Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Uncased substrate should be treated exactly like a cake. Right!?
    #8954791 - 09/19/08 01:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This is what it seems everything boils down to.
Some Important aspects being:

The substrate will not pin until maybe a week give or take a few after it has consolidated nutrients.

Rh needs to as close to 100% as possible.

Things I dont get. What if the outside layer of mycelium dried out? can it be rehydrated without dunking? Or is this totally bad?

--------------------
:three:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Uncased substrate should be treated exactly like a cake. Right!? [Re: camplo]
    #8954814 - 09/19/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, treat uncased substrates as cakes, which by definition are uncased substrates.

You can easily dunk a bulk substrate.  I prefer to do it under the faucet with very gently running water so that the tray overflows and the excess runs down the drain.  Weigh the substrate with whatever you have to set on top to hold it down. A mason jar or two full of water works well.  The moving water seems to help re-hydration and it also washes away contaminant spores.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinecamplo
Freedom!

Re: Uncased substrate should be treated exactly like a cake. Right!? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8955069 - 09/19/08 02:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well somehow I ended up with the exception to the rule.

I have a 1inch substrate (Fluffy as hell when prepared) that is about 18 by 36 guestimating. Its super flimsy before it even hits the water. Literally it would take about 9 quart jars to hold it under water. I used a round pot that was as wide is the tray but not as long and the mid section stayed under while the outside edges but up and out. No biggie though.
I figured that with it being so thin that just soaking it would good enough...

--------------------
:three:

Edited by camplo (09/19/08 03:27 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate