Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Religion a part of politics? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #904637 - 09/24/02 01:27 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Please Rail Gun, trust me when I tell you that people knew BEFORE Moses went up the mountain taht killing or stealing from others wasn't good. If you believe otherwise then I feel sorry for you.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Religion a part of politics? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #904968 - 09/24/02 02:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

There is no morality without religion.

Now Rail_Gun, you know I'm generally on the same side as you are, but that's just wrong. I'm an atheist and I can assure you I'm far more moral than many church goers I know. Simply going to church and believing in God and religon does not make one moral Nor does not believing in God make one immoral.

As for laws.... if it harms another, it should be illegal. If it affects no one but yourself, it should be legal. That's as moral as it needs to be as far as I'm concerned.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Religion a part of politics? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #905010 - 09/24/02 03:06 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

These truly must be the end days...I agree with Luvdem.  Somebody kill me now... :wink:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Religion a part of politics? [Re: Rono]
    #905025 - 09/24/02 03:12 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Somebody kill me now

Well, if you're sure that's what you want.

:grin:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

Re: Religion a part of politics? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #905804 - 09/24/02 10:32 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Anybody feel religion should have some influence upon politics?
Absolutly Not.
Will It? Of course, most People cant seperate their Religious Beliefs from their Moral Beliefs. This is why People think it is Ok to kill in the  Name of God - Just pick a Culture - God has been used more times than not as a Sheild to justify the Politics of War -
I believe a person can be Moral, and NonReligious at teh Same time. I am not affilaited with  the 'Big 3" yet I adhere to a value of Morals that guide me. Of couse my Morals are skewed due to my persoanl beliefs, my intelect, and gut feeling .But to Joe Q. Public, I 'act' like a proper catholic, or what ever belief system s/he beleives in. My Spiritual heart may come into play when making a descision - yet I rely on reason, and facts to make the final call.
Unless Im on the rag!  :grin:
-OoD

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
Re: Religion a part of politics? [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #906369 - 09/25/02 01:57 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

An important similarity in the scriptures of Islam and Christianity is the fact that both Jesus and Mohammed were seeking alternatives to political turmoil and class society. Mecca had problems originating from struggles between a poverty-stricken working class and a much smaller group of wealthy merchants, while Roman intrusion into the Jewish society caused political upheavals in Judea. Jesus and Mohammed were both poverty-stricken and criticized the very wealthy who were in power. Both taught human equality, and advocated a more even distribution of wealth.

Ironically, these religions were later used to justify class society, exploitation, and wars of aggression. Those at the top of the social hierarchy quickly promoted these belief systems and used them as political tools.

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Edited by Lallafa (09/25/02 01:59 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion