Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleChronic7

True Knowledge
    #8938263 - 09/16/08 09:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

All knowledge & intellect stand on the "I" sense.

The intellect & the objects we know change all the time, aquiring new knowledge/losing past knowledge, but all this stands on the sense "I", so knowing the "I" is at the pinnacle of all knowledge, when you know the "I" you come into universal knowledge, true knowledge, knowledge where you fully understand with every ounce of your being.

True knowledge is fully understanding.

So why worry about external objective knowledge when we dont even know or understand ourselves?

It all stands on the "I", "I" is the most intimate & at the pinnacle of all knowledge, id suggest looking & finding out what it is, if you wish for universal understanding & peace in your life of course.

:peace:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: True Knowledge [Re: Chronic7]
    #8938323 - 09/16/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This really makes no sense to me.

So why worry about external objective knowledge when we dont even know or understand ourselves?

Well, to survive for one thing. To get to work to turn on the stove to go to the toilet.

Do you really have any experience to back your ideas? They mostly seem like self indulgent nonsense to me. No evidence just jabber. It's just new agey wishful thinking IMO.

As far as I know the idea of gravity has not changed.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleChronic7

Re: True Knowledge [Re: Icelander]
    #8938363 - 09/16/08 10:21 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Do i have the experience to back my ideas? Most certainly yes otherwise i would be talking about something else i enjoy the experience of like food, swimming, sex or the weed brownies i made over the weekend...but the most important thing i've experienced is undiluted pure "I" because the revelation of the experience is just incredibly beyond fulfilling.

Why do you think i go on about it so much?

Its not to annoy anyone or to selfishly satisfy myself, its out of compassion at seeing all this mental anguish going on for nothing.
I may come off as short, blunt or demeaning but its only the ego which would take offense & im not bothered about the ego, im not here to cater to the ego, im here to kill it :evil:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8938386 - 09/16/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You claim to have this knowledge but bring no evidence to the table.  Like the fortune teller who pretends contact with the other world.

IMO you say all this in response to your death anxiety. You need to have a belief that proves to you that your not just a temporary animal.

By the way if you kill your ego you are physically dead also. Like all parts of ourself the ego serves to help us navigate the physical reality we find ourselves in. Without it you are toast.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (09/16/08 10:29 AM)

InvisibleChronic7

#8938398 - 09/16/08 10:32 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

"Without it you are toast" Thats your ego saying that

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#8938414 - 09/16/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

So what? That just proves it's part of my makeup. That does not mean what I say is incorrect.

Show me one person in history who did not have an ego.

Now some have a healthy ego structure and some not but that's not what we are discussing.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (09/16/08 10:36 AM)

Offlinetosatori
and beyond
Male

#8938654 - 09/16/08 11:37 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

permanent destruction of the ego would cause the physical world to cease to function.

ego is necessary to our survival, i just think its important to be able to see through it.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: True Knowledge [Re: tosatori]
    #8940815 - 09/16/08 07:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tosatori said:
permanent destruction of the ego would cause the physical world to cease to function.

ego is necessary to our survival, i just think its important to be able to see through it.

I bet if the world could talk;
and you asked it how the world was functioning these days it would say something like this-

Quote:

tosatori didn't say:
permanent construction of the ego would cause the physical world to cease to function.

egolessness is necessary to our survival, i think its important to be able to see through it.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #8941192 - 09/16/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
You claim to have this knowledge but bring no evidence to the table.

Most people will naturally react dubiously to individual claims of enlightenment and sacred knowledge, but a reasonable and inquiring mind will be quite open to observing trends through out the historical narratives of spiritual and transcendental thought, particularly of esoteric traditions within mythic-cultural thematic religions that bare striking similiarity not just today, but since the nascent of such ideas. If so-and-so on the internet claims enlightenment, I expect this to be meaningless to most people. If countless traditions, credence and espouse in the past several millenia appear to connect themselves timelessly through the centuries, bound by a certain Gnosis that produces a typical philosophical yield, this alone is worth investigating and with an open mind at that. A sound historical analysis will find that 'collaboration' among the scattered mystical traditions of antiquity is highly improbable, so by this logical virtue, it is worth intellectually converging upon such a perennial commonality. It will very well be found that mystical knowledge is unique regardless when, who and where - and furthermore, it is certainly beyond this outlined observation. It becomes your prerogative to experience it yourself.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisiblehamandcheese
Sandwich
 User Gallery

Loc: Next Level
    #8941230 - 09/16/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Knowing the "I" may exist as the pinnacle of knowledge but a cap stone alone make for a rather unimposing pyramid. if it is even possible to fully know the self, what use is it if it can't be applied in a practical sense? how can this constitutes true knowledge, if it is fully understanding? would that not require you to understand the stones this cap stone rests upon in order to "fully understand?

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7

Re: True Knowledge [Re: hamandcheese]
    #8942756 - 09/17/08 04:54 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Most people will naturally react dubiously to individual claims of enlightenment and sacred knowledge, but a reasonable and inquiring mind will be quite open to observing trends through out the historical narratives of spiritual and transcendental thought, particularly of esoteric traditions within mythic-cultural thematic religions that bare striking similiarity not just today, but since the nascent of such ideas. If so-and-so on the internet claims enlightenment, I expect this to be meaningless to most people. If countless traditions, credence and espouse in the past several millenia appear to connect themselves timelessly through the centuries, bound by a certain Gnosis that produces a typical philosophical yield, this alone is worth investigating and with an open mind at that. A sound historical analysis will find that 'collaboration' among the scattered mystical traditions of antiquity is highly improbable, so by this logical virtue, it is worth intellectually converging upon such a perennial commonality. It will very well be found that mystical knowledge is unique regardless when, who and where - and furthermore, it is certainly beyond this outlined observation. It becomes your prerogative to experience it yourself.

Thanks for saying it for me, the whole reason is this enlightenment thing is about direct personal experience of divinity, NOT a heady mental contruction of new beliefs but an actual recognition in your whole body & like my teacher beautifully said "thats the whole point of this, that we're not looking for head satisfaction" 

The very fact that people have been going on about this transendence/ascention stuff for so long means that an intelligent person should not be put off by the religious side but be attracted to these esoteric teachings as its fully exploring the potential of the minds focus attention & concentration instead of merely being a slave to animalistic tendencies.

Quote:

hamandcheese said:
Knowing the "I" may exist as the pinnacle of knowledge but a cap stone alone make for a rather unimposing pyramid. if it is even possible to fully know the self, what use is it if it can't be applied in a practical sense? how can this constitutes true knowledge, if it is fully understanding? would that not require you to understand the stones this cap stone rests upon in order to "fully understand?

Okay the best way i can describe how finding the "I" solves all this in a 'practical' sense (in a way that will benefit you) is its like life is turbulent cycles happening in space, when you realize you are the space & not the cycles then the cycles come into realignment, harmony, the mind becomes still & you can see life with clarity, seeing life as it really is not as you 'think' it is. When these cycles come into harmony it has a beautiful effect on body & mind, so thats your 'benefit' or practical application of Self realization, the only concern should be for truth though, not for personal benefit. To realize your nature as space you cant cling to personal benefit, the personal sense actually has to die to open up the mind cycles to recognize that space.

Its all about opening & all this "i dont believe this or that, i want proof of this before i take a look, your full of shit" is nothing but being closed. Im not saying believe everything at all im saying be wise & just take a look for yourself

Its like building a million piece puzzle but being so stubborn that you can do it yourself you dont look at the picture on the box, which is just ego saying "i can do it by myself" & creating further obstacles for itself, which is totally ridiculous, who is beating your heart & breathing your breath?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: True Knowledge [Re: Basilides]
    #8943288 - 09/17/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Oh don't think I haven't explored it. You have my conclusions. The trends I have noticed is that usually the guru gets found out. :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#8944861 - 09/17/08 03:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Oh don't think I haven't explored it. You have my conclusions. The trends I have noticed is that usually the guru gets found out. :tongue:

Ahhhhh so that's what the stake is for.
Crispy Guru anyone?

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds