year now I really know every little detail about them, and I don't think they are wassoniorum either. Its a possibility, its hard to say by just looking at one picture of one mushroom of the wassoniorum. My mushrooms only look similar because it had just rained(actually it was raining) and they have that orange color when extremely wet, but on a normal day they are much more dark in color. Alot of Psilocybes have very similar characteristics, some are even macroscopically identical to others, but the microscope tells a different story.

First off the fibrillose on the stems of my Psilos is different from wassoniorum. Also the cap on my mushrooms will always expand and plane out and even turn up, and I don't think this happens with wassonirum, they stay conic. Also my mushrooms commonly have somewhat of an acute and sometimes broad umbo. Also the wassonirum stems only measure in the 30-40mm range and the stems on my mushrooms average 40-60mm and can get to be 100mm+, much like a liberty cap with a long twisting stem. The wassoniorum has up to a 10mm long pseudorhiza(supposedly a very distinct feature of the wassoniorum) and my mushrooms lack this feature all together, the stem never narrows at the base. Plus the habitat and range of wassoniorum doesn't really match up with this new species at all.

I think it either has to be Ps. mammillata or a new species.

--------------------

Offlineeuphoria2123
Stranger
    #902197 - 09/23/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

How did the bioassay go????????

Anonymous

#902634 - 09/23/02 07:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineMushroomSally
Canadian SnowAngel

Loc: Up the road
    #902690 - 09/23/02 07:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

~those are beautiful!  :grin:

--------------------

A Pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel down his pants
The bartender says “Hey Pirate, what’s with the steering wheel down your pants?”
“Arrrrrrg says the Pirate, it’s drivin me nutz”

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) [Re: MushroomSally]
    #902721 - 09/23/02 08:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

beautiful!

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
    #902759 - 09/23/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Any more info? How does it look bruised, what kind of substrate was it growing in? Looks kinda like marshlands, or it could just be rainy...lol... Anyways, nice find, good luck with identifying, for your sake, I hope it truly is a different subspecies... Any idea's what youll name it? lol.... How does that stuff work? Whoever finds it gets to name it or what?

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Offlineeuphoria2123
Stranger
    #903345 - 09/23/02 11:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

So why do you think it's active? huh?

Offlineeuphoria2123
Stranger
Re: New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) *DELETED* [Re: TripsAreForKids]
    #903351 - 09/23/02 11:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by euphoria2123

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) [Re: euphoria2123]
    #903879 - 09/24/02 05:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Why do I think its active? Because I know what an active mushroom looks like, because I've picked thousands and thousands of active mushrooms in the past 5 years. Because I picked this same species for a year now and have eaten it before, because they stain blue like a mofo, because they taste magic, smell magic and ARE magic, thats why.

Seriously, these mushrooms stain blue readily, just because you don't see any in these pics doesn't mean anything, I don't go pinching shrooms to get a bluing reaction, I pick gracefully and try to damage the mushrooms as little as possible and they don't stain much that way.

The bioassy went very well. 50 small mushrooms were ingested, around 2 dried grams and they were pretty damn potent! I would rate them right next to weilii, probably a bit stronger that weilii weight wise. But weilii is so much more heavy and meaty that it takes far less mushrooms of weilii than this new species to get effects. This new species seems to be very speedy in its effects, almost similar to pan subbs except much stronger, similar to LSD kinda.

Yes Mr. mushrooms, I'd love for you to have a print! Email me at tud@attbi.com and I'll get a few prints sent out today, or asap.

More pics of other mushrooms to come later today... Lizard found Ps. atlantis yesterday!!!! And also picked 175 weilii!!

LK,

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: New active Psilocybe species from GA!!!(PICS!) [Re: euphoria2123]
    #903894 - 09/24/02 05:37 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

WTF ever!! You obviously don't know jack shit about weilii. I know who you are, I got your email a few weeks back, and I've talked with a mutual friend of ours(the discoverer of atlantis) and he has warned me about you. Told me about how he was nice enough to share a few patches of weilii with you and show you the ropes and the next thing he knows your MOM is calling him asking what kind of drugs he gave you because your flipping your lid after eating some weilii on the way home from a hunt.

Don't come on here and start shit, and stay the hell out of that neighborhood, our friend told me that you have been warned to stay out of that neighborhood, I better not catch your ass there!!

These mushrooms are so so obviously not weilii its ridiculous. I've had the discoverer of atlantis down here picking with me last year and showed him this new species in person, and he assured me they weren't atlantis. I've also been conversing with Paul stamets about this new species, he'd laugh if he knew someone was calling these mushrooms weilii.

I'm not even going to get in to it more than I have already, I think its obvious as hell to anyone with half a brain that these aren't weilii.

LK,

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate