Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemurtymaker
Stranger

Tripping after breakup?
    #8977707 - 09/24/08 10:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

History - Recently my gf and I broke up and it was and still is really hard. I miss her because she moved to a different city. It was not a bad breakup and we still talk we just knew a long distance would not work out. I also just moved into a house with some of my best friends (non trippers) and am going to be starting a new job soon.

Question - When Im sober I start thinking about how much it is going to suck when she tells me that she has been with someone else for the first time since me. Will I start to think about this while I am tripping and it will bring me into a bad trip? Also I have heard not to trip while negative things are floating around in the mind. Or should I do it because it is a new chapter in my life and I should trip to put that new chapter into perspective and trip to help me get over her? The substance is 2c-e any advise is welcomed thx.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhy_not_me
I live tranquilized
 User Gallery

Loc: Fluffy opiate cloud
Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: murtymaker]
    #8977711 - 09/24/08 10:51 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It could go either way:justdontknow:

You should ask yourself, as you know yourself more then others..

--------------------
Feed Your Head.

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: why_not_me]
    #8977727 - 09/24/08 10:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say it can make or break a good trip. In past experiences, certain trips helped me overcome mild heartbreak and provide a confidence boost.

--------------------

OfflineS4mm1ch
CLIT commander

Loc: Blue Light District
    #8977735 - 09/24/08 11:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

subconsciously it will still be there. i wouldn't trip until you stop worrying about the situation. Read This man, it may help you cope. http://www.yuni.com/library/docs/631.html good luck... Also if you are worried about this making you have a bad trip, most likely you will. Be smart...

--------------------
“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”

Edited by S4mm1ch (09/24/08 11:04 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #8977752 - 09/24/08 11:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'd recommend a sober (or at least almost sober) trip-sitter for a trip after such an even as a breakup. You are likely to hit some rocky spots, if not have a full-blown bad trip.

That being said...personally I find a smaller dose of any psychedelic to be very refreshing, especially after something like a breakup. I even consider bad trips to be good trip once it is over. I may be forced to look at the situation in a different light, and I may not like it.

Note - I don't recommend tripping while your mind is not at peace if you have EVER made any threatening remarks or dangerous behavior - especially while tripping. Part of this is why I said it is a good choice to have a sitter for the trip...but I think you should seriously think about the situation you will be putting your sitter in.

Oh and don't treat the trip as recreation...treat it as what it is - a healing step.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: S4mm1ch]
    #8977753 - 09/24/08 11:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

S4mm1ch said:
subconsciously it will still be there. i wouldn't trip until you stop worrying about the situation. Read This man, it may help you cope. http://www.yuni.com/library/docs/631.html good luck... Also if you are worried about this making you have a bad trip, most likely you will. Be smart...

That was a GREAT read, man. Seriously.

--------------------

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: dwtk]
    #8977783 - 09/24/08 11:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Get a new girl.  The trip will be awesome!

Invisibleplasma

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: dwtk]
    #8977786 - 09/24/08 11:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man, I'm sure a lot of us here have contemplated that same question during an experience like yours. I recently went through a very hard break up with my first love, my best friend. We met when us both were 17 and made it all the way to 19 together. Things got rocky along the way and we both decided it was time to move seperate ways for now, but maybe if feelings still existed we could rekindle sometime down the road.

When we broke up I had bought an 8th of cubes off a good friend of mine. My best friend and his girlfriend did as well. We went to the beach late around 1 am with our shrooms and ipods and whatnot. I decided I wouldn't let her get the best of me and throw me into a bad trip so I consumed them, same as my friend as his girl. That night I had the furthest from a bad trip. It was a turning point in our break up, that night I thought a lot about us and realized that it was for the better because now I can wait for someone else that would treat me better and love me more than she could. After that day I startd cultivating shrooms and still do to this day. I'm happier now and I'm just living life, relaxing and enjoying my single life because girls will always be there. Its just a matter of waiting for the one that can make you forget about her.

--------------------
splash my nuts

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: plasma]
    #8977797 - 09/24/08 11:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

plasma said:
When we broke up I had bought an 8th of cubes off a good friend of mine. My best friend and his girlfriend did as well. We went to the beach late around 1 am with our shrooms and ipods and whatnot. I decided I wouldn't let her get the best of me and throw me into a bad trip so I consumed them, same as my friend as his girl. That night I had the furthest from a bad trip.

Good advice!

Just DECIDE that you're not going to let it bring you down before/during your trip. Have control :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineKryptikTripper
Traveling at thespeed of light
Male

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: plasma]
    #8977803 - 09/24/08 11:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I just went through this a couple months back.  Was with this chick for about 5 years, split up because things were just too stressful and it didnt seem like we were getting anywhere.

I was worried about not being able to trip again because she had been me tripping buddy for said 5 years...anytime I dosed in that timeframe, so did she so I was really worried about how my first trip without her was going to play out.

I ended up going for it one night and IME it was a big step to me dealing with what had happened the weeks before.  I know I ended up in tears thinking about stuff for a bit, but by the end of it I had come to terms with shit, and realized that I didnt need her, and that I can do just fine on my own.

Like others have said Im sure it could go either way, this is just how it went for me.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: KryptikTripper]
    #8977811 - 09/24/08 11:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Trip hard enough and you realize that nothing is permanent.  People come and go.  It's all just window dressing.  We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone.

Offlineunsure
Stranger
Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: 04281969]
    #8977952 - 09/24/08 12:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i'm going through the same thing - my ex went back to her country even though neither of us wanted to end the relationship.
anyway, i've already gotten some acid but i waited till i felt the break up wasn't bothering me so much... now i'm just waiting for a few days off work to fly :smile:

i believe in  the "set and setting" for a good trip... and patience sometimes :smile:

Offlineanaxaminder
Stranger
Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: unsure]
    #8978079 - 09/24/08 12:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I always have a horrible trip when I have negative thoughts in my head. I don't recommend it.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8978578 - 09/24/08 02:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I took a ten gram trip a few days after I broke up with my long-time girlfriend.  It definitely helped provide some objective clarity to the experience, and helped me sort out of some of the issues that I was going through.

Conversely, if you're not prepared, this can also spiral you into hours of catatonic despair.  Be mindful.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinemurtymaker
Stranger

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: deCypher]
    #8980975 - 09/24/08 10:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ya it sounds 50-50. I think I will know when the time is right and be ready to just let it all out and at the end of the trip I'll still be alive.

Offlineben_dover0802
shroom addict
Male

#8982206 - 09/25/08 01:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lol i didn't know so many people tripped right after they are broken up with their girlies. I have done it too, it was totally fine when I did, but I also did the breaking up so it isn't really the same. Good luck on whatever you choose!

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #8982213 - 09/25/08 01:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i was fucking heartbroken over my 3 year relationship with this girl and it was a messy break up.  i tripped and was 100% fine and felt great from then on.  like im not depressed about it anymore.  its weird.

but i really do think that mushrooms cure depression

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Offlinegarzythebear
Stranger

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: djblackout]
    #8983475 - 09/25/08 10:53 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

gonna have to agree with most of the posts here.  my gf and i just broke up, i was pretty messed up about it.  enjoyed some ayahuasca for the first time ever the other week and it was great.  like people said, it can actually help you get over it.

Invisiblethedirtymac
Female User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: garzythebear]
    #8983525 - 09/25/08 11:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I had a really bad time when I dosed some cubes with my ex-boyfriend...like two days after we broke up and we were together for like three years(mutual decision, not messy but still really hard). It wasn't terrible...but it wasn't good either. I think as long as you're doing it yourself you will be fine, meaning without her. When tripping I become very independent and self motivated, and this could do anyone well. I think that you'll be okay as long as you're okay normally and usually trip comfortably. I hope things go well.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: Tripping after breakup? [Re: thedirtymac]
    #8987395 - 09/26/08 12:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i think us all talking about it, is makin this kids head go wild.

to the OP,

Take them.  You wont even be thinking about whats her name

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience