Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8970053 - 09/22/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

polantis said:
Religion is not physical.
Religion is a belief.
A belief is a thought.
Religion therefore cannot be forced upon anyone.
To do so, would be against religion.

Both thoughts, and practices can both be forced upon people.

Force is physical.
As much as a christian thinks me to be Christian, I won't necessarily be christian.
As far as I know, the Bible doesn't state anything about 'Force thy neighbor to praise me'

As for murder,rape, theft....these are not solely religious issues. These are moral issues.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: polantis]
    #8970111 - 09/22/08 09:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

polantis said:
Religion is a belief.
A belief is a thought.

Force is physical.

Its not all that difficult, or uncommon for one person to deceive another into believing, or doing something they might not have on their own. This is true for religion as well.

Hey natives of this new continent, here take these blankets. What that you say.....why are you all getting sick and dieing? Hmmmmmm, it must be because you worship a false god, here we'll introduce you to our god, the true god, and show you how to worship him properly..........

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineNo Agenda
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere else
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #8970189 - 09/22/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

UnholyChild666 said:
Quote:

oklahomashroomer said:
Quote:

UnholyChild666 said:
Quote:

Kada said:
Don't worry, they are only christian on sundays. Thats how 95% of them are anyways.

That is what I've always felt, if someone who leads the same lifestyle and has the same personal choices as a satanist like me or even an atheist.  Truth is they fit into the the non-denominational category not the christian one.  Being a christian isn't just believing in the word of god it's living it while accepting at the same time that we are human and make mistakes rather than intentionally commit sin and say your a christian anyway because you partake in a christian church.

So I don't believe I have spoken to a person who considers themselves a satanist. That would imply that you believe what the Bible says yet you would prefer to live in damnation? I would like to know what the benifits of following such a religion are. I can understand athiests and other religions but I don't understand this.

The Church of Satan has nothing to do with devil worship or the bible nor heaven nor hell.

So I looked up the Church of Satan website and I can defenitly understand why people are drawn to it. It has some good points listed there. And it appears to follow it a person must be well disciplened. Its always interesting to see another point of view.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: No Agenda]
    #8970217 - 09/22/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The only religion that ever made true sense to me:

Fourscore and seven minutes ago, we, your forefathers, were brought forth upon a most excellent adventure conceived by our new friends, Bill and Ted. These two great gentlemen are dedicated to proposition which was true in my time, just as it's true today. Be excellent to each other. And... PARTY ON, DUDES!

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

#8970241 - 09/22/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

polantis said:
Quote:

blewmeanie said:
Quote:

polantis said:
Religion is a belief.
A belief is a thought.

Force is physical.

Its not all that difficult, or uncommon for one person to deceive another into believing, or doing something they might not have on their own. This is true for religion as well.

Hey natives of this new continent, here take these blankets. What that you say.....why are you all getting sick and dieing? Hmmmmmm, it must be because you worship a false god, here we'll introduce you to our god, the true god, and show you how to worship him properly..........

That's choice, not force. Whether deceived or making a conscious choice, it is a choice none the less.

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8970285 - 09/22/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

king kong died for your sins

--------------------

Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8970360 - 09/22/08 09:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Goddamn how i revere those christian fucks.  I live in southeast usa: 
AKA: The Bie-bell  (bible) belt with a tobacco buckle.

FUCK CHRISTIANS!  They annoy me so with their prayers and such.

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #8970371 - 09/22/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: Kada]
    #8970441 - 09/22/08 10:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2:

A friend and I were driving around one day, when we saw a sign saying 'Assembly of God.' Amazed at the fact God was on earth, and even more so at the fact there was enough god's to warrant an assembly we decided to check it out.

Turns out God wasn't there, just a bald dude in a robe telling a cool story about how the world was formed. So we listened to the mans stories. After finishing, he asked if anyone had any questions. Figuring this was a good time for discussion my friend stuck up his hand and asked...'WHAT ABOUT DINOSAURS?'

We were asked to leave very quickly. Pity cos that was a cool story.

--------------------
Jean-Paul Sartre

Edited by polantis (09/22/08 10:17 PM)

Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: Kada]
    #8970446 - 09/22/08 10:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

When Christian people tell me that they will "prey" for me:

-it makes me feel like a freshly inserted tampon into a creampied pussy.

-Like i was tied up and fucked by a chihuahua.

-Like a piece of gum that you get stuck on your shoe in the summer heat, then track all over the upholstery of your new car.

-like getting cat shit in your earhole.

-like Utterly disgusted. 
Its mostly because i know they are TRULY wasting their time on me, which is saddening.  It really makes my skin crawl when they say that.

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #8970620 - 09/22/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Funny, I'm like the opposite of many of you guys. I was raised by atheists and converted to Catholicism as an adult.  Say what you will, but I love the Church.  I'd tell the whole story of how it all happened, but its pretty long and kind of personal.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: mofo]
    #8970636 - 09/22/08 11:01 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'd be interested in hearing it. As in, what persuaded you to believe it?

I have 'a' religion. But my god, is myself. And my church, is the world.

--------------------
Jean-Paul Sartre

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
    #8970715 - 09/22/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

okay, well I started writing it, so maybe I'll finish it and post tomorrow.

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #8970748 - 09/22/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
Quote:

blewmeanie said:

That's choice, not force. Whether deceived or making a conscious choice, it is a choice none the less.

By that definition, everything is a choice, your argument is invalid.

If you exclude any other possible alternative, you force someones beliefs. A child who is born and raised in a christian household, and not exposed to any other outside perspective will believe everything it is taught. Many religions do not involve "belief", however most people raised in a christian environment cant conceptualize anything else. The idea that religion is a belief, or a thought has been forced upon you, and you dont even know it. For many religions, its all about practice. In Judaism, the very concept of faith is absurd. Someone is a jew (religiously, not racially) in the same way that a painter is a painter, or an athlete is an athlete. Its all about the set of practices that have been passed down over 3500 years. Most religions are something you practice rather than something you claim.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

#8970866 - 09/22/08 11:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I was raised in a Catholic family, and knew from a young age I didn't believe in it.

Force is physically making someone do/believe something. eg.Chaining you to a wall til you believe in "x"

But a child raised solely in a Christian community is not being forced.
If everyone around you said the sky was red, and you saw it as blue, would you just believe everyone else?

Choice IS everything, unless forced.

--------------------
Jean-Paul Sartre

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: McMoney]
    #8970972 - 09/23/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

McMoney said:
yes and they also think that if you are NOT chirstian your gonna go to hell and suffer your entire after life...

That fear based tactic is based on a lie and a misunderstanding of scripture due to poor translation, a lack of understanding of Jewish culture during the time of Christ, and a desire to control people, with #3 being the predominant reason.

As a Christian, based on both what the bible actually says (not to mention when I look at butterflies,  jasmine flowers and what creation actually suggests to me about God's true nature) is that there is no such thing as hell for any human being. This is a FACT.

I don't look down on anyone who doesn't believe in God, questions about "why are we here" and "the meaning of life" have been on men's minds since the dawn of time. Some conclude that there is no God, and that's understandable considering lives dramatically different situations. But I cannot see how it helps in any way to badger and threaten people who draw these conclusions. If God truly is a Father, why would he set this all up and condemn those who come to the "wrong" conclusion?? (atheists play along with me here) The answer is He wouldn't.

I'm a messed up human father, and seeing my children suffer is indescribably worse than my own suffering. And this God that is supposed to be love, perfect love, supposedly takes pleasure in not only our temporary suffering here on earth, but is going to have an eternal perfect party without almost NONE of his children with him, but who are rather suffering the worst misery imaginable? Come on. No.

I have quite a few atheist friends, and after hearing their stories of encounters with "Christians" (not to mention my own) I understand why such angry words are used against a group of people who on one hand say that God is love, and on the other basically state that everyone is pretty much going to burn in an awful pit forever who's not like them.

These are my beliefs, and while they may not be yours, please know that not all of us represent such horrible beliefs.

Peace.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: whattheheck]
    #8971439 - 09/23/08 02:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

suprising number of christians on the shroomery
let me just say that i am one of those number as well

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery

Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8971446 - 09/23/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

They're bible thumping republican freaks. 

Religion is the scourge of the world.

--------------------
:awesome:

Invisibleblewmeanie

Folding@home Statistics
    #8971766 - 09/23/08 06:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
I was raised in a Catholic family, and knew from a young age I didn't believe in it.

Force is physically making someone do/believe something. eg.Chaining you to a wall til you believe in "x"

But a child raised solely in a Christian community is not being forced.
If everyone around you said the sky was red, and you saw it as blue, would you just believe everyone else?

Choice IS everything, unless forced.

Now your just falling upon semantics, I've clearly demonstrated that your point is flawed. Continue to believe it if you like:shrug:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Re: Americans seem very christian???? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8971797 - 09/23/08 07:04 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Zinglons Acolyte said:
suprising number of christians on the shroomery
let me just say that i am one of those number as well

but then again a lot of Christians would say if you do drugs your not one.

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale