Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: jayson]
    #893982 - 09/19/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

If you can only contemplate that which can be proven by others, then you lack freedom to think for your self.

who said I can't contemplate it?

and you say you hold these ideas only as ideas but you behave as if you believe they are objective truths.

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #894559 - 09/19/02 08:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"please show me this evidence?"

I cannot show you what you are unable to see. Sorry for being obstuse.

"personal "revelation" due to mind-altering chemicals doesn't count in my book."

Nor does it in mine.

Cheers,

Invisiblexnevermore
? Ω?

Loc: The Twilight Zone
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: jayson]
    #895103 - 09/20/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Concerning the Earth being flat... read this. I think this was posted here once.

--------------------
- xnevermore

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: ]
    #896184 - 09/20/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I cannot show you what you are unable to see. Sorry for being obstuse

this statement is rather snotty, imo.?
perhaps I could "see" it upon revelation from you?
if there is evidence, provide it.
or at least explain what you think is evidence.
to leave me in ignorance of your evidence isn't very nice, is it?

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #896211 - 09/20/02 09:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Finally I can retire as one of the few hardcore shroomery skeptics now that AJ is here.

Thank you.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineCalen
journeyman
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Zahid]
    #896249 - 09/20/02 09:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Don't tempt me.  Or FuMan Chu is going to take's Sclorch's advice: "Open a cannn of whoop-ass on you!"

So how do you want your Kung Pow?  :tongue:

Ahh anyhow,  I won't interfere with your preaching again from now on.

Carry on

OfflineCalen
journeyman
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Swami]
    #896262 - 09/20/02 09:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oh joy.. :wink:

Anonymous

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Fliquid]
    #896352 - 09/20/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That's great, whatever you think God is doesn't exist then.

I know that what I believe is God does exist.

People who want to make a blanket statement such as "God does not exist" don't take into account the fact that your concept of God may well have absolutely nothing to do with mine.

If I were to say that reality IS God, and God IS reality, everything IS God, and God IS everything, are you prepared to say that reality AND everything DO NOT exist? Of course you aren't.

People who have some anthropomorphized Judeo-Christian type judgmental God as their concept of God and then go around screaming "God doesn't exist!" are morons. You'd be surprised if you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to realize that a very significant portion of the world has a concept of God that has nothing to do with yours and you don't even know these concepts exist let alone what they entail.

Or maybe what you meant was, there isn't an anthropomorphized Judeo-Christian type God who sits up in heaven creating things and deciding whether he thinks Jack Smith was a good enough guy to come into heaven and live with him forever or if he should send him down to hell with his archnemesis Satan.

Congratulations if you just figured that out, you must be a genius.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: ]
    #896356 - 09/20/02 10:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

If I were to say that reality IS God, and God IS reality, everything IS God, and God IS everything, are you prepared to say that reality AND everything DO NOT exist? Of course you aren't.

People who have some anthropomorphized Judeo-Christian type judgmental God as their concept of God and then go around screaming "God doesn't exist!" are morons. You'd be surprised if you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to realize that a very significant portion of the world has a concept of God that has nothing to do with yours and you don't even know these concepts exist let alone what they entail.

did you just miss this entire thread?
if god is reality and existence then the word "god" becomes meaningless and useless in itself.

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

Anonymous

#896794 - 09/21/02 02:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh yes. One last answer here for the evening.

this statement is rather snotty, imo.?

Pardon me but your subjectivity is showing. You may interpret my posts any way you like but what I meant was quite different in its intention. What exactly does my intention have to do with it anyway?

perhaps I could "see" it upon revelation from you?

This is either an invitation to dialogue or an attempt to bait. I accept neither.

if there is evidence, provide it.

Is that an order? Or a subtle implication that if I do not you have won the argument? I decline.

or at least explain what you think is evidence.

Well, that's better isn't it? But still not enticing enough for me. Thanks but no thanks.

to leave me in ignorance of your evidence isn't very nice, is it?

And now you seem to really set a trap. Now if I don't engage you I am accused of being "not nice".

Do you see how subjectivity works?

Here's the deal. I have participated in many arguments, formal and informal, on and off the Internet. You have stated, quite succinctly I might add, your position on this subject. With my experience it is a waste of your time and mine to dialogue on this for two reasons.

1. Your philosophical presuppositions have blinded you to the point where you cannot understand or accept what I would offer as evidence.

2. If consciousness is merely a matter of neurons why waste them? I have better places to use them.

This is why I said I was sorry for being obtuse. Although I admire your intelligence I do not wish to engage you. This is rare for me but it does happen on occasion. Think nothing of it. You are welcome here. Let's leave it at that.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #897173 - 09/21/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

then the word "god" becomes meaningless and useless in itself.

Hoo-Ahh!

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Sclorch]
    #897372 - 09/21/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dude there is a god, hes inside of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read gordon wasson's ariticales, he believed that all religons started with psyco-tropic plants, but when man tryed to interperite the meaning of this, man got a sense of god. Churches were formed to say that the only way to god is through the church ... AND THAT WHEN EVERYTHING GOT FUCKED UP! ..

You can only find god in your self... THE 3RD EYE IS GOD... the damm organ in the center of your brain, this organ is phyiscal proof of mystical experience.

Even in the bible ... jesus ( who i believe was a mushroom ) said.. When christ comes ... NOBODY CAN SAY "There he is" or "He is there" (another words noman with long hair will come down to save man's ass) CHRIST WILL BE FOUND IN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Thus the bibles revelations where mushroom revelations interpreted over many people and many trips)

The people of shroomery have found or is closer to christ than those FUCKING FUGKED UP CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #897385 - 09/21/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

all I can say to your post is
read the thread.

also: your 1 shroom is from me, for not being a fluent english speaker.

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#897397 - 09/21/02 12:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Even in the bible ... jesus ( who i believe was a mushroom )

.... was Mithras a mushroom too?

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Sclorch]
    #897418 - 09/21/02 01:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oh sorry i, just dd read it ... ok cool

In my opinon ... why is it that, if god is your higher state of mind, why does this mean it is worth less, why?

Visit the website .. www.freedomdomain.com ( i believe thats the website ) it debunks the idea that ufo's are alien civilzations, and that there (really just secert societys building up our end of time take over! The rise of the anti-christ!!

When i refer to the anti-christ i mean ( agianst finding the god in you!!!!) And in bible when they say the anti-christs rule; i believe its drug prohibition. I watch daily politics, religon, and i trully believe that one day that the masses will discover god in self. Then we as creators can create the new garden of eden or (true freedom and peace on earth).

LOOK UP ON THE SUBJECT OF Psyco-cybernetics, the study is of the VAST capabilitys of our own mind. Ever heard that we only use 10% of our minds, hehe reasearch deeper!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (09/21/02 04:44 PM)

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#897622 - 09/21/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

um...... ok?

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #897633 - 09/21/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ever heard that we only use 10% of our minds, hehe reasearch deeper!

Puh-lease. This has been debunked a dozen times. Do a search here or on the internet.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Swami]
    #897886 - 09/21/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry dude, i guess i didn't explain. I personally don't believe it ether, thats why i was saying reasearch. Basically i believe we don't harness near the brain power in our normal state of minds; than we do on psycadelics.

Many describe knowning the meaning of life, the meaning of everything, and knowning everything about everything, on a level 5 experience!

Think about this, if joe doe walks up to you on the street (just some stranger), and asks you. Do you known where my keys are? You (like everyone else) would just look at him strangely and say no? (You wouldn't even try to search your mind to if you acually know where his keys are right!) Now when you feel deppressed or a sense of "im fogetting something" or "theres something im forgetting to do" or your mind always searching for the answer to the worrysome thought. When your thinking; thinking is like a search of your brain similar to what a computer searchs its memory right? Now think about this one. Your mind will not search for something that isn't already there (the answer to problems), or YOU WOULDN'T SEARCH!  What im saying is that the mind has the ability to predict the future to events or mankind. Your mind has the ability to know or be anywhere in the universe. So its true that time and space are only preceptions. Our minds have the ability to go back, forward in time. Our minds have ability to be other places without our physical bodys being there. Our minds have the ability to invent profound technologies (ufo type aircrafts is an example). Our minds are perfect examples of our infanity knowledge!!! An example of GOD.

Did i lose you people??? :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#897908 - 09/21/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Sorry dude, i guess i didn't explain. I personally don't believe it ether, thats why i was saying reasearch. Basically i believe we don't harness near the brain power in our normal state of minds; than we do on psycadelics.

Many describe knowning the meaning of life, the meaning of everything, and knowning everything about everything, on a level 5 experience!

though psychedelics do have some stimulant effects on the nervous system, it's not a matter of "harnessing more brain power"; it's the way in which your brain is functioning, due to the introduction of chemicals which change the way electrical impulses fire between synapses. experiences are different because your brain is working differently, not more

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#897920 - 09/21/02 05:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Your mind will not search for something that isn't already there (the answer to problems), or YOU WOULDN'T SEARCH! What im saying is that the mind has the ability to predict the future to events or mankind.

this part of your post is downright absurd. you obviously haven't read a word of neuroscience, but prefer to immerse yourself in pseudo-scientific metaphysical garbage based on some crackpot's speculations about his psychedelic experiences. or maybe you made this stuff up yourself.

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies