Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineivon_is_on
Lovely ;)

Loc: The Netherlands
shrooming with too many people?
    #892836 - 09/19/02 07:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi everyone

i just wanted to get an opinion on something.... I took mushrooms for the second time on tuesday night with 6 of my good friends. For most of my trip, esp. when I was peaking, I felt really uncomfortable like there was no where for me to sit and relax because there was too much going on. Also, in the middle of iit all three other people who I am not too familier with came over and threw me way off. So I had this feeling all night that there was no place to go. Almost the same thing happened the 1st time i did them. AM I shrooming with the wrong people or just too many??

panda

--------------------
i'm on :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: ivon_is_on]
    #892843 - 09/19/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Its probably a good idea for you to be around your friends the first few times. Try to do it somwhere where you can walk away from them for a while if the urge arises to be alone. Then you can rejoin the group after your visionquest :wink:

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #893073 - 09/19/02 09:03 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My guess is probably both. I don't like shrooming around people I don't know. If you're all friends, a half dozen or so people can be okay, but more than that can just be too much. A sound piece of advice is ALWAYS have a place where you can go and be by yourself comfortably. Frustration from being around people who are "throwing you off" can quickly spiral into a negative trip.

What annoys me in particular about others is that many people like to blather on and on about supposed revelations they are having or hallucinations they are seeing. Most of the time their talk is nonsensical and pointless IMO, and makes me weary and miserable.

Staying far away from drunk people is also a good policy.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #893090 - 09/19/02 09:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If i dont trust a person 100% or atleast 90% i wont trip with em. Some peopel dont handle trips well.

Big groups suck too. 2-4 people is the best i think.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#894166 - 09/19/02 05:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i only trip with a friend of mine and only him, i trust him and hes no one ot freka out, i help him if he needsand and vise versa, i havent tripped alone yet, planning on it

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#894175 - 09/19/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

group sex

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #894984 - 09/20/02 04:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

What annoys me in particular about others is that many people like to blather on and on about supposed revelations they are having or hallucinations they are seeing. Most of the time their talk is nonsensical and pointless IMO, and makes me weary and miserable.

i could not agree with you more.  i absolutely hate that.  man i am bothered now just thinking about that. 

my trips are more enjoyed when im by myself (maybe with friends in tha back ground)  i can enjoy my journey on MY terms, and not worry about having to listen to the ramblings of others :tongue: 

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #906822 - 09/25/02 07:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

IMO I think that camping is the best way to shroom. Even with 9 people, you can still walk off with a buddy and do your own thing. Then if you wanna rejoin the group just look for the bonfire going to lead you back.

Can't be beat!

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: shrooming with too many people? *DELETED* [Re: Left Nut City]
    #907318 - 09/25/02 01:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: blink]
    #907471 - 09/25/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I third this :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: Left Nut City]
    #908148 - 09/25/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I fourth that :grin: Although I've had fun trips around my house and the suburbs, NOTHING comes close to being miles away from civilisation! It just seems to erase all the fear of being caught by the police, parents etc. It's even better when you're the only group, or one of a few groups that are camping there. And if you don't feel like talking, which I never do, tell your friends that you're going to go find a spot to lie down and listen to music!  :laugh: And if you're tripping in a medium sized group, later you can all go on a big huge mission :grin: It's great fun. 

OfflineDISCGOLFNDOSE
Chain Ringer
Loc: International Waters (Oil...
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: Sheepish]
    #909405 - 09/26/02 09:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

:cool:

--------------------
Leave me alone I'm a Botanist not a Mycologist.

gRiP-n-RiP

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: Sheepish]
    #909469 - 09/26/02 10:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: T0aD]
    #909709 - 09/26/02 12:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #910810 - 09/26/02 08:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I refuse to shroom with other people. Even my first time (4grams) I was by myself. I consider myself very stable mentally though. I had considered taking mushrooms five YEARS before actually doing so, and started researching trip reports etc about 2 years before trying them. I realize that I am a minority in this respect. I would suggest for you to be with 1-2 of your best friends and not the whole gang. Shrooms are a personal journey. Take care and be safe!

Offlineonetwo4
herbature
Male

Loc: Lake Tahoe
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: Frog31337]
    #5531548 - 04/18/06 10:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I have shroomed with around 20 other people and it was just madness and way too extreme.. just shroomin with a few friends is so perfect.

camping + shroomin is the best ever!

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: onetwo4]
    #5531594 - 04/18/06 10:41 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

when I was younger me and a friend had half an acid tab one night at a party. The crowd got too much, so we went and sat in the pot garden and smoked a joint around the dope plants... that was enjoyable, but yeah, people tend to get on my nerves on any drug

Offlinetriple_
Mushroom!Mushroom!
Male
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: indica]
    #5531655 - 04/18/06 10:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I find it's not a problem if it's one or two other people who are also tripping on something (anything!), but I get really uncomfortable if there's at least one person who isn't tripping at all.

But yeah, large groups ruin any trip, especially when they're mostly drunk.

And damn, just thinking about doing it while camping with mates is making my mouth water.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: shrooming with too many people? [Re: indica]
    #5531713 - 04/18/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A couple weeks ago a friend of mine had a big shroom party (I was the only one not dosing that night as I actually had the sense not to dose with all the responsibilities I had to worry about for the week to come) and there were about 30 people in the house on shrooms. Everyone just on their own kind of drifted off into groups of 5-6 and "claimed" their own rooms that spent most of their trip in other than the few people tripping who were just wandering around and being a little weird and the one kid who had a seizure. He was fine, but he collapsed and started convulsing 2ft away from the stairs. Had he not taken those 2 steps after he got up the stairs it would have been much worse.

Other than that all I have to say is large groups are generally a big no no for me on shrooms. Made that mistake once at a friend's party, just ended up lying in her computer room in the dark with some soft music playing for about 3 hours. When I came down everyone was drunk and cheering cause my friend hadn't puked... What a night... Made for a great comedown at least...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract