Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDa_GoTTi
Stranger
Operation "eBay Blackout" - 2008 Holiday Season!
    #8963918 - 09/21/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Original Referencing Site: http://www.strikebay.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500

This is the time we can really hurt ebay and take the wind out of the their sail. striking this holiday season will cost them more then they wanted to bargain for.

Starting October 1st, and Ending it on Jan 1, lets do it again! I know it will be difficult to do so, being it is the most craziest time of the year for sales and ebay is still holding as the largest marketplace online, but there are other places out there (most of the large ones are on the forums here) and you can market to other places easily. ebay is NOT needed anymore and we can prove that to them this year.

spread the word, and lets hold down our position, not giving up or giving into ebays greed, their fee structure hikes, and show them that we just dont need them as much as they think we do.

so what do we have to do to not give into ebay? just dont buy and sell things on ebay at all.
dont use paypal, period. by doing these small changes, all of us, we can do a lot.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Operation "eBay Blackout" - 2008 Holiday Season! [Re: Da_GoTTi]
    #8963924 - 09/21/08 02:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I like ebay and paypal....

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisiblemagicbastard
I'm a teapot

Re: Operation "eBay Blackout" - 2008 Holiday Season! [Re: circularvortex]
    #8963941 - 09/21/08 02:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Your a fucking idiot:crankey: you probably boycott gas stations too

OfflineFruitboot
Stranger
    #8963947 - 09/21/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I love eBay.  Fuck you.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #8963954 - 09/21/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah what's wrong with eBay?  It IS as service, and services aren't free, but it sure beats buying from walmart.

OfflineDa_GoTTi
Stranger
Re: Operation "eBay Blackout" - 2008 Holiday Season! [Re: Fruitboot]
    #8963956 - 09/21/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

u prolly like ebay because ur a buyer and not a seller. the purpose of this is to help sellers keep cost down, which keep the price down for buyers.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Operation "eBay Blackout" - 2008 Holiday Season! [Re: Fruitboot]
    #8963963 - 09/21/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I am officially making it a point to buy all my gifts on ebay year.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8963969 - 09/21/08 02:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, some of their fees are getting a little high, but you're paying for the massive market you're advertising to by selling with them.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord
Loc: A Church
Re: Operation [Re: Da_GoTTi]
    #8963978 - 09/21/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I like eBay because they integrated with leadsonline.com and their sister site leadsonlabs.com, and they obtain all information from buyers of lab and hydroponic equipment on eBay, store it in databases, what happens after that I don't know.

Don't listen to me though, these are just paranoid ramblings of an idiot, of course eBay respects people's privacy at all costs.

Edit: Forgot about the dedicated law enforcement login that allows you to search items searched for and purchased by buyers and items listed by sellers within your jurisdiction. Along with the usual info they have access to name on file, address on file, IP history and search history. Of course the usual disclaimer applies, this is just ramblings of a crazy person, I made all this up.

Edited by Chemy (09/21/08 03:09 PM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #8964033 - 09/21/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Da_GoTTi said:
Original Referencing Site: http://www.strikebay.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500

This is the time we can really hurt ebay and take the wind out of the their sail. striking this holiday season will cost them more then they wanted to bargain for.

Starting October 1st, and Ending it on Jan 1, lets do it again! I know it will be difficult to do so, being it is the most craziest time of the year for sales and ebay is still holding as the largest marketplace online, but there are other places out there (most of the large ones are on the forums here) and you can market to other places easily. ebay is NOT needed anymore and we can prove that to them this year.

spread the word, and lets hold down our position, not giving up or giving into ebays greed, their fee structure hikes, and show them that we just dont need them as much as they think we do.

so what do we have to do to not give into ebay? just dont buy and sell things on ebay at all.
dont use paypal, period. by doing these small changes, all of us, we can do a lot.

no.  ebay is my friend.  :crankey:

--------------------

OfflineVibrate
with me

#8964035 - 09/21/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I sell on ebay. I like ebay. This helps no one.

--------------------
I love you

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Operation [Re: Chemy]
    #8964046 - 09/21/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
I like eBay because they integrated with leadsonline.com and their sister site leadsonlabs.com, and they obtain all information from buyers of lab and hydroponic equipment on eBay, store it in databases, what happens after that I don't know.

Don't listen to me though, these are just paranoid ramblings of an idiot, of course eBay respects people's privacy at all costs.

Edit: Forgot about the dedicated law enforcement login that allows you to search items searched for and purchased by buyers and items listed by sellers within your jurisdiction. Along with the usual info they have access to name on file, address on file, IP history and search history. Of course the usual disclaimer applies, this is just ramblings of a crazy person, I made all this up.

YIKES!!

Good thing I buy my lab glass from the crazy guy behind best buy.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Operation [Re: Chemy]
    #8964049 - 09/21/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:

:wink:

InvisibleDieCommie

#8964165 - 09/21/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, ebay is great.  But the time is coming where there needs to be more competition between online auction sites.

PayPal however is completely horrible, and now ebay is forcing all their business to go through paypal.  Not cool.

OfflineDa_GoTTi
Stranger
Re: Operation [Re: DieCommie]
    #8964303 - 09/21/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Yea, ebay is great.  But the time is coming where there needs to be more competition between online auction sites.

PayPal however is completely horrible, and now ebay is forcing all their business to go through paypal.  Not cool.

that is 1 of the largest problems us sellers are having.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#8964332 - 09/21/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, I used to sell on ebay alot.  It was great.  But the last year they have turned real hostile towards sellers, so I dont patronize them as much.

Still, they are better than brick and mortar crap stores.

OfflineDa_GoTTi
Stranger
    #8965435 - 09/21/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
Yeah, some of their fees are getting a little high, but you're paying for the massive market you're advertising to by selling with them.

the massive market? if you owned a store online, and sold lamps. instead of someone going to ebay to find lamps, and they went to google or yahoo and typed lamps in the search engine, and you put a bid for ads to be at the top for say $.35 per click so you can have top rank, it only cost you 35 cents to advertise to the 1 customer if they click that link and come to your .com store and buy it, instead of costing you $4 a listing and no guarantee to sell.

ebay USE to be good to find things online, but with the world of online marketing, advertising, and ecommerce, it really isnt hard to advertise your site at an affordable way.

--------------------

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#8965451 - 09/21/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

If people didn't want to use eBay, it wouldn't exist.

The masses have spoken...

InvisibleMankey
Male

#8965529 - 09/21/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Da_GoTTi said:
the most craziest time of the year

GRAMMAR!!!! :banghead:

Offlinewatchoutnow
mind'sonrecord/itsbeingviewed
 User Gallery

Re: Operation "eBay Blackout" - 2008 Holiday Season! [Re: Mankey]
    #8965551 - 09/21/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

LOL that came from left field.

What about amazon?

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies