Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkeeblix
Dave Thomas
Male

Loc: Wendy's
Re: old shrooms loose potency?? [Re: MushHunter08]
    #8966375 - 09/22/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No, I wasn't being condescending, don't get a 'tude with me. You're the only one being any kind of demeaning here by acting difficult for little or no reason when presented with information.

The problem lies in the fact that all information on this kind of thing is subjective. Do you have a gas chromatograph to analyze the psilocybin content of mushrooms with? Neither do 99% of people who post here, and those who do have access to such things aren't dumb enough to try and run samples of illegal materials in a lab that they don't own.

There's nothing outside of subjective reports to substantiate the potency vs. harvest time debate in any direction. Most people will tell you that they notice no significant difference either way. Genetics is the main contributing factor to potency, and always will be.

--------------------
This post approved by:

Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

Loc: B.F.E
Re: old shrooms loose potency?? [Re: apostle11]
    #8966396 - 09/22/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

paradis said:
I would like you to prove that they do.

Ok here ya go for starters.

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:
The reason that 'around the time the veil breaks' is the best time to harvest is because the ratio of psilocybin to fruit body mass is the greatest. After that time the amount of psilocybin remains the same but the mushroom gains more mass, ie: less potent per gram.

And a quote from RR...

"Smaller fruits have more active product per gram than larger ones, so try to produce larger flushes of smaller fruits."

Do you want me to continue?

--------------------
"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough."
-William Blake-

The most simple method of growing mushrooms:
www.mushroomvideos.com

MultiSync's lazy bastard print/syringe guide

Edited by MushHunter08 (09/22/08 12:48 AM)

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966410 - 09/22/08 12:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You just admitted he was right, Jesus fuckin' Christ!

It has the same potency throughout the entire mushroom, it's just not as condensed as it would be if you'd picked it earlier.  Therefore you're eating more mushroom, but the same amount of the damned chemical.

Translation:
Per Gram of mushrooms = LESS potency.
Per TOTAL Mushroom = SAME potency.

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

Re: old shrooms loose potency?? [Re: Hallucinogenist]
    #8966440 - 09/22/08 01:01 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So by your logic Hallucinogenist If I were to eat 1 mushroom that weighed 5 grams vs five mushrooms that weighed one gram each I would trip the same??? :banghead:

--------------------
"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough."
-William Blake-

www.mushroomvideos.com

OfflineSkeeblix
Dave Thomas
Male

Loc: Wendy's
    #8966441 - 09/22/08 01:02 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You'd do well to stop being so confrontational. Nobody here is trying to make you look like an idiot, stop taking the internet so seriously. If you're wrong, you're wrong, if you're not, you're not. You don't need to come stir up a big shitstorm trying to defend something you have no empirical evidence of while acting like we all just called you a dumbass.

Nobody did anything like that. I've been told I come across as condescending before in this forum, and I try not to sound that way, but I type in a style that emphasizes completeness and clarity. I go into a lot of detail when I have the knowledge and expertise to do so, and when I don't know what's going on, I say so. I'm not here to be nice, I'm here to give what knowledge I do have back to those who will accept it.

I do my best to provide the most accurate information I can given what I know, and that's it.

To return to topic, there's no empirical evidence of that. I know RR's word is regarded as Holy Gospel around here, and I do respect what he shares, but I have done my own independent research and have seen no empirical, reproducible data to accurately identify a correlation between fruitbody psilocybin content and harvest time.

--------------------
This post approved by:

Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966468 - 09/22/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushHunter08 said:
So by your logic Hallucinogenist If I were to eat 1 mushroom that weighed 5 grams vs five mushrooms that weighed one gram each I would trip the same??? :banghead:

No, by MY logic, if that mushroom had 10 mg of psilocybin, it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 5 grams, it's still 10 mg of psilocybin. 

Here, let me do the best I can do to paint a picture:
For simplicity's sake, we'll say a mushroom has 10mg of psilocybin.

If that mushroom is 1 gram, then it has a 10mg:1g ratio of psilocybin.  HOWEVER, if that mushroom grows to 5 grams, the psilocybin is spread out, resulting in 2mg:1g ratio of psilocybin.  So, it may seem to the simple-minded like it's lost potency, but math reveals, it's still 10mg of psilocybin in the damned mushroom.

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

Re: old shrooms loose potency?? [Re: Skeeblix]
    #8966473 - 09/22/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Skeeblix said:
You'd do well to stop being so confrontational. Nobody here is trying to make you look like an idiot, stop taking the internet so seriously. If you're wrong, you're wrong, if you're not, you're not. You don't need to come stir up a big shitstorm trying to defend something you have no empirical evidence of while acting like we all just called you a dumbass.

Nobody did anything like that. I've been told I come across as condescending before in this forum, and I try not to sound that way, but I type in a style that emphasizes completeness and clarity. I go into a lot of detail when I have the knowledge and expertise to do so, and when I don't know what's going on, I say so. I'm not here to be nice, I'm here to give what knowledge I do have back to those who will accept it.

I do my best to provide the most accurate information I can given what I know, and that's it.

To return to topic, there's no empirical evidence of that. I know RR's word is regarded as Holy Gospel around here, and I do respect what he shares, but I have done my own independent research and have seen no empirical, reproducible data to accurately identify a correlation between fruitbody psilocybin content and harvest time.

You are misunderstanding my attempt here Skeeblix. I truly could care less if anyone thinks I am a moron or not. What I do care about is misinformation. While your studies have not proven what I feel is true. I don't want a bunch of people running around saying "OH MY GOD, I just ate a 10 gram shroom and I am going to be tripping harder then anyone who ate the same amount of a smaller shroom with more active content then my giant monster shroom!" It just doesn't make sense....

--------------------
-William Blake-

www.mushroomvideos.com

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966477 - 09/22/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I should note that what I just said is EXACTLY what RR was saying.  In other words, RR was agreeing with Dave Thomas over there.

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

#8966482 - 09/22/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hallucinogenist said:
Quote:

MushHunter08 said:

No, by MY logic, if that mushroom had 10 mg of psilocybin, it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 5 grams, it's still 10 mg of psilocybin. 

Here, let me do the best I can do to paint a picture:
For simplicity's sake, we'll say a mushroom has 10mg of psilocybin.

If that mushroom is 1 gram, then it has a 10mg:1g ratio of psilocybin.  HOWEVER, if that mushroom grows to 5 grams, the psilocybin is spread out, resulting in 2mg:1g ratio of psilocybin.  So, it may seem to the simple-minded like it's lost potency, but math reveals, it's still 10mg of psilocybin in the damned mushroom.

Ok then I volunteer you to eat a 5 gram shroom and then eat 5 one gram shrooms and you tell me what trip was better.

--------------------
-William Blake-

www.mushroomvideos.com

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966484 - 09/22/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushHunter08 said:I don't want a bunch of people running around saying "OH MY GOD, I just ate a 10 gram shroom and I am going to be tripping harder then anyone who ate the same amount of a smaller shroom with more active content then my giant monster shroom!" It just doesn't make sense....

Okay, think for a minute...  if someone ate a 10 gram shroom, and someone ate the SAME amount (10 grams) of "a smaller shroom", that means they just ate MORE THAN ONE SHROOM and that gives the illusion of more potency.

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

#8966493 - 09/22/08 01:15 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

"Okay, think for a minute...  if someone ate a 10 gram shroom, and someone ate the SAME amount (10 grams) of "a smaller shroom", that means they just ate MORE THAN ONE SHROOM and that gives the illusion of more potency."

Um no, smaller shrooms w/ more active material will not give the illusion that they are more potent. They will seem more potent because they are....

--------------------
-William Blake-

www.mushroomvideos.com

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966494 - 09/22/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It's not because the smaller were more potent, it's because you ate a larger QUANTITY OF MUSHROOMS!!!  I'll do that, but I gaurantee you, if you ate a 1 gram shroom, and a 5 gram shroom from the same flush, it'd give you the same exact high.  Why?  Because they have the same amount of psilocybin. 

You're not talking about the potency. 

Potency decrease based on size/age would imply that eating just THAT ONE SHROOM before it fully matures will give you a harder trip.  No, it's the fact that you're gonna eat 4 more with it to make up for the lack of mass.

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966497 - 09/22/08 01:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No, it's because you just ate 5 mushrooms instead of 1.  THAT'S the point.  You're not talking about potency, you're defending quantity, and NO ONE's arguing that 5 mushrooms trips harder than one.

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966504 - 09/22/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You'll have a higher volume of psilocybin PER GRAM in smaller mushrooms, but you'll have an equal volume PER MUSHROOM in smaller mushrooms.

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

#8966521 - 09/22/08 01:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hallucinogenist said:
No, it's because you just ate 5 mushrooms instead of 1.  THAT'S the point.  You're not talking about potency, you're defending quantity, and NO ONE's arguing that 5 mushrooms trips harder than one.

What if that one mushroom weighed 5 grams? Wouldn't it be exactly the same potency as the 5 if your thinking holds true. This is what I am disagreeing with. Like I said, if you are so sure of your thinking then why don't you eat a 5 gram shroom and trip. Then eat 5 one gram shrooms since the mass is exactly the same, and you tell me what trip was better.

--------------------
-William Blake-

www.mushroomvideos.com

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
    #8966527 - 09/22/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushHunter08 said:
Quote:

paradis said:

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:
The reason that 'around the time the veil breaks' is the best time to harvest is because the ratio of psilocybin to fruit body mass is the greatest. After that time the amount of psilocybin remains the same but the mushroom gains more mass, ie: less potent per gram.

And a quote from RR...

"Smaller fruits have more active product per gram than larger ones, so try to produce larger flushes of smaller fruits."

Continue what?

All you did was post something some dude named "Mr. Penguin" said, and pasted an opinion of RR.

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966533 - 09/22/08 01:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No, my thinking holds that the 5 gram mushroom and ONE OF THE FIVE other mushrooms because they both contain the same amount of psilocybin.  The 5 one-gram mushrooms will be harder than the 1 five-gram mushroom, because you're eating 5 whole mushrooms instead of 1.

You're not trippin harder because of the potency, you're tripping harder because you're eating more mushrooms.

It's not losing psilocybin because it's growing larger, the psilocybin is just spread out through a larger area due to the mushroom's mass increase.

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

Re: old shrooms loose potency?? [Re: John Nada]
    #8966536 - 09/22/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

paradis said:
Quote:

MushHunter08 said:
Quote:

paradis said:

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:

And a quote from RR...

Continue what?

All you did was post something some dude named "Mr. Penguin" said, and pasted an opinion of RR.

You fail at reading. Now I am being confrontational. :hehehe:

--------------------
-William Blake-

www.mushroomvideos.com

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

#8966545 - 09/22/08 01:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hallucinogenist said:
No, my thinking holds that the 5 gram mushroom and ONE OF THE FIVE other mushrooms because they both contain the same amount of psilocybin.  The 5 one-gram mushrooms will be harder than the 1 five-gram mushroom, because you're eating 5 whole mushrooms instead of 1.

You're not trippin harder because of the potency, you're tripping harder because you're eating more mushrooms.

It's not losing psilocybin because it's growing larger, the psilocybin is just spread out through a larger area due to the mushroom's mass increase.

You and I are going to have to agree to disagree here. I'm just wasting key strokes at this point.

--------------------
-William Blake-

www.mushroomvideos.com

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8966552 - 09/22/08 01:37 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Obviously we will-- even the people you're quoting to defend your point, their statements agree with me.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds