Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

why buy more spores??
    #895094 - 09/20/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ok once you buy a set of sporesand grow from the, why do peopl keep buying more?? cant u just get the prints from those shrooms? i undersatdn buying diffrent species, but the same just wouldnt make sence :tongue:

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: why buy more spores?? *DELETED* [Re: Damn]
    #895098 - 09/20/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: blink]
    #895104 - 09/20/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

convenience, laziness, ineptitude and assurance of (almost? always) contaminant-free innoculation. my personal favorites.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: Bilge]
    #895132 - 09/20/02 06:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

so true..... hell ill probably be th ones doing it lol

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Damn]
    #895259 - 09/20/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineDETACHABLE_PENIS
Night Rider
Loc: show currently cancelled
Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: matts]
    #895277 - 09/20/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you r a NB and you fucked up, now you need more of the same species you just bought cuz your gonna do it until you get it right!

--------------------
Prepare to turbo boost.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: Damn]
    #895342 - 09/20/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

To have more so I can do more .
But yes , why not once you have one of each , keeping producing your own cultures , prints etc.... ,but throwing in a differnt strain from time to time is supposed to be better for any species of life . Diversity builds stronger genetic lines  :cool: :smirk:
Well ............at least that is what I keep telling myself !
It is not a very "natural selection' , if I am the one selecting it !  :smile: :wink: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: DETACHABLE_PENIS]
    #895369 - 09/20/02 07:56 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

so you can get diff strains, you wouldnt want to be doing JUST gts or pesas your entire cultivation life. plus its fun getting new strains i think, same principles, just different fun guys to chill with!
peace
rain :grin: 

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: Damn]
    #895379 - 09/20/02 07:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

To get different strains and to get more spores if your prints are hit by contams by some freak accident.
It is a good resource. Making your own prints and sharing them is also nice :smile:

Invisibletripndicular

Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #895401 - 09/20/02 08:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

God it is weird seeing my name attached to such a fitting signature  :smirk: to someone I just meet  :smile:. It does have a nice ring to it , does'nt it ? Now all you need is some thunderous sound effects and chanting priests in background !  :wink:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: tripndicular]
    #895409 - 09/20/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ya. It's pretty cool.
Plus it's like a free plug for you every time i post :wink:

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #895433 - 09/20/02 08:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I may be  mistaken (and I prolly am) but for those of us without a glovebox/flow hood, making spore prints and thus spore syringes is almost out of the question?

Besides, the Little guy.com RULES!!!  (ok, so I've been drinking at work again :tongue:)

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Invisibletripndicular

Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #895463 - 09/20/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I do not have any fancy gadgets , and so far ......(knocking on wood plate in my skull ) I have had none , zero contamination in 10 petris I made , poured , inocculated , and transfered . Not much exp , but nice first try so far .....I thinks !

I do have a few items that help , sterile latex gloves , surgical mask , surgical hair cap , and gowns ( I have my resources  :smirk:) , lots of elbow grease and a desire to kill any and all microorganisms that I do not want .  :tongue: You :laugh: are your biggest source of contams , so is moving air currents .

Just sterilize the hell out of your lab area , yourself , tools , and DO NOT BREATH ON THE STUFF ! Turn off all sources of air movement , including being carefull to not move too fast . You will be okay ......maybe !  :crazy:
Good luck  :cool: 

--------------------

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #895503 - 09/20/02 08:52 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dude, I live in a 200 year old farmhouse, I'm lucky if my MOLD doesnt get contaminated :tongue:

-Loop
The Funky Farmer

--------------------

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #895519 - 09/20/02 08:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>>  I may be mistaken (and I prolly am) but for those of us without a glovebox/flow hood, making spore prints and thus spore syringes is almost out of the question?

It isn't out of the question.  You should try it some time (oven tek, etc)  An aquarium turned upside down on a towel works great!  Sprayed with lysol beforehand of course  :smile:

Invisibletripndicular

#895548 - 09/20/02 09:11 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

AHH I can now clearly see that I am blind to your delema .
Rage that war on germs , I am sure you could find a way around expensive equipment . Build a mini lab out of pvc pipe (schedule 40 for strength ) and cover with plastic sheeting at least 3ml thick , then sterilize the piss out of it before and after each use !
Good luck .................Grower of mold that grows mold itself ! :cool: 

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: why buy more spores?? [Re: Frog31337]
    #895556 - 09/20/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It can not be any more critical than creating sterile growing medium , then innoculating with spores from a print , harvesting best strain , then move on to grain , then compost/poo/ bulk type substrates .

--------------------

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #895582 - 09/20/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My dilema is greater then you think!! I have NO stove, NO oven.. I have a single electric burner and a microwave untill I dont know when (the joys of being a country bumpkin!!),  However, being the son of a rather well known engineer (who like the shroomies too :wink: )  I will overcome.. I always have :laugh:

-Loop
The Funky Farmer

--------------------

OfflineSporecloud
fanatic

#897137 - 09/21/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I buy each time because I feel keeping these vendors in business is very important when I first found this board a few years ago the ONLY vendor was PF I am sure some of the old timers remember this and pf wasnt always known for being very reliable in fact at one time if you orderd from him it could take a month or more to get your order ,if at all I will give him credit though he is a great vendor now anyway out of that a few vendors emerged and then a few more and so on and most of them make customer satisfaction a high priority thats why I keep ordering from them usem or losem

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #899450 - 09/22/02 02:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds