Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects?
    #8952274 - 09/18/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Wondering if it's just me and if this has anything to do with weed? I went to the doctor today and it seems like I'm healthy but for some reason my muscles feel really weird lately and I also feel I've gotten extremely skinny in the past summer , I've been blazing for around 2 years straight on average 3-5 days a week.

Anyway just wondering if any long time blazers have ever felt physically unusual from thc?

Also another theory is that maybe all my "smoking" is messing with my body, so I'm gonna stick to edibles and vaporizer for awhile. If not though I would like to know cause hitting my bong right now is very tempting

This might just all be in my head , but I'm curious to see if anyone else has heard of such a thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsilocybinMind
Herb Nerd

Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: skatealex2]
    #8952321 - 09/18/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if it was Cannabis but once I started smoking I started losing weight and went from 260 to 170 over about 2 years with no change in diet and exercise. I went to the doctor thinking I had some weird disease, and I checked out fine in everything including nutrient uptake. Maybe Cannabis makes your metabolism faster?

--------------------

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: PsilocybinMind]
    #8952348 - 09/18/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Intresting, that's kind of how I feel.  I actually went to hospital at 12 last night to get blood work because I got really paranoid that I might have something (when I was high off a firecracker!!).
(altho my pth was low so that influenced my decision too and after reading about what that could be online i got really paranoid,  turned out to be nothing, i have one more appointment tommorow but the doctor thinks im fine)

another idea i was thinking of is that maybe long term weed usage can cause muscle loss or something, maybe not in a deadly way or anything but I feel slightly tweaky sometimes)

InvisiblePsilocybinMind
Herb Nerd

Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: skatealex2]
    #8952383 - 09/18/08 10:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, sometimes I will be completely baked and I'll get a really sharp pain somewhere and think something is wrong and I end up psyching myself out.

--------------------

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #8952528 - 09/18/08 11:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

When i used to smoke a lot i was always really skinny. When i stopped i put on weight. Sometimes when im high i get weird pain in the muscles around my shoulders.

OfflineJohnP
Why?
Male User Gallery
    #8952556 - 09/18/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The chemicals and nano fibers that the government spray on us makes my muscles ache and twitch. It makes smoking extremely intense like I am going to have a heart attack. I don't smoke pot anymore.

It does all sorts of weird stuff to your energy, metabolism, protein synthesis and neurotransmitters.

Edited by JohnP (09/18/08 11:34 PM)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #8952665 - 09/18/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've never had any weird muscle effects from cannabis smoking, but the weight thing I can relate to.  Myself, and several people I know lost weight after starting to smoke cannabis daily.  Not sure exactly why it happens, but I've seen it in several people (all male, for what it's worth). 

Now that I'm not smoking every day, I hope I don't have to start watching my diet more closely :albundy:
Then again, I'm working out daily now, so hopefully that'll offset any potential difference in metabolism.

OfflineCaptainTrips
What better time than now?
Male

Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8953738 - 09/19/08 07:46 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Haha...after my 2 years I gained a lot (I munch HARD).  I do get this weird muscle thing when I walk sometimes, but it's not too bad.

--------------------
|| All that is now, all that is gone, all that's to come, and everything under the sun is in tune; the sun is eclipsed by the moon ||

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #8953752 - 09/19/08 07:54 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

THC has zero effect on your physical body... It's a brain chemical thingy...

It may make you BEHAVE in ways that are unhealthy, like eating an entire bag of marshmallows with a 2 liter of soda, but the THC itself doesn't bother your body.

Smoking and inhaling it may bother your lungs and throat, but won't cause muscle loss or other crazy side effects... I blame INSANE government propaganda campaigns on making people think weed is destroying you, but it's not.

Learn to control the munchies... I've LOST weight and maintain a decent healthy diet (with the occasional treat), smoking daily for years. :shrug:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #8953760 - 09/19/08 08:02 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

some types make all my muscles tense up (especially in the jaw/neck/back areas).  although that could be related to years of orthodontic work for treating TMJ

but sometimes it gets my arms or legs too

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: demiu5]
    #8953832 - 09/19/08 08:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like it could be a mild form of TMS. Does it cause mild pain? Do you have mild anxiety over it?

If this is the case then it is the weed causing your subconscious to want to be let out. However you have repressed emotions your conscious is completely unaware of in your subconscious that threaten to spill into your concious to be let out. Most of the time the emotion is rage.

Your subconscious doesn't want this to happen so instead it starts to cut off the oxygen supply to your muscles as a distraction. Try letting your feelings flow and focusing on the psychological not the physcial next time you smoke it. Overcoming this is a battle with your subconscious. Try telling yourself; "I know what you are doing and i will not have it" and actually forcefully saying "Increase the blood flow/oxygen supply to my muscles".

I used to have a pretty damn painful form of this. A helpful book if it gets severe is the "mindbody prescription" by John Sarno. This cured me. Most body pain and a variety of other ailments is due to this.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8953837 - 09/19/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting--this seems totally counterintuitive, especially when you consider that anandamides enhance food intake (a la munchies.)

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: deCypher]
    #8954323 - 09/19/08 11:20 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I think I heard this on this forum, but I can't remember. Anyway it should not be taken in any form as a fact, but I heard that food is not as absorbed as much when you smoke weed so more food just passes through you and you shit more. This, if true, would explain the loss of weight and how I can eat a fuckload of food when I'm high and never gain any weight too. Again, I don't even have an opinion on this, I have no facts to back it up, just a theory I heard and I can't remember where they got that idea from.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #8956165 - 09/19/08 06:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
THC has zero effect on your physical body... It's a brain chemical thingy...

there are cannabinoid receptors elsewhere in the body than the brain, there are receptors in the digestive tract and on sperm if im not mistaken

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlinegurknel
GuRkNeL

Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8956263 - 09/19/08 07:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I get muscle twitches when smoking, and sometimes for a few days after, they are very minor though.

--------------------
:cheech: :chong: :flyhigh: :lsd: :jah:

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: gurknel]
    #8956307 - 09/19/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've gone from 170 to 150 this summer. I only get stoned about 3 or 4 times a month and I really don't think that Cannabis has been the cause of my weight loss. It's been more like lazyness and not eating enough meals a day.

But it does seem that ever since using Cannabis, I've never had as big of an appetite. I don't know if it really is the weed causing it or not but whatever.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Any long time tokers ever get weird physical/muscle effects? [Re: Nihlus]
    #8956328 - 09/19/08 07:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thats the same with me, plus food seems to go through my digestive tract faster

also i tend to eat when im bored, so when im stoned i can make my own fun a lot easier than sober, and dont think about being hungry. as a result i eat less (unless i get started eating. then i munch like a madman)

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder