Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Joe Biden, Imbecile [Re: zorbman]
    #8977907 - 09/24/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Dude, it's not just the "irrelevant historical detail" that there was nothing other than experimental television equipment in 1929, it's that Roosevelt wasn't president at the time, Hoover was.

Here we have a guy who has been in the United States Senate for thirty-six years who doesn't even know what year one of the most revered Democratic (his own party, remember) presidents of all time became president.

Biden's pronouncements make Bush look like a genius. There is no other US politician as downright stupid as this asshat, as anyone who watched the Democratic candidate debates can attest. Or anyone who has had the unfortunate experience of watching the various committees on C-Span on which Biden has served. He's a freaking self-parody.

Phred

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Joe Biden, Imbecile [Re: Seuss]
    #8977933 - 09/24/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Nope. It's just simple ignorance.

Great... an ignorant politician... just what we need.

Everyone is ignorant of something.

And (brace yourself) politicans also have been known to lie from time to time.

Nothing new here.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Joe Biden, Imbecile [Re: Phred]
    #8977934 - 09/24/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if I would go as far as calling him more ignorant than bush.:lol:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8977962 - 09/24/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not defending Biden's statement. It was incorrect. What I'm saying is in the span of decades of public statements you will find a treasure trove of gaffes from most any politician. Edit them together and you can make anyone look like a bufoon. Come on. This is typical partisan stuff in an election year. I know you are highly partisan but I hope you can at least admit to yourself what is going on here.

Give me a one hour televised interview with virtually anyone and I can edit that tape to make them look like a jackass. I can show them scratching their butt, picking their nose, fumbling for words, etc and edit that into one long shot.

Perspective is a good thing.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#8978115 - 09/24/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Dude, this is Joe Biden we're talking about here. Joe has been providing entertainment for decades to people of both parties. He's famous for his gaffes. This isn't a case of sifting through three and a half decades of his pronouncements and winding up with several dozen howlers, this is a case of watching pretty much any video of pretty much any of his public appearances and coming up with two or three Bidenisms from each one. He is constitutionally incapable of shutting up. Even fellow Democrats were razzing him for his lengthy and bloviating rambling speeches (which were supposed to be actual questions) on the various Senate investigatory panels he's been on over the last couple of years. Point a camera at this guy and it's like ringing a bell for Pavlov's dogs - off he goes a mile a minute till someone takes him down in a chokehold from behind and drags him off the stage.

The man is a dolt. Always has been, always will be.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8978123 - 09/24/08 12:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Biden was telling the truth

Might wanna look up when the television was invented; less about truth and more about stupidity.  :rolleyes:

Quote:

When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television...

ok so he meant to say radio and not television is that really that big of a gaffe
i think gaffing about troop levels and surge timeline and mixing sunni and shiites is WAY bigger of a deal

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Joe Biden, Imbecile [Re: Coaster]
    #8978185 - 09/24/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Leave aside the whole radio/television thing and concentrate on who he thought was president of the US in October 1929. I'm not even an American and I would never have said Roosevelt was president at the time of the market crash!

Phred

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8978234 - 09/24/08 12:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Point a camera at this guy and it's like ringing a bell for Pavlov's dogs - off he goes a mile a minute till someone takes him down in a chokehold from behind and drags him off the stage.

A politician who gets long-winded when a camera is on?

Imagine that.

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8978258 - 09/24/08 12:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Leave aside the whole radio/television thing and concentrate on who he thought was president of the US in October 1929. I'm not even an American and I would never have said Roosevelt was president at the time of the market crash!

Phred

During the Great Depression of the 1930s, Roosevelt created the New Deal to provide relief for the unemployed, recovery of the economy, and reform of the economic and banking systems.

so during the 30s, during the great depression, he went on the radio and did exactly but Biden said he did

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #8978277 - 09/24/08 12:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

At least Joe Biden didn't vote in support of the bridge to nowhere in Alaska.  He would have been a real idiot to do that, after condemning Palin for her supposed support of it.  (Good thing Obama didn't vote in favor of the bridge either.)  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8978283 - 09/24/08 12:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:

Phred

Politicians..hell, people can and do say stupid, even incomprehensible, things all the time. Republican Gerald Ford, a sitting President mind you, during a televised Presidential debate said, "There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe and there never will be under a Ford administration."

The man didn't know our deadly enemy controlled Eastern Europe during the height of the Cold War for Christ's sake!!

But of course you won't point out such things because you sir are a rabid partisan. You only point out mistakes on the other side, never your own. You are not an honest broker when it comes to this sort of thing.

Perspective is a good thing.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #8978317 - 09/24/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Context... followed by:

Quote:

I don't believe the Yugoslavians consider themselves dominated by the Soviet Union. I don't believe that the Rumanians consider themselves dominated by the Soviet Union. I don't believe that the Poles consider themselves dominated by the Soviet Union. Each of those countries is independent, autonomous: it has its own territorial integrity and the United States does not concede that those countries are under the domination of the Soviet Union. As a matter of fact, I visited Poland, Yugoslavia and Rumania to make certain that the people of those countries understood that the president of the United States and the people of the United are dedicated to their independence, their autonomy and their freedom.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8978328 - 09/24/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Even worse. He was given a chance to correct himself and repeated the mistake.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#8978432 - 09/24/08 01:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

so during the 30s, during the great depression, he went on the radio and did exactly but Biden said he did

Except Biden said he did it on television, and Biden says he did it in October of 1929, not during the Thirties. Apart from those two minor details, Biden was bang on.

Reading comprehension, man, reading comprehension.

Phred

--------------------

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#8978469 - 09/24/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

To be honest I didn't know who the president was at the time of the depression. It's been so long since history class, that I had forgotten.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8978470 - 09/24/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:

Phred

Really? Maybe you would, maybe you wouldn't. Try being 100% coherant 100% of the time while giving hundreds of speeches a year during non-stop fundraising in a new town every day while getting by on a few hours of sleep a night and living on a diet of coffee and honeybuns and see how many gaffes you make.

I know I would make my share and if you are honest you'll admit the same. A few might even end up on Youtube. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8978471 - 09/24/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sure hr meant it too :yesnod:

At least he'll be providing the right with some entertainment for the next 8 years.  He's like the funny uncle.  I know bushisms helped me get through these last 8

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Joe Biden, Imbecile [Re: Ferris]
    #8978494 - 09/24/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
I'm sure hr meant it too :yesnod:

Fake outrage is the order of the day in this Silly Season.

Partisans will throw anything to see if it sticks whether they actually believe it or not.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Joe Biden, Imbecile [Re: pinkfloydms]
    #8978847 - 09/24/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

To be honest I didn't know who the president was at the time of the depression.

And you can be forgiven for that. But you are not a professional politician, one of just a hundred people in the whole world inhabiting the US Senate. One of just six people in the whole world who have been there for thirty-six freaking years. One who belongs to the same party as Roosevelt did. This is FDR, remember... one of the most (if not the most) revered Democrats in history.

I don't expect Biden to be able to tell us just where in the periodic table of elements we might find silicon, but I do expect him... and EVERY member of Congress... to know who was president when the stock market crash of 1929 occurred.

Phred

--------------------

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

#8978856 - 09/24/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I agree. :thumbup:

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
Best story ever!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom