Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDXM Guru
DXM Fucking Sucks
Male

Anxiety......Something that can help
    #8961857 - 09/21/08 05:47 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys. I suffer from GAD and OCD. Recently ive been trying some herbs that seem to help and figured id share.

Valerian root- I tried taking 1 in the morning and 2 at night. Seems to make me tired but definitly less anxious.

KAVA KAVA- Im surprised this hasnt been made illegal. Its a mild sedative however im getting the strange feeling if i wanted to abuse it I probally could. Anyway it seems to help with anxiety

I take vitamins and stuff however today i went out and bought those and after 1 day of using them i can feel them working. Placebo? maybe to a small extent, but i can definitly "Feel" the effects of using both.

--------------------
"The important thing is to have a body doing the right actions, and your mind doing Nothing"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety......Something that can help [Re: DXM Guru]
    #8962872 - 09/21/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Kava Kava and valerian root, like you suggested.  Mushrooms.  Lay off the weed.  A couple shots of alcohol.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinepftek

Re: Anxiety......Something that can help [Re: deCypher]
    #8964286 - 09/21/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I used to have really bad anxiety. I couldn't say hello in class. I couldn't even get deli meat from the deli counter. I couldn't talk to the people.

I got over it. I went out to bars and forced myself to talk to people even if it killed me inside (I've done this for 2 years and have talked to probably 5,000 new strangers during this time). I haven't had one panic attack ever since. I have no anxiety any more. I don't take any medication any more (i was on a cocktail of drugs).

Edited by pftek (09/21/08 04:09 PM)

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: Anxiety......Something that can help *DELETED* [Re: pftek]
    #8966151 - 09/21/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Mufungo

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety......Something that can help [Re: Mufungo]
    #8968394 - 09/22/08 02:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

true you have to change your behaviors that make you feel anxious.

Don't rely on medications or herbal remedies, make a strong effort to change the behaviors that you know lead to anxious thoughts

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: Anxiety......Something that can help [Re: ManianFH]
    #8969258 - 09/22/08 06:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Medications can help you feel better as you work towards changing your behavior patterns and cognitive patterns that are symptoms of and reinforce your anxiety.  But they are not the total answer. 

St. John's Wort helped me.  I did a six week cycle of it once, and by the time 6 weeks was up, it was the best I had ever felt in my entire life, to this day.  I keep saying that I'm going to buy more, but haven't.

5-HTP helps too, but it took some time for me to get used to it.  I had to bust capsules in half and work my way up to a 1/3rd of the normal dosage, which was enough for me.  It's a precursor to Serotonin, which is 5-HT. 

Becareful with any of this  you take, especially if you start mixing them.  I warn towards Serotonin Syndrome, which you should look up.

Good luck.  You can defeat anxiety, as many have and I am currently doing.  Celebrate every little victory, and take baby steps.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

OfflineDXM Guru
DXM Fucking Sucks
Male

Re: Anxiety......Something that can help [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #8972886 - 09/23/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ya, its mainly my OCD. Thats the 'type' of anxiety thats most common for me. Truly sucks

--------------------
"The important thing is to have a body doing the right actions, and your mind doing Nothing"

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Anxiety......Something that can help [Re: DXM Guru]
    #8973914 - 09/23/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Breathing exercises FTW, i used to have terrible anxiety - it still comes back occasionally, but i fix it with some nice long deep breaths :smile:

Offlinesunflower
We're here....
Female User Gallery

Re: Anxiety......Something that can help [Re: memes]
    #8974079 - 09/23/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Andrew Weil has a great audio book on breathing. It is nice to listen to as you walk, or in the car..wherever.  I try to use his breathing techniques when I get stressed out, or start to feel myself going down that road.  They do help.  :sun:

Breathing: The Master Key to Self Healing

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules