Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
Fesh VS Dried
    #8955218 - 09/19/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

So, I am wanting to know if it is worth taking fresh mushrooms over dried. I have done them between 20 and 25 times, so I guess I could be considered experienced. I am looking to reach a level 4... perhaps touch a 5. I love being able to be just completely gone, away from this world. Mushroom voayages are my heaven, and my escape... Which doesn't happen often. I can take 4 grams dried and be pretty fucking good. So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: misos]
    #8955230 - 09/19/08 02:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Last time I hit level 5 was off 45 wet grams. I took a shot of lemon juice with it. Oh my god it was insane how hard I was tripping. I prefer wet over dry anytime of the day, not only because it's better but having wet shrooms is something a lot of people don't get to experience

OfflineShroom_dancer
Stranger

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: plasma]
    #8955243 - 09/19/08 02:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I would rather have them dried. Wet is like 90% water anyway and you have to eat such a bigger amount. I'd rather eat 4 grams of something vs. 40 grams anyday.

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: Shroom_dancer]
    #8955246 - 09/19/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

If you don't want to eat wet shrooms then blend them with OJ.. no big deal

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Loc: 'merica
Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: Shroom_dancer]
    #8955249 - 09/19/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

fresh mushrooms make me want to puke, just eat em dry.

--------------------
The Gospel

OfflineCrabmeat
Mycoholic
Male

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: DoseMeHomie]
    #8955256 - 09/19/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Only personal preference can determine that for you.  Use the dosage calculator on the site.

--------------------
Trade Prints Trade Needles

OfflineShroom_dancer
Stranger

#8955257 - 09/19/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I can't get wet shrooms anyway. I've never even seen a wet shroom

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: Crabmeat]
    #8955272 - 09/19/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

no, fresh cubensis are gross

--------------------
The Gospel

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#8955278 - 09/19/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Fresh is da bes!

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: Crabmeat]
    #8955291 - 09/19/08 03:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I have never, to this point, come close to even feeling remotely ill while taking them dry. And the calc tells me to take about 34 grams wet. Obviously. I have never tried them wet, but have ready access to them.. More opinions and experiences? THANKS!

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #8955292 - 09/19/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have eaten fresh cubes and dried cubes.

If you are going to blend the mushrooms with lemon/orange juice anyway, there is really little difference in taste. Yes the wet ones have more water, but I didn't notice a significant difference in taste.

You can also just chew them up and eat them. Personally I eat raw edible mushrooms with some melted butter, salt and ground pepper. I love them. Magic mushrooms are just another mushroom like edible mushrooms... If you can bring yourself to eat a raw mushroom you can eat a fresh cubensis mushroom, no problem.

As for the experience, I can't really say if it was better or worse or what... since usually the dried mushrooms I taken no more than a month after harvest, and were stored in the freezer.

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #8955298 - 09/19/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

edible mushrooms taste far better fresh, then cubensis!!

--------------------
The Gospel

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#8955300 - 09/19/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah. The ones that I get are usually stored the same way and taken within a week of harvest. I LOVE FRESH MUSHROOMS, especially with some ranch dip. MM MMMM tasty. Hmm. I wonder if it would be worth taking them fresh over dried. The ones I have dried now are only a week old. I will be able to have some more fresher ones by then end of the week, which is when I will be taking them.

--------------------

Stranger

#8955324 - 09/19/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's mostly texture that people don't like to be honest. Cubes tend to have this really fibrous stem that isn't really that chewy. Compare that to a shiitake, the stem is chewy and the texture of the cap is chewy too. Cubes just taste different, not worse. I mean they don't taste bad like peyote, which is really bitter.

Things that are naturally bad tasting are usually really bitter, sour or they burn your mouth.

Offlinewillowmp
Medical Psychedelic Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

#8955346 - 09/19/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

fresh cubies are gross. that taste makes me gag.

--------------------
"Fuck it too much Im outta wittbhjkhbhkjsrglhkrgl g I DEE JEUD."
-Because it made sense on xanax and booze...

Stranger

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: willowmp]
    #8955355 - 09/19/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

But they aren't bitter or sour. They don't burn your mouth.

Some people don't like fish and it makes them gag. But a lot of people like fish, too.

Offlinewillowmp
Male User Gallery

#8955366 - 09/19/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yea they arn't bitter or sour or burn the mouth. that doesn't mean it doesn't taste like shit and makes you gag though :projectile:

--------------------

Stranger

#8955367 - 09/19/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well they certainly don't smell like shit. They smell kinda nice! :cool:

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8955541 - 09/19/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

willowmp said:

You should try fresh weilii they are the worst tasting mushroom I have ever tasted.

Fresh are always more potent but can cause more stomach issues, I like mine dried, powdered, and put in capsules.

I find this method to be the easiest on my stomach, ive read your body has a hard time digesting fresh psilocybes which is why people puke on them or get nauseous.

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

#8955839 - 09/19/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

willowmp said:

--------------------
The Gospel

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

#8955927 - 09/19/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

fresh mushies are the bomb.  a little slimy, but that's the worst of it.

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: thatiAM]
    #8955938 - 09/19/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

fresh cubes taste like they smell, terrible

--------------------
The Gospel

Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

#8956424 - 09/19/08 08:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

... I think they smell kinda good.? :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineAlpacalypse
Psilocybelief
 User Gallery

#8958552 - 09/20/08 11:33 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've always found the fresh experience to be noticeably better and preferred...

IME, fresh gave me stronger visuals, more complex visuals, and overall better trips.

Fresh also tends to give me MUCH more spiritual type experiences. The only out-of-body experiences I've had on mushrooms have been on fresh ones, same as most of the significantly "big" spiritual experiences I've had on mushrooms.

With dry there seems to be a "quality" missing... but it's not major and may not even be directly related to strength.

Some claim its the higher amounts of psilocin in the freshies as apposed to the dry ones, I buy it.

--------------------
    :sunny:        :sunny:   

Edited by Alpacalypse (09/20/08 09:03 PM)

Offlinewillowmp
Male User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: Alpacalypse]
    #8958577 - 09/20/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

but you have to take into consideration that even if there was a slight difference are you really going to be able to tell.

most likely not.

--------------------

Offlinejohnuk
Strangerlove
    #8958601 - 09/20/08 11:53 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've found fresh to be more visual as well. Mmmm, I'm not sure if that's the right way of saying it actually.

I'm not sure it's because there's more psilocin in them either, psilocybin is metabolised to psilocin once it gets inside you. So unless there's quite a bit of psilocin in the wet ones that gets oxidised during drying, it shouldn't be that.

I'm sure these two aren't the only things doing something in there. Beocystin is already known - there may be more. Basically, no one really gives enough to be bothered investigating precisely what is and isn't psychoactive in things like this, so for all we know, something in them is being broken down during the drying time that doesn't necessarily destroy their effects, but somehow alters the qualities of them.

I've seen neon people floating over me after just two or so small and wet mushrooms. At the same time, I've taken over a quarter of solid dry mushrooms and had intense visuals, but not 2D/3D visualisations of people on walls and in the air - mainly just faces.

Between now and then, however, I have also pounded my brain with a small mountain of weed, pills and a mix of other things. So it's possible I'm just much more used to it.

I've had some deep experiences with just those few small fresh mushrooms - having childhood like experiences and memories of feelings show themselves again. But my recent big dose also had a touching sense to it, it was just different.

The lack of continuity in the sensations experienced with different batches and innoculations suggests to me that there is a significant difference in the exact chemical signature of the psychedelics present in each mushroom. Of coarse, there are some continually reoccuring effects, the visuals are quite continuous, but the feeling and form of the visuals isn't always. Mood is one possibility, obviouslys, but I think that's too simple an explaination given that you're munching on an organic fruit.

Edited by johnuk (09/20/08 11:59 AM)

Offlinewillowmp
Male User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: johnuk]
    #8958609 - 09/20/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I dont think the problem is the nobody cares i think the problem is that it is very hard for some reason or another for them to determine the actual levels of actives mushrooms.

Another big thing standing in the way is they arn't legal in most countries, and the actives are seen as an "evil".

--------------------

Offlinejohnuk
Strangerlove
    #8958625 - 09/20/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

willowmp said:
I dont think the problem is the nobody cares i think the problem is that it is very hard for some reason or another for them to determine the actual levels of actives mushrooms.

Another big thing standing in the way is they arn't legal in most countries, and the actives are seen as an "evil".

It's not hard at all really to determine what's in them if you have access to a lab.

But, given what else you could be using the lab for (curing disease, making a living), the subtlies of a trip don't score very highly.

And yes, of coarse you're also right that they have a stigma attached. The legality problem can be overcome to some extent in a genuine lab (you can be granted permission to work with illegal chemicals), but there needs to be the reason for doing it in the first place.

Most people just don't want to mess with their brains like us, and it is most people who pay for and run the labs.

Offlinewillowmp
Male User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: johnuk]
    #8958682 - 09/20/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

oh sorry i meant concentration. something like the GC-MS doesn't work for something in mushrooms or whatnot. i dunno im confused.

--------------------

Invisibleonethroughthree
Wanderer
Male User Gallery

#8960964 - 09/20/08 10:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i have a similar question. and i think there is only one way to draw the exact image in someones head

lets say i have one shrooms. and i eat it dry. in comparison, would that ONE shrooms affect me differently if it were fresh?
less potency, more potency? would i need more fresh shrooms to reach the same level as i would have with the one dry?

--------------------
Onethroughthree

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: onethroughthree]
    #8964069 - 09/21/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Personally, I prefer fresh shrooms, usually blended into OJ.

I always get a laugh when I hear people complain about the taste or texture of shrooms?  Even vodka is more disgusting.  On the other hand, considering the amount of cough medicine and rough opiate extracts I've drank, my stomach probably is made of stainless steel.

Offlinearpnuke
Always changing
 User Gallery

#8964211 - 09/21/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Dried mushrooms sometimes taste funky.  Fresh ones taste like fresh mushrooms.  I can't tell any difference in potency, but the dried ones usually don't sit for long.

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Re: Fesh VS Dried [Re: arpnuke]
    #8964528 - 09/21/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

just dry em

--------------------
The Gospel

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds