Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek

ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars
    #8937804 - 09/16/08 06:15 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Okay. I was pissed before cause I grew 30 jars and every single syringe wasn't viable (a year not used).

So, I get a new order of syringes and at least this time the jars are 90% colonized. I realize it's not colonizing anymore because there is trich mold. Fuck it. Going to birth them anyway.

Now is this right way? I'm going to birth these bad boys in the bathroom, in a trash bag (so spores aren't free in the air). Take a sharp knife cut off like 2 cm into good mycelium on all cakes (to make sure all mold spores are off). Rinse each one off. dunk all the cakes in one tub for 24 hours(cause I can't dunk each one separately). Rinse them all off, roll dry verm, and fruit like normal.

Sounds like a plan? Anyone else grow from contaminated cakes and had good to great flushes?

Edited by pftek (09/16/08 06:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegofudgeyourself
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: pftek]
    #8937819 - 09/16/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i would just call it a loss. mold can stick on anything, could hurt your other grows eventually.

--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
    #8937939 - 09/16/08 07:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe a new hobby is in order. Ever think of collecting stamps?

For real though, cut your losses and try again paying more attention to sterile procedures next time.

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Invisiblecoc_diesal_MF
iven yerkinhoff

Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: shroomizzy]
    #8937973 - 09/16/08 07:58 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I said fuckit once when I got trick/green mold on a tray I had. When I ate the mushies I tripped my balls off and couldn't stop shiting with very sharp pains in my stomach because I was tripping I thought I was fuckin dying they will give you all of the above and could possible kill you. I never did it again. Stop using a bathroom they are one of the nastiest places in your house.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: coc_diesal_MF]
    #8938003 - 09/16/08 08:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

get to the source of your contams. trich spores are sitcky, the will stick all over you, your work surfaces all over the place.               

a contaminated substrate is a gonner, you cant cut it away as its probably right thrugh your substrate.           

Build yourself a gllove box. and make sure you flame your needle red hot and wipe jar lids with alcohol before inoculating. i bet your contamination rate seriously drops doing that

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineCubensisCutter
mycologist
 User Gallery

#8938026 - 09/16/08 08:21 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Okay. I was pissed before cause I grew 30 jars and every single syringe wasn't viable (a year not used).

ive had sucess with 4  year old syringes, properly store them and they have no shelf life

--------------------

thats right cubes in december bitches

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #8938100 - 09/16/08 08:57 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The bathroom was used in the same method a friend used. All she did was clean the entire bathroom and remove all the loose objects from the bathroom and then disinfect. Now she knows the bathroom isn't such a great area to inoculate. Good thing she used a glove box as well.

How were your sterile techniques preformed Pftek?

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #8938352 - 09/16/08 10:18 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CubensisCutter said:
Quote:

pftek said:

ive had sucess with 4  year old syringes, properly store them and they have no shelf life

True proper storage will extend the life of the spores, however they will eventually expire, Period. Its been shown that after something like 5 years, iirc, 60% of the spores will not germinate.

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Offlinepftek

Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: coc_diesal_MF]
    #8939295 - 09/16/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Trich isn't a dangerous mold. If they could fruit and no mold is visible on the actual mushie it should be fine. But how did you go about growing it?

The reason for not growing is because to not wreck future growths. But I don't care about that for now. I'll reclean my whole environment after this growth.

Quote:

coc_diesal_MF said:
I said fuckit once when I got trick/green mold on a tray I had. When I ate the mushies I tripped my balls off and couldn't stop shiting with very sharp pains in my stomach because I was tripping I thought I was fuckin dying they will give you all of the above and could possible kill you. I never did it again. Stop using a bathroom they are one of the nastiest places in your house.

OfflineGojira45
Armchair Explorer

Loc: Travelling Without Moving
    #8939780 - 09/16/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

coc_diesal_MF said:
I said fuckit once when I got trick/green mold on a tray I had. When I ate the mushies I tripped my balls off and couldn't stop shiting with very sharp pains in my stomach because I was tripping I thought I was fuckin dying they will give you all of the above and could possible kill you. I never did it again.

Hilarious mental image here....

--------------------
"The theft of the seals and the possibility of a Planet X really point to everything we are doing as humans.

It was all set up. Were doing the same thing Hitler did with artifacts and knowledge about hollow earth.

Everthing points to hollow earth and that ultimitaly points to planet X." 

OfflineThe Cake Guy
Bad Ass
 User Gallery

Loc: WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE...
Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: Gojira45]
    #8939843 - 09/16/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Trich isn't a dangerous mold. If they could fruit and no mold is visible on the actual mushie it should be fine. But how did you go about growing it?

The reason for not growing is because to not wreck future growths. But I don't care about that for now. I'll reclean my whole environment after this growth.

Why would you even risk it??

--------------------

Offlinepftek

Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: The Cake Guy]
    #8940883 - 09/16/08 07:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cake Guy said:
Quote:

Why would you even risk it??

Cause my grow area is easy cleaning. it's a small area that I plan to clean thoroughly whether I go with this project or not. So, I figure let's do it.

I just need to figure out if this is the best method to going about this. Or perhaps i should case it.

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars *DELETED* [Re: coc_diesal_MF]
    #8941290 - 09/16/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete

Offlinemweme
Bemushroomed
Male

Loc: great lakes
Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: shroomizzy]
    #8941291 - 09/16/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shroomizzy said:

:laugh:  good advice.

Offlinedrwatson
Slacker
 User Gallery

Loc: nowhere land
Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8941439 - 09/16/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
Quote:

coc_diesal_MF said:
I said fuckit once when I got trick/green mold on a tray I had. When I ate the mushies I tripped my balls off and couldn't stop shiting with very sharp pains in my stomach because I was tripping I thought I was fuckin dying they will give you all of the above and could possible kill you. I never did it again.

This is bullshit....it was all in your head that the shitting was related to the moldy sustrate.
You can eat fruits that don't have mold on them that were grown on a contamed substrate. sharp pains and stomach discomfort are common when taking mushrooms for TONS of people, I can think of more than 5 times I've had a runny shit or thrown up after consuming a large amount of fresh mushrooms.
It fucking happens.

:yesnod:

Offlinepftek

Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: mweme]
    #8942534 - 09/17/08 02:55 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mweme said:
Quote:

shroomizzy said:

:laugh:  good advice.

bastards.

seriously, though any suggestions on the growth? I'm fruiting some but they don't seem to be fruiting. I dunked and rolled. And after a few days I poured H202 on them. Hopefully that really didn't mess with them. I thought it was cobwebs but the mycelium was apparently just growing on the new verm layer. Not sure if that was suppose to happen.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8942888 - 09/17/08 05:55 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

pinning can take anywhere between 3 days to 2 weeks.

--------------------

Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD

Offlineb2x
Tawhid

Loc: New Mexico
    #8942909 - 09/17/08 06:04 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

coc_diesal_MF said:
Stop using a bathroom they are one of the nastiest places in your house.

I keep my house clean.  I've never used any room other than my bathroom for all of my sterile work.  A year or so now that I've been growing and not a single contam yet.

It's just so easy to ensure that there's no air movement inside of my bathroom, id be a fool to use anywhere else.

--------------------
Power Overwhelming

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: b2x]
    #8943175 - 09/17/08 08:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You really dont want to birth contaminated substrates even if you intend on cleaning everything. But do you know how much work it would actually take to clean a room thats been exposed to millions of spores.

trich spores are sticky, they will stick to everything. You your  cloaths hair. carpets walls.

--------------------

Offlinealkylbenzene23
Indeed
 User Gallery

Re: ARGGG! 20 jars - CONTAMINATED! Growing from Contaminated Jars [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8948281 - 09/18/08 08:24 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
You really dont want to birth contaminated substrates even if you intend on cleaning everything. But do you know how much work it would actually take to clean a room thats been exposed to millions of spores.

trich spores are sticky, they will stick to everything. You your  cloaths hair. carpets walls.

Which is why you (1) always dump those suckers outside and (2) place yourself upwind. :grin:

--------------------
If you try to lick your cat while tripping, and they bite you, are you even?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck