Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: So my girlfriend of almost 3 years decides to break up with me... [Re: trendal]
    #8955871 - 09/19/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm really sorry you've had to go through this.  I don't think that there are many things worse than a broken heart, or a bad breakup. 

People say shit when they get angry that is just plain wrong - I've done it, and I'm pretty sure we all have.  I wish she had been kinder to you though, because I think you're a good person, and you deserve the best.  I hope that if she starts to wear on you emotionally or continues to be mean in the future, you'll consider moving out, or asking her to leave. 

I'm glad you take having kids seriously - it's serious business!  and, as many others have said, it's wonderful that this happened BEFORE she got pregnant.  That would have been disastrous.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: So my girlfriend of almost 3 years decides to break up with me... [Re: trendal]
    #8958522 - 09/20/08 11:21 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Trendal,

Oh no, not another divorce! Do you at least get to keep the dog this time? :smirk:

In all seriousness, a breakup from a long term relationship really sucks, but you seem to be handling it in the typical trendal fashion! Hang tough, brother. :heart:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: So my girlfriend of almost 3 years decides to break up with me... [Re: adrug]
    #8958665 - 09/20/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I got to keep the cats :smirk:

Thanks adrug!! :heart:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #8958717 - 09/20/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hi Trendal.  Sorry about the drama.  I hope you pull through :heart:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
    #8959159 - 09/20/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

That really sucks. My husband (of 13 years together for 15) Split about a month ago. He had been crying for a chance at a second chance and within 48 hours had decided something different and come to find out he is talking to someone else after convincing me for a second chance.

Now it seems he completely hates me and wishes for me to disappear. He really got in my head after I had made the desision we were done. I can't understand why he had to convince me to see if he changed and got me emotionally invested again if he didn't want it in the first place. It CRUSHED me but I will move on.

If you need to get something off your chest PM me. We have 2 kids he seems to have forgotten about since he has started talking to a girl 4 states away. So I can understand your feelings completely.

I am really sorry to hear it. I would not be able to share a house though. I might rethink the hurt that could bring.

Offlineiamconfused
Happily insane since '06
    #8959768 - 09/20/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well, my first love, girlfriend of over 2 years, cheated on me twice (the second time wasn't technically cheating, as she ****ed him immediately after we 'broke up', or so I was led to believe) before it was all said and done. You know when it happened? Both times were when I tried to stop smoking weed for awhile so I could have a chance to get the types of jobs I wanted (which required passing a piss test). At first, she would say that she didn't really want to smoke either for awhile, that it wasn't healthy. Then she wound up smoking weed at some other guy's apartment and, over time, ****ing him. Young girls are just out to have fun. She was no different, it turns out. If they aren't in their mid-20s, I don't think most are worth trying to engage in a serious relationship. If they are faithful, it's probably more due to them being repressed in some way than actually truly wanting to be that way deep inside. Women are very sensuous beings, more so than men, and when their young, they are very into exploring this side, which includes things like drug use and affairs. Weed enhances this aspect. Maybe I'm jaded, but I have watched it happened to other people besides me. Stupid young men throw their hearts into relationships early on and young women use for it for what it's worth, delude themselves into feeling the same way to preserve their sense of self-dignity, and then run away with the man's heart dying in their hands as they go out to chase their pleasures when they've become bored. On the other hand, older women have a more mature outlook on relationships.

Here's how I look at: in the teenage years, women are more mature than men. Then, in the late teenage years/early 20s, the pendulum shifts, and the maturity level evens out or even tips slightly more towards the man. Than in the mid/late 20s and onwards, women are once again the more mature half.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: So my girlfriend of almost 3 years decides to break up with me... [Re: iamconfused]
    #8960913 - 09/20/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

heh
its coo trendal :heart:
im in the same boat

you just gotta breath be and keep yourself flowin

i remember when you made the post that you had met that girl

cus tht was right around the time i met my ex

nothing lasts :mushroomgrow:

--------------------

Offlinearbalest
wut kent?
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
    #8961138 - 09/20/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Thanks sucky. I'm already 2/3 of the way over her, so it's progressing quickly :wink:

One of my mates always told me if you wanna get over a girl, just imagine her taking a shit. :lol:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: So my girlfriend of almost 3 years decides to break up with me... [Re: arbalest]
    #8962800 - 09/21/08 10:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

LOL, that doesn't work for me man.  She was always so cute and bashful when she knew I was watching! :tongue2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#8965792 - 09/21/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well it's been almost a week now, and I'm not quite sure were we stand. We have talked, seriously, a few times now, and I believe I've gotten the truth out of her. The real reason she broke up with me is that I wasn't bringing enough passion to the relationship. She has also said that while she thinks this is it, it may not be.

I admit, I'm not usually the most passionate guy around, and that leaves me with a bit of a poser: do I hang on and try to make it work, or let her go for good? I guess I'm kind of stuck right now, because I still love this girl. If she truly thinks this is it, then I might as well let her go. On the other hand, if she is holding on to a glimmer of hope that I can be that much more passionate, then I feel compelled to do so.

Tonight has been another night alone with my thoughts. In reality, I have always wanted to be more passionate about everything. In some ways, I feel as if I've lost some of the passion I used to have. Passion for life. For too long now I have been content to sit around, letting life pass me by.

I've been thinking of all this, over the past week. I have decided that my life needs a serious passion boost. This will happen whether or not she wants me back, but I hope she does.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#8971675 - 09/23/08 05:44 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

We are back together again :smile:

I just needed to realize what it was that I wasn't providing for her. I can fix that, because unlike my physical traits, changing the way I approach life is easy to change!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order