Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Tea question
    #897934 - 09/21/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I want to trip tonight but i usually stay awake for about 8 hours if i just eat em like normal. I am hoping to trip fast and hard with mushroom tea but i have some questions. If i am looking to trip as much as 3 g would make me trip eating them, how much should i put into the tea? ( figure in for psylocin breakdown due to heat) Am I correct in that i should boil the shrooms in water for about 10 min. ,this seems too long to me? ANd lastly, all me mushies are dry now, this wont matter will it, i.e. i dont have any fresh. thanks guys and girls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Tea question [Re: cantankerous]
    #897946 - 09/21/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

3g will do you just fine. What I do is I simmer the chopped up (or ground if dry) mush for 30 minutes on a low, low boil. I then steep tea with it off the heat for another 15 minutes. Strain and sweeten to taste. You'll be tripping hard in 30 minutes.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflinePharmette
Loc: Seattle Area
Re: Tea question [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #898058 - 09/21/02 06:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

This is how I do it and it works GREAT. Put your shrooms in a blender or food processer, and boil some water, add the boiling water to the blender and puree the shrooms. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes and add some orange juice concentrate, or cranberry juice, or whatever to taste (Kool aid, tea, anything really) occasionally I add frozen strawberries and a banana when i use OJ (Psychedelic smoothies) you cant taste the shrooms and its actually pretty good, just dont make it too sweet by overdoing it on the OJ concentrate. Sometimes it hits you REALLY hard and you might puke so drink it kind of slow depending how many shrooms you have in there. Good Luck

--------------------
When you're living life like a show, you got to take a bow to all the people you know... ~Sublime~

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #898445 - 09/21/02 09:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am curious where you got the idea that psilocybin will break down due to heat when making tea. My Merck Index gives the melting point of psilocybin (after recrystallization from water) as 220 - 228 degrees Celsius (quite a bit hotter that boiling water), and doesn't mention decomposition.

The only decomposition that might occur that you would care about is that basic solutions will break down psilocin (which is produced from psilocybin in water). The simple solution is to make sure your water is acidic. Try adding a little lemon juice or vinegar before you make the tea and you should lose no potency at all.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisible905
Stranger

Re: Tea question [Re: ToxicMan]
    #898455 - 09/21/02 09:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I mix with real tea which is acidic and tastes good too.

Offlinecantankerous

Re: Tea question [Re: ToxicMan]
    #898617 - 09/21/02 10:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

toxic man, yes i just mean that psylocin breaks down. Remember that temperature that you read on a therm. is really an average. so the water touching individual psylocin molecules may be much hotter. in fact your states temp is not that much higher than the boiling point. that is what i was getting at. just a little thermodynamic statistics for ya. peace out. i am about to drink that tea rightnow!

Invisible905
Stranger

#898627 - 09/21/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That is celsius.
100 celsius is boiling point of water.

Edited by 905 (09/21/02 11:10 PM)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #898744 - 09/22/02 04:03 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

have a nice trip man!!! :grin:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #898918 - 09/22/02 08:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Don't boil the shrooms. Put the powdered shrooms in a mug and add the boiling water. Be careful as 3 grams will most likely kick your ass. Drink very slowly as they can come on like a freight train in as little as 10 minutes on an empty stomach.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Tea question [Re: Swami]
    #899589 - 09/22/02 03:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

great idea Swami.  I never thought of that... will try it soon, tonight perhaps  :tongue:

Offlinecantankerous

Re: Tea question [Re: 905]
    #899720 - 09/22/02 04:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah whoops, 215 C is a big difference from F. i should read more carefully. cya

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
5,023 topic views. 2 members, 44 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 12 queries.