Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemethoxy
Hi, I'm Methoxy.

My L Losing potency? should i worry?
    #8938897 - 09/16/08 12:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ive kept some L folded in notebook paper, in a sandwich baggie, then in a small ziplock baggie, which i suck the air out of to vacuum seal it using a lil technique thats a bit hard to explain, then i take two silica satchets and put them in a mint tin, then put the baggie folded up in the tin, i also tape the zip lock opening of the baggie closed.. then i tape the tin shut to make it airtight. ive kept this in an area that is less than 80F the whole time.. its usually 76-77F. I noticed that 2 hits i took approx 2 weeks ago when i first got them were bomb as fuck and very visual.  i took 3 last friday (which was approx 10-14 days later, after tolerance period) and i didnt get as intense of visuals, i suspect maybve because i had about 3-4 beers? i told my buddy about this and he thinks they might have lost some potency, what do you guys think? is L really that fucking sensitive? some guy on bluelight or drugs forums or whatever says that even certain frequencies of sound can kill your L, so if i had it in a room where a loud stereo was played from time to time could that have killed some potency? or is the tolerance more like a 30 day thing till you get the true clarity and visuals again, and maybe the alcohol disrupted that effect? any advice is important

I heard refridgeration is overkill and not necessary but id like to get your opinions on that, maybe it is necessary? aside from a response to my concerns im wondering if refridgeration really is necessary? shulgin says it isnt, thats why ive been storing it this way..  also i kept it in my fridge for about 6 hours once while the AC wasnt running, do you think drastic temperature changes/fluctuations like that can kill it too? maybe that killed some potency?

Edited by methoxy (09/16/08 12:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: My L Losing potency? should i worry? [Re: methoxy]
    #8938909 - 09/16/08 12:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I highly doubt your hits are losing potency. Potency isn't the only thing that impacts a trip.

--------------------

Offlinemethoxy
Hi, I'm Methoxy.

Re: My L Losing potency? should i worry? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8938936 - 09/16/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah its possible my brain chemistry is different and i have a 20-30 day tolerance till i get those bad ass crisp visuals again.. all my buddies that had it their first time on friday (same stuff) said it was great.. one dude though said he didnt feel much till later on (his brain might be different too) everyone is like 'dude there's no WAY you arent tripping!! haha'

--------------------
But Jimi was feeling good - he'd shared some LSD with a friend, Herbert Worthington, who sat and watched him from the side: 'Jimi started singing "Spanish Castle Magic" and I was high, I was so happy, probably one of the happiest times of my life, being with an Angel [Jimi] and having a woman on each arm. I just went into an LSD laugh.' Jimi looked over to Herbert, realised that he too was peaking out on acid, tried to say something to Herbie, but it wouldn't come out.

- Jimi Hendrix "Electric Gypsy"

Offlinebigrddg1
Stranger
Male

Loc: Illinois
Re: My L Losing potency? should i worry? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8938944 - 09/16/08 12:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

from personal experience, ive been told to keep L in tin foil and it shouldnt matter that much considering its been 2 weeks unless it was old L in the first place
your tolerance is only affected for 3 days or so
thats why some people trip weekly

Offlinemethoxy
Hi, I'm Methoxy.

#8939554 - 09/16/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

ive been told foil kills it cuz the aluminum has oxides and reacts with the chemical... plastic is non-reactive and safe according to my research

--------------------
But Jimi was feeling good - he'd shared some LSD with a friend, Herbert Worthington, who sat and watched him from the side: 'Jimi started singing "Spanish Castle Magic" and I was high, I was so happy, probably one of the happiest times of my life, being with an Angel [Jimi] and having a woman on each arm. I just went into an LSD laugh.' Jimi looked over to Herbert, realised that he too was peaking out on acid, tried to say something to Herbie, but it wouldn't come out.

- Jimi Hendrix "Electric Gypsy"

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
    #8939603 - 09/16/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

light and autooxidation from air affect it more than tin-foil and audible frequencies (wtf?! lol). I seriously doubt exposing the acid to slipknot is going to cause isomerization of the molecule. sound is low energy with respect to the electromagenetic spectrum, light is high energy.

i think you're just paranoid

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Edited by piracetam (09/16/08 03:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom