Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescaryc
Stranger
A. Muscaria v. Formosa For the Table!
    #8985679 - 09/25/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone! Im new to the forum.

I searched for similar threads but could only find discussions about consuming for psychoactive effects.

I picked a large quantity of A. Muscaria v. Formosa in Northeast Ohio and read an article about boiling them first to make them edible. I tried it tonight and ate a small amount, a few two-inch slices and they were delicious - probably the meatiest mushroom Ive ever eaten. Im going to work my way up as far as quantity just to be careful. Its been over an hour since I ate them with no negative effects whatsoever.

Has anybody else prepared these for the table? If so, can you share the method you used?

I boiled one large cap, thinly sliced, in salted water (1 tsp per quart). Drained, rinsed and fried in oil and lightly seasoned.  They were amazing! They hold their texture perfectly through boiling.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies