Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Im going to go ahead tomorrow and inocculate. read
    #894648 - 09/19/02 09:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Ill just have to see how well itll work out. I thank you guys for all
the advice you have given me. Im going to read the directions
that is provided here: http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm#materialien

"If you are unable to find BRF you can also use whole wheat- or rye flour with similar results."

I am using whole wheat flour.

"or drinking glasses, the only requirement is that they are tapered and without shoulders, so you can slide the cake out of it in one piece once it?s colonized."

mines tapered but has shoulders. Ill have to either break the drinking glass or break the top of the cake. ill order jars later on.

"Fill the mixture in jars ? inch (1cm) under the top."

however if I use 1.5 inches, ill be able to slide the cake out easily
because I can dump the extra verm that now fills the shoulder level.
will extra be fine?

"Fold the foil edges up and press them together so you get a nice aluminium foil lid."

can a rubber band be used?

"So now you have 3 layers of foil over the opening, only the upper layer is lifted during the inoculation."

so after inoculation, I put the upper layer back and block the 4 holes?
someone said you need to leave the 4 holes open at all times?

"pressure cooker. The use of a rack to keep the jars from directly touching the bottom of the cooker is strongly recomended."

I have no rack, so can a hand towl or something else be used?

"Take the cover from the needle and heat it over the flame until glowing red. Let cool for a few seconds."

wont heat kill the spores? also wont the plastic melt? will heating it for just 10 seconds do? I dont want to burn or melt something.

"Put the foil on again."

and block the 4 holes?

"In the following days also small mushrooms with brown heads become visible. Now it?s time to birth the cake into the fruiting container where the mushrooms can develop to maturity."

so ur supposed to leave the mycellum in the jar till you see mushrooms actually growing inside the jar?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Im going to go ahead tomorrow and inocculate. read [Re: LSAuser]
    #894652 - 09/19/02 09:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think Mickey, Anno, or Roadkill can give you good advice on this :smile:

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #894656 - 09/19/02 09:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I am using whole wheat flour.

This will be fine.

In reply to:

mines tapered but has shoulders. Ill have to either break the drinking glass or break the top of the cake. ill order jars later on.

You will have to break the jar or dig the cake out with a spoon. I strongly recommend you find something without a shoulder. If you can't, I would probably case the crumbled cakes. Trying to break the glass and removing the cake intact has FUBAR written all over it. KISS and everything will be fine.

In reply to:

Rubber band would help to secure the foil, but it is unnecessary.

In reply to:

Either way is fine.

In reply to:

Yes.

In reply to:

wont heat kill the spores? also wont the plastic melt? will heating it for just 10 seconds do? I dont want to burn or melt something.

The syringe won't melt. Just let the needle cool down before you innoculate. That will prevent killing of spores.

In reply to:

so ur supposed to leave the mycellum in the jar till you see mushrooms actually growing inside the jar?

Some people like to wait until the jars begin pinning. I usually go ahead and birth without the pins. This is a matter of personal preference.

Good luck..

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #894667 - 09/19/02 09:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>"Fill the mixture in jars ? inch (1cm) under the top."
>however if I use 1.5 inches, ill be able to slide the cake out easily
>because I can dump the extra verm that now fills the shoulder level.
>will extra be fine?
As long you can reach the substrate laxer with the syringe, yes.

"Fold the foil edges up and press them together so you get a nice aluminium foil lid."
It can, but it?s not necessary.

"So now you have 3 layers of foil over the opening, only the upper layer is lifted during the inoculation."
You vblock the 4 holes, yes, don?t worry.

"pressure cooker. The use of a rack to keep the jars from directly touching the bottom of the cooker is strongly recomended."
Yes.

"Take the cover from the needle and heat it over the flame until glowing red. Let cool for a few seconds."
wont heat kill the spores?
the ones in the needle, yes. the ones in the sringe, no.

also wont the plastic melt? will heating it for just 10 seconds do?
Yes5-10 syeconds, untill the tip gets red.

"Put the foil on again."
and block the 4 holes?
Yes.

"In the following days also small mushrooms with brown heads become visible. Now it?s time to birth the cake into the fruiting container where the mushrooms can develop to maturity."
Yes, this is the traditional approach.

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
Re: Im going to go ahead tomorrow and inocculate. read [Re: Anno]
    #894740 - 09/19/02 10:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Listen ...it also states on that site that you can use tin cans .....just cut the tapered part off of the top buckaroo....I dont know what you are innoculating with ..and I dont want to know but try this.....after you cut the top off take another can and stick it bottom first inside the other one.....imagine that thats a pretty damn good seal isnt it .....well sha zam.....and Now for visualization number two......if you dont mind me downloading any more devious thoughts into your mind....build a pillar out of tin cans like this..........the last can will need a top......so what do you do ....never fret ....no .....no just cut the top of a seperate can off as close to the silver lid as possible so that this time some of the taper remains on the can.....now that will slide right in there will it not...? the draw back is you just have to know that it takes about five weeks to colonize...you cant see through or get any light in there........bummer ....but the plus is ...you can cut holes in cardboard pieces( milk cartons are good, use the bottom of the carton for the hole and one side for the vertilcle support) shaped like an L .....staple or screw part of that L to the bedroom wall ..that would be the verticle part of the " L" ...cut the hole in the horizontal part of the L and then slip the pillar of cans through the hole.......this supports the pillar and allows you to utilize the space on your walls to grow.......just tell whoever that it is art made out of recycable materials.....right?. ....There is someone that is going to take this post seriously......and for that person I want to say....you can utilize you walls and ceilings in the fruiting stage also........take a top ramen box and cut it down the middlle .....then out of one half cut two or three pieces so that they are in that famous " L " shape ......the shorter one staple to the wall ...the longer ...the part of the L that was once the box bottom ...you cut a hole in it so that a 2 liter bottle will fit through it...........the two liter bottle is the key.......on the bottom you will see a pentagram........well right at the edges of this cut the bottom off so that there is a lip on the bottom of the bottle.....now cut a second bottle on the top just above the label and leaving a little bit of a taper on it .....now put the two together.......see what I mean.....if you some vermiculite in the bottom and mist it up real good ...then pop a cake inside ....then you are in business....you can build a pillar of these by cutting a third bottle into an attatchment or just make one long hollow tube ...I hope you start to get the communication and when fooling around with this discover what I mean........I ve even made these things rotate.....if you cut the nipple off of the top of one bottle then dettatch it from the bottle by cutting it it at the label you can .........shit whoever wants to learn something cool....just grab as many two liter bottles out of the recycle bin as you can and private message me and we will walk through it together by private messageing one another or something....it is worth it ok...I am always on here at nights...like clockwork....

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Im going to go ahead tomorrow and inocculate. read [Re: REPLICON_TRON]
    #894742 - 09/19/02 10:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You know, paragraphs can be useful -- most especially for the poor readers! :grin: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
Re: Im going to go ahead tomorrow and inocculate. read [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #894779 - 09/19/02 11:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I 'll try harder....to tell you the truth I am not allowed on the computer....I am just trying to blast all that information out before the pissed off bitch comes kicking down my bedroom door...thats ok I have a big mofo dog. ...Your not a poor reader...I just am not a good writer ...yet...

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #894781 - 09/19/02 11:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It's almost like trying to read Riddley Walker by Hoban. Hehe...

--------------------

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
    #895397 - 09/20/02 08:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ummmm.......no good cause how can you tell if it got contam? only glass is what id use cause I need to heat it and be able to see

Anonymous

#895441 - 09/20/02 08:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Mickey, want to cut in w/ a quick question. I think I read somewhere in one of the many teks that you must fruit the cakes in the same orientation as you colonized them. That is lid side up in the fruiting chamber. Is this the case, or does it really matter? Thanks.

peace :cool: 

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Im going to go ahead tomorrow and inocculate. read [Re: ]
    #895552 - 09/20/02 09:12 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you already have pins, you might want to align the cake so that the pins are pointing up. Otherwise, I don't really think it matters.

--------------------

Anonymous

#895892 - 09/20/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you sir

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." [Claire Wolfe, _101 Things To Do 'Til the Revolution_]

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
    #898764 - 09/22/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeah you kind of have to really make sure you dont put too much water in the mixture ....so that there is no excessive sweating.....not being able to see in the can is both an advantage and disadvantage...one advantage is that an unexpected walk in wouldnt know whats up....

But if you are stuck on jars...and absolutely need secrecy..or maybe you just have to move a bunch of jars fast....and cant trust leaving them at any friends house...bury the jars in one of those 5 gallon buckets somewhere safe...it takes about 45 minutes to dig a hole with a hand shovel..those bucket lids are so tight nothing gets in there.....make sure it is really secluded though because some critter might dig after you leave and expose the bucket.....that shit really burns my ass...goddamn animals .....

Also put some poly fil in the top so when you transport that depthcharge you dont have the jars sloshing around and making the verm seal fall all down the sides...or you could use a towel or something...whatever is cushiony and clever.

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
    #898765 - 09/22/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeah you kind of have to really make sure you dont put too much water in the mixture ....so that there is no excessive sweating.....not being able to see in the can is both an advantage and disadvantage...one advantage is that an unexpected walk in wouldnt know whats up....

But if you are stuck on jars...and absolutely need secrecy..or maybe you just have to move a bunch of jars fast....and cant trust leaving them at any friends house...bury the jars in one of those 5 gallon buckets somewhere safe...it takes about 45 minutes to dig a hole with a hand shovel..those bucket lids are so tight nothing gets in there.....make sure it is really secluded though because some critter might dig after you leave and expose the bucket.....that shit really burns my ass...goddamn animals .....

Also put some poly fil in the top so when you transport that depthcharge you dont have the jars sloshing around and making the verm seal fall all down the sides...or you could use a towel or something...whatever is cushiony and clever.

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
    #898766 - 09/22/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
Re: Im going to go ahead tomorrow and inocculate. read [Re: ]
    #899944 - 09/22/02 06:30 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey I dont know why this posted three times ...I am sorry everyone..If anyone knows how I can prevent this let me know..I am not that retarded...It was probably sleep dep...I couldnt pry myself away from mycofiles bulk neglect method-pictures.....That guy is definitely a Jedi Knight. :tongue: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate